It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emmanuel Macron goes AWOL as protests, violence plague Paris

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

if you are going to call the French pussies, ask yourself, when was the last time you went and made your government listen to the people?

Americans like to sit on their ass and shine their guns talking about the 2nd amendment yet we have one of the most intrusive and oppressive governments in American history and they or you do nothing about it

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

if you are going to call the French pussies, ask yourself, when was the last time you went and made your government listen to the people?

Americans like to sit on their ass and shine their guns talking about the 2nd amendment yet we have one of the most intrusive and oppressive governments in American history and they or you do nothing about it

The private ownership of firearms... our 2nd Amendment rights... That's the only reason that our government hasn't tried to screw us anymore than they already have. That's why we burn cities over sports, and not politics.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Interesting observation, seems to me like a false sense of security, the ruling class need the populace, we're not expendable so guns or not enough people protest the gig is up.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The "yellow vests" want further concessions from the government. Their demands include a redistribution of wealth as well as the increase of salaries, pensions, social security payments and the minimum wage. Some say they will not settle for anything less than the president's resignation.

France already has some of the highest taxes for social programs in the world, and have some of the most slack working conditions. And they want more? Aljazeera isn't reporting correctly here.

The hike in gas prices was the main reason because people saw it literally written and displayed on signage when they pull up to the pumps. As I said before, it's lingering on and nothing will happen when you start vandalizing and causing chaos.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Lighten up it’s a joke guy and when you willingly disarm yourself the chances of you donning the yoke of tyranny is much higher.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Interesting observation, seems to me like a false sense of security, the ruling class need the populace, we're not expendable so guns or not enough people protest the gig is up.

Where we live... if a bear strolls onto the property and tries to kill our livestock... a 12 gauge shotgun is NOT a false sense of security.

It's a dead bear...
edit on 7-12-2018 by madmac5150 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2018 by madmac5150 because: My cat told me to

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

they have been screwing us so hard you guys don't even know if you're getting screwed anymore. remember that next time you apply for a permit to have a carpenter come over and put a tile floor in your house

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Lighten up it’s a joke guy and when you willingly disarm yourself the chances of you donning the yoke of tyranny is much higher.

it really doesn't seem like it. our government continues to raise all kinds of taxes on everything, implement more regulation, more laws, more rules, more insurance

seems to me like the disarmed population is actually accomplishing more right now

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I'm not arguing that, I mean from a POV of I've got mine, armed to the teeth but not proactive, no organized protests, anything mustered up is quickly squashed, you will notice the French authorities however are not easily containing the will of the people, the people collectively forcing change. I guess the difference is these protesters feel helpless enough, so together they act.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

they seem to be more in tuned with what's happening in their community where here in the US someone will scoff and go back to their castle with their guns and not care about others

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

it really doesn't seem like it. our government continues to raise all kinds of taxes on everything, implement more regulation, more laws, more rules, more insurance

seems to me like the disarmed population is actually accomplishing more right now

That’s funny seems we have a long way to go on the tax front tasing taxes are bad enough, and terrible when you’re already the 2nd most taxed nation....
www.google.com... -tax-burden-vs-oecd-countries%2F&psig=AOvVaw3mpujicJZ8AzGkRuRoRfzs&ust=1544334454737322
Bullies including those in government love taking advantage of the weak, making yourself weak is not a good thing in my worthless opinion.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hes probably found solace in his wifes/mothers arms as the French people jeer for his head.

As a true French aristocrat, I'm sure his surrender is imminent.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

they seem to be more in tuned with what's happening in their community where here in the US someone will scoff and go back to their castle with their guns and not care about others

The French are proof, that people will only tolerate so much taxation. There is a a breaking point... the French government obviously broke it...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'm proud of the French, they are standing up to this nonsense of their elitist class.

While I dont expect macron's head on a pike, I do think he is pretty much done for. If pressure continues, hell resign by the new year.

I hope the rest of Europe takes head and ousts these globalist tools.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Yep what I meant about the false sense of security, united we are strong, divided we are not regardless of how armed we are.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I hope America does the same, but I fear we are too happy and pussified and divided as another member suggest

edit on 8-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

the taxes are obviously just the straw that broke the camels back. if a tax increase is enough to put that many people in their country under they have other underlying issues such as what I linked above

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
If i recall, the French President can go full dictator for a brief period

Maybe if the French people ask the NRA nicely, they might ship them some guns, like they did to the UK when the Germans were trying to take their freedom

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
If i recall, the French President can go full dictator for a brief period

Maybe if the French people ask the NRA nicely, they might ship them some guns, like they did to the UK when the Germans were trying to take their freedom

those days are long gone, everyone has become more docile and takes less risk as not to put their personal comfort at risk. back then they saw someone had a problem and the world did everything they could to help even if it meant breaking some rules

in todays world, not going to happen

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well, if the United States were the same size as France I'm sure it would be a whole lot easier to have people organize and all of that, but I think people need to remember that France is no bigger than Texas and has about twice the population of California.

We are more spread out in the United States. Even our most crowded cities have nothing compared to how it is in France.

Here in the US protestors often organize over the phone and through other means of communication to protest in a city they don't even live near. A person in France could drive from one end of the country to the other in about half a day.

Let's say there's somehow going to be a revolutionary action going on somewhere in Maryland and you want to go, but you live in good ol' San Diego, California. A person is going to have to know way beforehand. Good luck getting a plane ride there last minute, and the drive is terrible. It's going to take at least a day and a half more like at least two days. And did I mention the drive is terrible?

To be realistic, at least in my opinion. No one is going to go to any protest or riot (short of getting paid) unless they are already there or for some reason their whole existence revolves around some issue. Most people are going to hope whatever it is stays far away. That's why people are content to wait for the fight to come to them. It takes a lot of time and resources to participate or enact something like that.

Let's face it. The only people in the United States to be willing to do that would be radicals, and if they get what they want then it's going to affect a lot of regular people who just want to try and live a simple life and be happy with their friends and families.
edit on 8-12-2018 by RealityIsAbsurd because: The cow goes moo.

edit on 8-12-2018 by RealityIsAbsurd because: The war eagle goes screeeeee lmao

edit on 8-12-2018 by RealityIsAbsurd because: Fixed a grammar mistake.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join