It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Prepares Mission to Land Spacecraft on Moon's Far Side

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
one has to wonder :

why would anyone want to " fake " the far side of the moon ?????????????????

i havve abandoned hope of getting a coherent answer from the trolls

but - the china mission - will generate terra-bytes of data

all of which will have to be compatible with all previous orbital data gathered from the far sisde - and consistent with the geological data from the near side too

if the data is " fake " - whats the point ??????????????

unless they claim to hae evidence of ET civilisation - it will not have any REAL effect of 99% of the planets population

so - why ???????????????

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Attention!

Enough of the Off Topic back and forth!

This thread is not about each other (which is ALWAYS Off Topic here on ATS).

The OP is about China landing on the far side of the Moon.

Return to the topic.

Do not reply to this post.

Dae

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Oh I hope they land somewhere near the really bright spot on the below map. It maps (on the far side) the deflection ratio of the incoming solar wind, something is there causing it!

More info

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Dae

although the anomoly /// mascon - whatever it is - is VERY interesting - i would be loathe to land my first probe there

what ever causes the solar winf deflect - may play havoc with coms , the probe OS etc

land the first one somewhere safe - that still has interesting things - ie one of the craters - that are utterly different to the near side

and get a grip on probe ops - on the far side - and then use that experience - to send a 2nd dedicated probe to inestigate the solar winf anomoly

just my opinions - YMMV

Dae

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You have a point! Maybe a future lander can take a stroll there.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dae
Oh I hope they land somewhere near the really bright spot on the below map. It maps (on the far side) the deflection ratio of the incoming solar wind, something is there causing it!

More info

From what I gather, this effect is caused by local magnetic fields under the crust. This eventually creates lunar swirls visible on the surface.

For swirls, the idea is that the magnetic field embedded in the rocks, weak as it might be, could still be strong enough to affect the incoming wind. If the field is aligned the right way, then the wind is deflected from one spot to another. The protected area stays bright while the impacted spot darkens.

I'll take a closer look at the surface over those locations.

[Edit] Confirmed, there are many beautiful lunar swirls there, visible on crater floors: QuickMap link

edit on 9-12-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This thing seems well endowed with camera equipment and that makes me wonder if we will ever see the photos that will surely be taken. Or will we get the hmmming and hawing that always happens ? Pictures please and some video would also be nice.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I hope they use better steel for their spacecraft than what they ship to the U.S..

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

It's on the dark side of the Moon. Night time. No light.

edit on 12/11/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not a whole lot of steel on spacecraft.
Weight considerations, don't you know. They try to use other stuff.

edit on 12/11/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

China have released all the photos from all their probes - they just take longer.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Well that's cool, but if there planing on carrying plant seeds and silkworm eggs, they may want to upgrade there camera equipment as well from last time.

This is one of the vids that came up in there jade rabbit rover moon landing in 2013. There was a few others vids on the net of the landing, but the best quality one had wind sound effects on it, go figure, and the others were really low rez and lasted seconds.

But ya, here's hoping from some more video, after all without pictures and video how will people prove that they went anywhere or that anything exists.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Ah...sarcasm.
Or "meta" as the kids say on reddit.

edit on 12/12/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Then they won't have to go into a room to develop their film.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heisenburg
Do you think they'll publicly announce it when they come across the ancient moon bases?

The communist party in China would never announce anything like that for fear the knowledge would liberate their citizen's minds to the point of rebellion. I doubt that would happen, but the communist party there are very afraid of these kinds of things to the point of utter ridiculousness. They don't like anything getting the big spotlight except themselves, and especially not anything that could empower the people and fill them with the strength of knowing those things exist, and when they knew that, they would make demands and not be so easily ordered around. .
edit on 12-12-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

WTF ????????????????

please coherently explain why the chinese will attempt to overthrow thier govt - based soley on them learing that an alien base exists on the moon ???????????

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
Bet THAT hasn't been thought of...

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Then they won't have to go into a room to develop their film.

Yeah, but when there planning to land (early January) most of the far side will be in daylight...So they better pick one of the parts still in darkness for developing their film prints.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join