It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cortez Saves Comedy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

A dozen or so head fry cooks just isn’t in the same league.

Fry cooks make more than waitresses, you know that right?
What league did you think she was in?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Star for you. That made me laugh. a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Fry cooks make more than waitresses, you know that right?

No they don't. Waitresses make bank in tips. And bartenders, which is what Cortez was, make more than waitresses.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The fact that you have to compare the three to defend her is hilarious.
That you don't get that is also hilarious.
Spongebobs job had more responsibility than the new savior of the dnc.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

small minded and vile

I normally reserve words like that for people who refuse to try to see the other side and have their hearts so full of hate that they will do anything, no matter how ridiculous, illegal, immoral, or otherwise despicable to get even with someone.

You know... like the DNC seems to do.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

small minded and vile

I normally reserve words like that for people who refuse to try to see the other side and have their hearts so full of hate that they will do anything, no matter how ridiculous, illegal, immoral, or otherwise despicable to get even with someone.

You know... like the President seems to do.

TheRedneck

FTFY

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Basically comedians who poke fun at trump suck is what I'm getting.
Is that about right?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No they don't. Waitresses make bank in tips. And bartenders, which is what Cortez was, make more than waitresses.

You do realize you're arguing over which position in a restaurant work crew is more capable of being an elected national representative, right?

Oh, that's the best laugh so far today... thank you for that!

Cortez, you've got competition here!

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You might wanna check that receiver then... you're not getting good reception.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, where insecure grumpy obese old hillbillies make fun of a successful young female who is better looking and has achieved more in life than any of those mocking her combined.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Is that about right?

Anyone who is against Trump is a shill, low iq, dumb, ugly and whatnot. You can find that kind of mentalityin kindergartens and ATS

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

So, to everyone complaining about how terrible conservatives are for mercilessly berating Cortez...

Who's complaining? She's like 1/100000th as meme worthy as doofus in chief. The best part is she couldn't outdo Trump in pure idiotic magnificence if she tried (but then again nobody could)

This is an incredible amount of dishonesty. She is the left's Trump.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Welcome to ATS, where insecure grumpy obese old hillbillies make fun of a successful young female who is better looking and has achieved more in life than any of those mocking her combined.

Irony: posting this on a site where every other new thread is nobodies--still angry over a 2 year old election--making fun of a billionaire president.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

So, to everyone complaining about how terrible conservatives are for mercilessly berating Cortez...

Who's complaining? She's like 1/100000th as meme worthy as doofus in chief. The best part is she couldn't outdo Trump in pure idiotic magnificence if she tried (but then again nobody could)

The only thing dishonest is your silly statement. You're gonna have to dredge the pits of your mind to come up with some tit-for-tat comparisons there boyo.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

insecure

Nah, not really. Pretty happy with my life.

grumpy

Yep! It's fun.

obese

150 pounds, 6' 2". When the hell did that get included in obese?

old

Yep! And proud of it, considering the alternative.

hillbillies

Nope! I'm a redneck, not a hillbilly. One redneck can whip 10 hillbillies (and of course, one hillbilly can whip 100 Yankees).

2 out of 5... 40%. You're just not very good at this are you?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You do realize you're arguing over which position in a restaurant work crew is more capable of being an elected national representative, right?

No I'm not. I'm talking about money, and who in restaurants make more money. Waitresses make more than the "cooks" and bartenders make more than the waitresses. Cortez was a bartender. Bartenders make good money, which is why it's understandable that Cortez had $20K in savings.

As far as what job qualifies one to run for office, it was pointed out by Cortez herself that many DC staffers have a second job working in food and beverage service. I don't know how many political staffers have ambitions to run for office, but you find all kinds of people working various jobs in restaurants, some of them may be qualified to run for office. Working in the food and beverage industry certainly doesn't disqualify a person.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

The only thing dishonest is your silly statement. You're gonna have to dredge the pits of your mind to come up with some tit-for-tat comparisons there boyo.

Every week there's a new gaffe from her. Even the left wing media covers them. You're in denial.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

a reply to: ErrorErrorError

insecure

Nah, not really. Pretty happy with my life.

grumpy

Yep! It's fun.

obese

150 pounds, 6' 2". When the hell did that get included in obese?

old

Yep! And proud of it, considering the alternative.

hillbillies

Nope! I'm a redneck, not a hillbilly. One redneck can whip 10 hillbillies (and of course, one hillbilly can whip 100 Yankees).

2 out of 5... 40%. You're just not very good at this are you?

TheRedneck

He was just told to think all of that. He has no idea what he's talking about.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
While talking to a Jewish group the other day, she claimed she is descended from Spanish Sephardic Jews.

Could very well be true (unlike Elizabeth Warren's NA claim).

👀💨

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

No I'm not. I'm talking about money, and who in restaurants make more money.

I really can't speak to that. I simply don't know. I do think that working at any capacity as an employee of a restaurant would have little bearing on experience applicable to national office, which is why I found the whole thing funny.

I know this much about restaurant employees: Cooks cook the food, waitresses being you the food, you're supposed to tip waitresses for good service, and bartenders mix drinks and listen to drunks crying about why they're getting drunk.

Oh, and I also know that drinking with a bartender present is one heck of a lot more expensive than drinking at home... which is why I drink at home. So you're probably right about bartenders.

As far as what job qualifies one to run for office, it was pointed out by Cortez herself that many DC staffers have a second job working in food and beverage service.

Yes, they probably do... but I wouldn't think that is for experience. It's likely for money.

Many internships are either low-pay or no-pay. It's a half-step up from doing volunteer work to get experience. Some internships pay for tuition as well; I do not know if these do or not. In any case, an internship is not, nor was it ever intended to be, a regular position. It's a chance to network and gain experience. If it paid this "living wage" Cortez thinks it should, why would anyone want to have anything except an internship? An intern does not have the responsibility of a full-time position (nor does it require as much ability).

Cortez' statement is one small leap away from saying that 7-year-olds should get a living wage for cleaning their room...

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join