It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cortez Saves Comedy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
You can always recognize butthurt when someone fails to apologize when confronted with the truth that they were wrong. They merely ignore it, like it did not exist. Like someone just did regarding memes not using her actual quotes....when I demonstrated at least one that I created which does use her own quotes from a twitter post.

Yeah, just keep doing this, it will pass.

Well uh thanks for telling us how upset I've made you....

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Wayfarer

Oh, hell no! You do not get to move the goalposts like that. You said we were making up things Cortez did not say and that such didn't happen with Trump. Now you want to change to "well, I didn't post those; someone else must have."

No.

You made a statement, now be adult enough to either back it up or admit you were wrong.

TheRedneck

Sorry Gramps, but the meme's of made-up Trump words you linked just aren't funny. We don't need to bastardize or molest Trump's actual words to make them humorous.

So it's up to you to decide who we can parody or satirize and who we can't. Got it.

Can you believe the arrogance of these people?

Uh oh, someone got butthurt.

Not quite, you're free to find whatever you think is funny, funny. I'm free to berate you for it as well. Isn't America grand?

lol now he has to pretend I'm butthurt. You really love to make things up to improve your mood don't you?

But yeah, you've literally been arguing that it's okay to lampoon Trump but it's wrong to make fun of Cortez and anyone who does is just projecting their own stupidity onto her, despite the fact she's displayed her own stupidity on multiple occasions. You live in a world of your own to protect yourself from scary orange man.

I dunno, you replied to it (because you're butthurt).

I don't need to lampoon Trump with made up words, because he does it enough on his own. The stuff I'd make up wouldn't be nearly as funny as the stuff he's actually said, (as Redneck showed earlier).

You tell yourself whatever you need to bud. That's a cute little defense mechanism you've got there. Reality just changes to whatever is easiest for you to accept. I gotta admit, that is damned convenient. We should all be so lucky.

You have now spent 3 posts trying to convince me and everyone else apparently that you're not Butthurt.....

Didn't even really talk about myself in the post prior to this. This guy simply cannot stick to reality. Making # up is the only thing he has left.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
You can always recognize butthurt when someone fails to apologize when confronted with the truth that they were wrong. They merely ignore it, like it did not exist. Like someone just did regarding memes not using her actual quotes....when I demonstrated at least one that I created which does use her own quotes from a twitter post.

Yeah, just keep doing this, it will pass.

Well uh thanks for telling us how upset I've made you....

Oh how cute....

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Nope.

Then your posts show you as not only a liar, but unwilling to admit your mistakes even when confronted with direct evidence.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The stuff I'd make up wouldn't be nearly as funny as the stuff he's actually said, (as Redneck showed earlier).

Excuse me? You have already admitted by your inability to provide links to where Trump said the things in those memes that they were not his words. Do not try to claim I support your falsehoods, or your political punditry.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Y'all mocked Hillary, Michelle, Huma, Maddow, Maxine and now Cortez based on their looks.
Coincidence?!
Nah.
You guys have some serious issues with women in power.

Oh, so you think I like Shumer, McCain, Beto, Obama, (Creepy Uncle Joe) Biden, Comey, McCabe, Strzok, and a host of other men who are corrupt?

I am not choosing who I 'like' based on gender like you are.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Y'all mocked Hillary, Michelle, Huma, Maddow, Maxine and now Cortez based on their looks.
Coincidence?!
Nah.
You guys have some serious issues with women in power.

Oh, so you think I like Shumer, McCain, Beto, Obama, (Creepy Uncle Joe) Biden, Comey, McCabe, Strzok, and a host of other men who are corrupt?

I am not choosing who I 'like' based on gender like you are.

TheRedneck

Don't forget about leftist heroes making fun of Melania's accent. I guess they hate all women and immigrants right?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Melania, Ivanka, Palin, Condoleeza Rice, Ann Coulter... I'm not sure how, but apparently being a woman doesn't make one a woman, because they seem to not see all women as women, even though they are women and self-identify as women, which I thought was a guarantee that they had to be treated like women even if they were men, which they are not...

Now I'm confused...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Nope.

Then your posts show you as not only a liar, but unwilling to admit your mistakes even when confronted with direct evidence.

TheRedneck

Oh boo hoo for you! Sounds like you're upset because I'm using Trumpism against you, THE SHOCK!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Do not try to claim I support your falsehoods, or your political punditry.

TheRedneck

If the shoe fits....

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Oh, hell no! You do not get to move the goalposts like that. You said we were making up things Cortez did not say and that such didn't happen with Trump. Now you want to change to "well, I didn't post those; someone else must have."

No.

You made a statement, now be adult enough to either back it up or admit you were wrong.

TheRedneck

Sorry Gramps, but the meme's of made-up Trump words you linked just aren't funny. We don't need to bastardize or molest Trump's actual words to make them humorous.

So it's up to you to decide who we can parody or satirize and who we can't. Got it.

Can you believe the arrogance of these people?

Uh oh, someone got butthurt.

Not quite, you're free to find whatever you think is funny, funny. I'm free to berate you for it as well. Isn't America grand?

lol now he has to pretend I'm butthurt. You really love to make things up to improve your mood don't you?

But yeah, you've literally been arguing that it's okay to lampoon Trump but it's wrong to make fun of Cortez and anyone who does is just projecting their own stupidity onto her, despite the fact she's displayed her own stupidity on multiple occasions. You live in a world of your own to protect yourself from scary orange man.

I dunno, you replied to it (because you're butthurt).

