It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Arrested for Forcibly Cutting Kids Hair in Class

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
this is what they used to do in the Native "Boarding" (assimilation schools)

"Boarding schools separated children from their families and tribal cultures and required conformity to Euro-American society. The boarding school experience thrust Native children into an unfamiliar environment. Children were abruptly taken from their families and homes and placed in government-run boarding schools around the country. Conversing in one’s Native language was strictly forbidden, and students were required to wear standard-issue Euro-American clothing.

Many students who arrived at the schools with long hair, which is spiritually symbolic for many Native cultures, received haircuts immediately following their arrival. Traditionally an act associated with special ceremonies, hair cutting became one of the most immediate and devastating experiences of boarding school life for American Indians. The wearing of long hair has served as a strong symbol of personal identity throughout the boarding school history."

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I understand why she was arrested, but I don't really think the mood in the classroom was that of fear.

You're probably right...

Why would anyone be afraid of a person with a pair of scissors, having a psychotic episode?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My 6th grade teacher had a breakdown around Christmas time. She'd alternate between screaming at us randomly or just crying at her desk for a few hours in the afternoon. That started around the end of October then when Christmas holidays finished and we came back. Her teaching assistant had become the new teacher.

Funny thing about that is...years later I found out the teacher that replaced her got arrested for having a relationship with a student sometime years later....thinking back on it...she'd always get us to line up and give her a high five at the end of the day before we could go home.....
edit on 7/12/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

The excerpt you posted says she "cut a HAIR off." How much did she actually snip? A singular hair is not a big deal.

Now unless there is some context we are missing, it's weird as as all get out, but I'm not sure ARRESTING ol' Teach is the best response. Psych eval is probably a better path to take.

A hair?

ETA: I watched the video of the haircut and so I take back everything I wrote. She cut three CHUNKS of hair from one student, and then she WENT AFTER one of the girls with long hair. YIKES!

She did sound like she might be drunk.

So now I don't think arresting her was crazy, but I am dying to know what happened after the video ends (it ends with the class all leaving the room, after she grabbed about ten inches of hair on a girl's head, wih the scissors poised).
Was she belligerent with the school officials (other teachers, the principal, etc, which is whom I am assuming must have come to get her?)? Clearly something is wrong with her. If she was belligerent with school officials then I suppose they had to call the police. I guess.

What happened after thhe students left her class?!!
edit on 7-12-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Yeah this was disturbing to watch. My bet is some kind of nervous breakdown or medication #up....

TDS.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Holy crap! Yeah, take them down. Remove weapon. Subdue. Then return to being normal once the armed psycho is not a problem.

If it just happened quickly and it's done with, no one was harmed, then leave. Return with authority.

edit on 12 7 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Yeah this was disturbing to watch. My bet is some kind of nervous breakdown or medication #up....

TDS.

Actually she was a republican and trump supporter.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

TDS.

www.facebook.com...

Don't see where it says shes a Republican. Does sharing a photo about police lives matter and a video of the racist Don Lemon automatically make her one?

ETA I don't see anything about Trump, but I do see a lot about family, schools, athletes etc.
edit on 7-12-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Some people really are determined to make this solely about politics based on her song choice aren't they? I'm more reminded of the gal from Christmas Vacation.

"Say the blessing!"

"I Pledge Allegiance, to the flag ..."

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
I wouldn't judge her just yet until some more background comes out. She totally looks to be in the middle of a mental breakdown or dissociative episode. No more teaching for her!

Losing a chunk of hair isn't the end of the world for the student and he'll have a great story for the years to come....as will his classmates.

Doing a Gieszinger will become the stuff of legend at the school lol. "Cool haircut bro! Gieszingered!!"

"Gieszingered" YES.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Some people really are determined to make this solely about politics based on her song choice aren't they? I'm more reminded of the gal from Christmas Vacation.

"Say the blessing!"

"I Pledge Allegiance, to the flag ..."

LOL, what a classic scene. The two definitely bear resemblance of each other.

The teacher certainly checked out that morning.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

It was at this very moment that this teacher realized that she f'd up, but being one that knows the show must go on, she didn't stop herself.

After the realization of "I think I took this to far" entered her fragile mind she knew why the epic saying, from a beloved character, of Robert Downy Jr. is so very, very true.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

TDS.

www.facebook.com...

That surprised me as well. I guess TDS has went as far as it can go in anti-trumpers, it seems to have breached the containment perimeter. At least the anti-trumpers will finally see the symptoms now.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

That same faulty argument can be used for anyone. We need to disarm the military too, and the police, and the citizens. Since anyone can have a breakdown or suffer from mental illness.

Then again the argument for teachers to have guns was NEVER for every teacher, only certain ones.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Which post in particular made you arrive at that conclusion?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Mental breakdown by the sounds of it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join