It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cortez Saves Comedy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

I # TURDS with a higher IQ than her.!

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I used to have the album "Plain Brown Wrapper" by Redd Foxx... definitely NSFW, but dammit that man was funny!

If you ever get a chance, check out Richard Pryor too...

TheRedneck

Dude. We didn't have a basement, so I spent many, many ours in the 70s listening to Foxx and Pryor on vinyl with the volume turned way down low on one of those old briefcase-style turntables.

I would have my ear to the speaker, and the only trick was to make sure you didn't snicker loud enough for the parental units to hear. If you got caught, you would NEVER see THAT record again.

Ahhh, back when parenting was still good. I spent my single digit years in the 80's and had a couple of tapes I'd get under my bed and listen to real low. My ass would have been broke as quick as that tape if I'd been caught. What I would hide and listen to was 2 Live Crew. I specifically remember walking into the local Walmart with my mom and sister one time and a car passed by with "Hey We Want Some Pussy" up real loud and she pulled our heads against her leg and covered our ears (so one ear against her leg, one covered by her hand). Even at the age of 7 it was embarrassing but thinking back now, it's even more embarrassing lol. My mom was always the worry wart but as we grew up and got senses of humor, she really became a trooper because she would usually get the brunt of our jokes and has always taken it like a champ.

I know, hehe.

1976, bringing in the bicentennial.

What's a "2 live crew"?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So, in other words, you got nothing. Just your delusional beliefs.

The only difference, and I'll admit it's a huge (YUUUUGE) difference is that yours were done out of sheer hatred, while these memes are done out of comedy.

I see plenty of hatred, coming from you and your ilk, toward not just Cortez but toward all left leaning ATSers. Not just hatred, but ignorance, projection, fear, denial, deflection and desperation.

And, while you may think that mockery is funny, it's not clever and it doesn't rise to the level of "comedy" any more than watching guys get smashed in the balls on America's Funniest Videos rises to the level of comedy.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
She fits the Democratic mold perfectly.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I see plenty of hatred

We call that "projection." The hater sees hatred... wow!

And, while you may think that mockery is funny, it's not clever

Yeah... yeah it is.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Oh GAWD, the memes so far are hilarious!

Here's the one which made me bust out laughing at 3am...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

The only difference, and I'll admit it's a huge (YUUUUGE) difference is that yours were done out of sheer hatred, while these memes are done out of comedy.

We call that "projection." The hater sees hatred... wow!

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: MteWamp

I can imagine you and Redneck are going to have an aneurysm when she's president

LOL! I laughed harder at this comment than anything else on here so far! Comedy gold!

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

So, you would "like" to see this person president of the US, would you????

Would that make you happy?

ETA - That's a serious question.

edit on 12/9/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So, you would "like" to see this person president of the US, would you????

Would that make you happy?

ETA - That's a serious question.

I laughed at the insinuation that it would ever be possible that she could become President. Not a chance!

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Great save!!

Thanks!!! I was worried there for a moment!

Doesn't matter what party you're from; if that chick ever made POTUS not only would this country be doomed, the entire planet would be doomed as well. She's a straight-up IDIOT!

ETA - I don't have any real issue with her being elected by her idiotic constituents, we already know what their mentality is, her election messaged that madness to the world. But what will be really amusing is to watch the establishment elites from her own party hunt her down, and rip the flesh from her living bones, like a wounded baby deer fawn being pursued, mercilessly, by a pack of hungry timber wolves.

Now that will be entertaining indeed!

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I have two words. Bill Burr

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

We've been denied our comedy. All that is left in its place is hate, and hate is never funny.

Sure it is!
Hate is a big part of humanity, and all parts of humanity have humor.

Saying hate is never funny is no different to saying you can't joke about rape.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Hate is a big part of humanity, and all parts of humanity have humor.

That first statement may be true, but the second does not logically follow it. I can think of several aspects of humanity that are not humorous... death of a loved one. A natural disaster. War. There is no humor in those, at least not to me. Yet, they seem to be an integral part of the human experience.

Perhaps you mean you cannot see the difference between hatred and humor. If so, you have my pity. I can sit here and rag on Cortez all day long, posting memes that poke fun at her (lack of) intelligence, and still not hate her. I even found one that I posted with the statement that is was not funny, that it was instead just hateful.

That one actually made me stop laughing. Instead of laughing and happy, I became more introspective and sad for the one who made it. So much hate...

George Carlin was a comedic genius, especially during his early years, and he approached several different subjects with that genius. I never heard him hate on anyone during that time period. In later years, he lost some of his popularity, though, because he began to hate others over political views, and it came through clearly in his routines.

I'm truly sorry you seem to have trouble separating hatred from comedy. Please get well soon.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Archie Bunker was funny. MASH was funny. It's said that tragedy plus time equals comedy.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Archie was hilarious. But Archie Bunker was not a real figure... he was a caricature that poked fun at those who did hate others. That's what made me love the show. The stereotypes were amazingly funny. You had Edith, the dumb ditzy wife (who showed herself much smarter than Archie on several occasions); "Meathead," the young protest-happy ne'er-do-well (who still wound up being smarter than Archie); Gloria, the feminist daughter (who showed more humanity than Archie); even George Jefferson, the black man (who despite Archie's racism, managed to always one-up him). And of course, there was Archie himself, the "classic American" who thought he was the only real American by virtue of his gender and skin color... and was regularly showed to be wrong on all accounts.

They say comedy needs to contain a grain of truth... I think Archie Bunker proved that.

MASH was unique. I don't think there will ever be another show that can weave tragedy and comedy together like that. I still watch it from time to time, and I never know until I do whether it will make me laugh or cry... sometimes it does both.

Both those shows used stereotypes... both were funny. Neither was hateful. Comedians through the years have used stereotypes... Gilligan's Island, the Beverly Hillbillies, Hogan's Heroes, Jeff Dunham, Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy... and that's what Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has become. She opened her mouth at a time when so many were starving for comedy, without thinking and made herself into a stereotype. Political Correctness says we can't stereotype others... heck, Political Correctness would love it if I felt guilt every time I ate a watermelon... and it has sucked the fun out of life. That's the point I am trying to make here. The more someone tries to suck the fun out of living, the more the living will find fun in whatever presents itself.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Thank you for revealing just how small minded and vile rwnj’s are. Rotten right down to their evil souls. Anyway laugh on, she’s attained more than you and all the rest of the deplorables that post here combined. A dozen or so head fry cooks just isn’t in the same league.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
She fits the Democratic mold perfectly.

That is awesome!
A christmas gift that will keep on giving the whole year round.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join