I don't need to lampoon Trump with made up words, because he does it enough on his own. The stuff I'd make up wouldn't be nearly as funny as the stuff he's actually said, (as Redneck showed earlier).

You tell yourself whatever you need to bud. That's a cute little defense mechanism you've got there. Reality just changes to whatever is easiest for you to accept. I gotta admit, that is damned convenient. We should all be so lucky.

You have now spent 3 posts trying to convince me and everyone else apparently that you're not Butthurt.....

This guy simply cannot stick to reality. Making # up is the only thing he has left.

C'mon, if you really believed this then your next step logically would be to vote Wayfarer for president....

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Dan Quayle misspelled potato one time and he was labeled an idiot for the remainder of his political career. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez gets a different civics question wrong every week and somehow it's wrong to label her the same way...
Tim Young

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The thing about Cortez: Her ideas on how to "fix" things are terrible. But her observations on what is broken are so spot on it almost makes me want to cheer for her.

If she could close the gap between theory and reality she could be fantastic. That said, most of us can see what is wrong without issue and don't need her to point it out. But she is one of the few in her position who will actually talk about some oft he stuff she is talking about.

All that aside, i'd say her contributions to the national dialogue are important. She may be a moron, she may be a savior...but for now im just happy that she has changed the dialogue to some degree.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

If the shoe fits...

The shoe does not fit.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Actually, Dan Quayle didn't even misspell "potato." He spelled it "potatoe," which is a recognized (although obscure) alternate spelling. It was no different than someone in England misspelling "color" as "colour."

The rest of your post is spot on.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The thing about Cortez: Her ideas on how to "fix" things are terrible. But her observations on what is broken are so spot on it almost makes me want to cheer for her.

I would point out that the solution to a problem is at least as important as recognition of the problem in the first place. If the problem were that my house was on fire, a "solution" to douse it with gasoline would certainly not be considered an improvement.

Unlike those who are constantly trying to equate their hatred for Trump with the laughter surrounding Cortez, I do not want the object of my jokes to fail. I have no interest in seeing Cortez impeached or in any way removed from office. I would actually oppose, vehemently, any attempt to so in any but the most extreme cases of sedition or similar serious crimes (which she has not committed to my knowledge). I want no investigations into her life. I want nothing at all to happen to her. The citizens of New York voted her in as their choice to be a leader; our way is to respect that choice.

Unless the leader is named Donald Trump of course. But I digress...

If she could close the gap between theory and reality she could be fantastic. That said, most of us can see what is wrong without issue and don't need her to point it out.

That's a pretty big 'if.'

As you point out, the easy part is seeing the issues that need to be addressed. The hard part is coming up with a workable idea, within the framework of established law, to correct them. That's what the country needs IMO, not just someone who can point out what others already know. Indeed, she tends to often point out things that are not even an issue, only seem like it from afar.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

(Memes are welcome, btw.
)

TheRedneck

With everything off limits thank God we still have Cortez and Rednecks to joke about as they have saved the extinction of the straight white male comedians...lol

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Well we ALL can see it, but people keep voting those back into office over and over for decades that keep doing the status quo of nothing. How the hell can Congress have a approval rating in the teens most of the time and still have the same people elected for DECADES!!

So the answer is elect a communist bartender...lol People are so stupid...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Mainstream comedy has a long history of purposefully "putting words in the mouth of" (or actions in the narrative of) conservatives.

Dana Carvey and his impression of bush 41: "Wouldn't be prudent." Bush never said that; Carvey freely admits he made it up, because he wanted to tie "prude" to bush. Early stages of the culture war.

Norm McDonald used to do a hell of a Dole impression, particularly mocking his clutching a pen. Even knowing that Dole had a combat injury from WWII that made that hand clutch, and it was painful for dole without an object in the hand to provide resistance to his fist.

Bush's malapropisms were probably some of the first actual memes. Obama had a few, but they were never repeated by the MSM.

Palin never said "I can see Russia from my house!" Tina Fey did that, as a Saturday Night Live cold open. Repeatedly, and it had an impact on the public perception of Palin.

Palin was also portrayed as "the Naughty Librarian-type" (Craig Ferguson). Mocking a liberal female politician's sexuality would be totally off limits, and would end the mocker's career.

It's funny how much better use that the RIGHT has made of memes, than the LEFT. I think it's partly because they reduce the joke to "just the punchline." It is a lot harder to censor a single frame, than a long, complex rant that goes over multiple posts.

The fact that trump is cartoonish, and is portrayed cartoonishly by the left, lends him to the Meme format. Meme's never really worked on Obama, because he wasn't cartoony in the same way. Interestingly, it was Single frame political cartoons on the editorial page of paper newspapers that brought down the wrath of Barack on the media. One cartoonist always drew Obama with big ears, since that was the president's only remarkable physical characteristic (besides his melanin levels, which were not to be mocked). The story is that Obama was HUGELY offended, and the papers told that cartoonist that he was racist for portraying our Black president as a monkey, I read an essay by the cartoonist about what it did to his career, and the syndicate that published his drawings. And he was an Obama supporter.

So yeah. Bitch about the way the new girl gets treated. Maybe the alt-alt middle will treat her with deference and respect until she can burnish the image she presents to the internet.

And then you woke up.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Why? because the majority among us are morons.

Are you on social media? Do you not see the stuff people you otherwise thought of average intelligence say? I've become so annoyed by how stupid people in general are that I don't really interact with anyone anymore. Its just less stress, and I'd rather spend my time in endeavors that enrich me. Talking with morons doesn't do anything but enrich them.

its real simple: get folks with audiences to promote your message, and the idiots amongst them will guide the outcome of elections.

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join