It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is this site so Glitchy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Do me a favor. Go to the Q thread a few times see if that changes.

You can be the control group

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Sometimes it takes longer to load a page, but most of the time that doesn't happen, I don't have any problems with the site.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Unfortunately you will not get an answer.

Do you know why? Because it's impossible to know how a specific user is experiencing the site without being on his/her side, as many things influence the behaviour of a site: the way the site was designed, the site's servers, the user's ISP, device and browser, etc.

Many years ago, here in Portugal we had a site that had a very slow access when someone from a specific ISP tried to access it, as the traffic from that ISP was redirected to the UK then back to Portugal. When that ISP got direct access to Portuguese lines the site started behaving normally to that ISP's users.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

Do me a favor. Go to the Q thread a few times see if that changes.

You can be the control group

Ha,ha! You're just looking foolish. Read the moderator ArMaP's explanation above that mirrors mine...oh, and also doesn't have issues. Apologize to him because you don't get it.

I tried, they tried...you on the other hand, did not. Good luck to you...

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: caterpillage
Unfortunately you will not get an answer.

Do you know why? Because it's impossible to know how a specific user is experiencing the site without being on his/her side, as many things influence the behaviour of a site: the way the site was designed, the site's servers, the user's ISP, device and browser, etc.

Many years ago, here in Portugal we had a site that had a very slow access when someone from a specific ISP tried to access it, as the traffic from that ISP was redirected to the UK then back to Portugal. When that ISP got direct access to Portuguese lines the site started behaving normally to that ISP's users.

Thanks again Mod ArMaP...I tried to explain the same and failed.
Some have a hard time comprehending...as does member above. We tried...

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

This happens way too much and I've experienced it on different devices.
I have counted as much as sixty seconds waiting for a page to load.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Im on a PC windows and chrome and an android also google chrome and I have experienced it so I dont think it's device related.
It has to do with the advertising I think. And it seems to come in waves. Its not all the time its at busy hours so it is definitely site originating.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
right now its speeding along like a computer of the twenty first century. No problemo,

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Its a test.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Im on a PC windows and chrome and an android also google chrome and I have experienced it so I dont think it's device related.

Do you use the same connection on both devices or do they use different connections/ISPs?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

this site is monitored by DOD. Do they pay you wages MS, i believe they do, this site is glitchy on my phone but not on my pc, although for people to take the piss on such a trivial matter that they wouldn't usually entertain is what i call overplaying your hand.

The trick to figure stuff out around here is to feed those that now different information that you know to be either or and play dumb ti see how they respond, this site is a gold mine when you know how to play the players.

An interesting theory on how the CIA control ATS.
www.reddit.com...

Hey is Springer his real name btw like the guy that knew more than Mulder n Scilly but less than the secret chiefs..
And the guy/ owner dude with second name Good ffs two Defo made up names designed to promote a thinking lol
edit on 9-12-2018 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Both. The android is mobile but requires a wifi connection for the internet.
I connect to available services when I travel.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

I see you're new...so we'll cut you slack. Even you said it's not the site cause it's not glitchy on all your own devices...just "mobile"...

And we all know the owner by name...and it more than "Springer"...and it Skeptic Overlord"-owner as well...and has appeared on t.v. as well...under his own name.

No one pays me either...maybe YOURE the plant?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Thanks. Yeah it's just my mobile, it has a rubbish processor so maybe glitches because it's not equipped ti deal with unexpected spikes, PCs and high end mobiles may not glitch because the processors are better.

I'm here because i live to be educated by the things that churn my gut..In an excited adrenaline inducing shivers up the spine head tingling way, i cant help but question those that go against the gut feeling, it's an animal thing👌

And anyway if you were a hoity toity keeper of secrets that if exposed could destroy you, wouldn't you infiltrate a site such as this... Of course you would, well you would hire people ti do it.

....i would

edit on 9-12-2018 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I Imagine Global Warming is the Culprit .

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Even you said it's not the site cause it's not glitchy on all your own devices...just "mobile"...

Just so we have nice, clear info in such threads:

Experiencing an issue on a single device (mobile in this case) and not on another, absolutely does not mean that the site is not the source of the problem. Even if only a couple of users are having an issue, it may very well be the site (despite it working for everyone else).

Its one of the biggest issues in web design, and can be incredibly difficult to pin down such issues. This is why its so important for users experiencing issues to communicate them with as much info as can be provided, though that's not always possible.

I've been experiencing sporadic lag as well. Not particularly disruptive, and certainly not predictable, but its there. Been there for a while and it occasionally seems to coincide with browser updates.

On mobile chrome, using the desktop site.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I personally believe everything is infiltrated, every aspect of our lives. Interestingly....the tech world keeps coming up with talking Alexa's and Siris and car GPS, controls to monitors our homes, kids, etc...plus our social media, communication devices etc.

The world welcomes new tech...and in my opinion..? It's these that monitor everything we say, ask, watch, search, buy, listen to, read....nothing...no passwords, encripted communications, VPNs..nothing keeps us safe....only more and more vulnerable by comming up with new and convenient "gotta haves".

It's the wide diversity of devices, strengths, ability and purposes....that we encounter...by being convinced we need them....where others yell "I hate this site".....thanks, M.S.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Even you said it's not the site cause it's not glitchy on all your own devices...just "mobile"...

Just so we have nice, clear info in such threads:

Experiencing an issue on a single device (mobile in this case) and not on another, absolutely does not mean that the site is not the source of the problem. Even if only a couple of users are having an issue, it may very well be the site (despite it working for everyone else).

Its one of the biggest issues in web design, and can be incredibly difficult to pin down such issues. This is why its so important for users experiencing issues to communicate them with as much info as can be provided, though that's not always possible.

I've been experiencing sporadic lag as well. Not particularly disruptive, and certainly not predictable, but its there. Been there for a while and it occasionally seems to coincide with browser updates.

On mobile chrome, using the desktop site.

You said what I've been saying. "Its one of the biggest issues in web design, and can be incredibly difficult to pin down such issues."

Search Moderator ArMaP's responses above for an even better explanation..
Ex:
10 Ford Mustangs lined up....all run great....except 3. It's the individual car's faults or FoMoCo?

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This site has become unusable in many ways, at least for me. If I log in, it's become a norm for the site to drastically slow down, it doesn't always happen, but it usually does. I have to log out, go to preferences, clean out my cache, after doing this, the site usually comes back to normal operating speed, although I'm then logged out again, ughhh. There's times I'll have to do this over and over in order to post and navigate site with some resemblance of speed, total PIA logging in and out, cleaning cache, etc.....

It really sucks and has been going on for a long while now. I wish ATS would look into fixing the issue but not holding my breath. ATS tags the user hard, whether its adware, spyware or tracking it's become a pain to use this site. I don't even bother trying to log in and post via cell ph, it's glitch city.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join