It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Pleased To Have Recently Been Given The Title,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I'm really confused as to where do I go from here?

(If this looks familiar, it's because I posted a similar request for help as a reply to another thread under collaborative fiction, but got no responses.)

Anyway, I am eager to get started, however, like I said, I don't know where to begin. Do I somehow get to know some of the other writers and collaborate with them on some fiction?

Or, do I just go ahead and write my own story/poem, etc...???

Can somebody please start me off in the right direction?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Browse around to the various existing stories to find one that is open to one and all and add something, making sure to follow the ground rules. Some are very easy; some are less so.

You can always start your own collaborative fiction or you can post a short story to "Short Stories."

Here are some I've contributed to or would like to see continued:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check these and others out and see what you can do.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

[edit on 05/2/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Browse around to the various existing stories to find one that is open to one and all and add something, making sure to follow the ground rules. Some are very easy; some are less so.

You can always start your own collaborative fiction or you can post a short story to "Short Stories."

Here are some I've contributed to or would like to see continued:

Thank you, GradyPhilpot! You were the only one to respond to my honest questions.

You have really given me some options, and most particularly, a starting point.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to give me those pointers.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hey! Writers have to hang together. Without writers there would be no readers.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
CyberCat, I'm new a new "writer" too. Thank you for asking the questions. I was a little puzzled, too. Never dawned on me to just ask

FWIW, here is my effort:
Neighbor from Hell

There's lots of good stories here. I hope to get confident enough to add something to somelese's story soon.

Good luck to you.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

CyberCat, I'm new a new "writer" too. Thank you for asking the questions. I was a little puzzled, too. Never dawned on me to just ask

FWIW, here is my effort:
Neighbor from Hell

Hey, Don'tTreadOnMe,

For someone just starting out, you have a great story going there! The only problem is, I would love to jump in there and add something, but you need to stop writing for a minute!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
[edit on 2/26/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hey!
Congratulations on getting the 'writer' title, CyberKat.

Look forward to reading more of your material and thoughts.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Cyber,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I used to be a fair writer in grade school, many, many years ago.

I u2u'd you. I really think your ideas in my story are GREAT!!!!!!!
I needed that shot in the arm to get my creative juices going.

I look forward to more of your writings. When are you gonna start your piece?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hey DontTread,

Where aaarrreee yyyyoooouuuuuu???????

I got stuck. Your turn. Remember, this didn't all really happen

Or did it. I hope we can't just rewrite the course of other people's lives just by using the Web...... nah!

No, I think you're great. Just picking up the story you started after I had twisted it all around. A natural!

Ohhhh... and, I guess I'll start mine when we finish yours.

But, I have no clue as of yet what to write about. I guess it will come to me when I sit down to write. That's what usually happens.

[edit on 2/28/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm baaaaack!
Once I got over the shock or the kidnapping, I began to enjoy the story as it unfolded. Truth IS stranger than fiction, but fiction helps to juice up the story.
I have a couple more ideas for Pete's antics before.....[ed. to keep the audience guessing]

Well, get on your thinking cap. I don't know how long this story will last, but it can't go on forever.......?? Can it...?
Maybe something from your life that can be adlibbed?
At any rate, when you start yours, I hope to be able to return the favor. We can be the dynamic duo of ATS coll. fiction

We could be rich and famous, go on the talk show circuit. Wait *blush* *stammer*
I got a little carrried away there.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
In an episode of truth-is-stranger-than-fiction yesterday, I had an incident with my IRL neighbor and the IRL police.
Once I can fit it in, and once the drama wears off, I hope to incorporate the idea into my story. And, oh yeah, gotta protect the innocent, too.
Did I read somewhere else on ATS that the government is trying to "beef up" the Pariot Act.....heaven help the honest citizen

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
DontTread?

Are you all right? Long time, no read..... Just wondering, seriously, if you are O.K. I hope so. Maybe just taking a break from the Helions next door?

I think I'll give you a U2U.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the U2U back. Glad U R O.K. No, that's not at all the only forum I go to. Just lately I've been checking in.

I usually go to the "most recent posts" or what ever it's called, see if there's anything interesting to look at, and reply if I want to. Or else, I get an idea, or a question, and post it where ever is my best guess as to where it should go. The mods move my posts a lot though. I guess I'll learn eventually.

Later

[edit on 3/7/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Cyber,
Thanks for asking.

I've been around here and there, nothing too strenuous, though.
As I indicated on 3-2-5, above, I had a little episode with my IRL neighbor.
The names, etc. are changed to protect the innocent and guilty, but my story is based on IRL. NO ONE could make all of this up...well, maybe Stephen King.

*muttering (inaudible)*

I hope to get back in the saddle by week's end. I don't want our story to wither and die. I was having lots of fun with the story.

*goes off to take a couple of aspirin*

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
DontTread,

I keep trying to tell you something here, but I don't know if it's my computer or what, but I keep getting bumped off, back to my home page. Strange. Anyway, whatever it is, I'm gonna U2U instead.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
CyberKat
Thank You!!!! I have been looking for some answers since becoming a Writer a few days ago. I was almost ready to ask in the Board Questions Forum when I found this thread. I was unsure how to begin.
Some of what I read looked like you needed to be assigned or invited to be able to write, while others seemed to allow any Writer to add input.
The answers needed for new Writers are not easy to find. Is that to test our basic research skills?

GradyPhilpott posted on 26-2-2005 at 05:07 PM

You have just assisted me with something you wrote months ago. Thank you.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by rawiea]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wait for the contests, some are interesting and get the chance to let your abilities as a writer flow. Or if you get bored just start typing and hope it makes sense in the end. My problem with stories is I have to kill everyone or I will be bothered in my head about "What happened next, did those two stay together? Did he really die?" So I usually end up just blowing the planet up or something.

top topics

join