It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cortez Saves Comedy

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Oh, hell no! You do not get to move the goalposts like that. You said we were making up things Cortez did not say and that such didn't happen with Trump. Now you want to change to "well, I didn't post those; someone else must have."

No.

You made a statement, now be adult enough to either back it up or admit you were wrong.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Oh, hell no! You do not get to move the goalposts like that. You said we were making up things Cortez did not say and that such didn't happen with Trump. Now you want to change to "well, I didn't post those; someone else must have."

No.

You made a statement, now be adult enough to either back it up or admit you were wrong.

TheRedneck

Sorry Gramps, but the meme's of made-up Trump words you linked just aren't funny. We don't need to bastardize or molest Trump's actual words to make them humorous.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: TheRedneck

Are these people the funny police now?
They decide what is funny and what is not?

Pffft
they wouldn't know funny if it bit them on the keister

They really do think it's up to them to decide what's funny, what's reasonable. They're just sooooo smart. They really can't see how that kind of power could backfire.

These are the same people who think government should have power over almost every aspect of our lives, not realizing that the government might be run by people they don't like from time to time. Geniuses, aren't they?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

No.

TheRedneck

Sorry Gramps, but the meme's of made-up Trump words you linked just aren't funny. We don't need to bastardize or molest Trump's actual words to make them humorous.

So it's up to you to decide who we can parody or satirize and who we can't. Got it.

Can you believe the arrogance of these people?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

In the first place, that term of endearment is reserved for grandchildren. I am not your "Gramps."

With that out of the way, I agree they are not funny... OK, maybe the one about the showers would be if it hadn't been used as an actual attempt to harm his Presidency... but that's not the issue. The issue is that I do not remember you making the same claim about these type of memes being used against Trump, but now suddenly they are some terrible affront because similar memes are being used against someone you like.

Now, again, either back up your statement or retract it.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Hey man, I think these are plenty funny

Just for different reasons that you.

I think they are funny as well
imagine that

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

They really do think it's up to them to decide what's funny, what's reasonable.

That is pretty sick.
And they wonder how trump got into office.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

In the first place, that term of endearment is reserved for grandchildren. I am not your "Gramps."

With that out of the way, I agree they are not funny... OK, maybe the one about the showers would be if it hadn't been used as an actual attempt to harm his Presidency... but that's not the issue. The issue is that I do not remember you making the same claim about these type of memes being used against Trump, but now suddenly they are some terrible affront because similar memes are being used against someone you like.

TheRedneck

You really can't hold leftists to absurd standards like making a logically consistent argument. It's not fair.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Is this really what this what America whats, Meme Wars - A New Hope, maybe Part II

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

No.

TheRedneck

So it's up to you to decide who we can parody or satirize and who we can't. Got it.

Can you believe the arrogance of these people?

Uh oh, someone got butthurt.

Not quite, you're free to find whatever you think is funny, funny. I'm free to berate you for it as well. Isn't America grand?

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Nope. If you're going to attempt to use my exact wording as a 'gotcha', then you're going to have to play the game by exacting measures. I said 'Funny', of which what you posited (and concurrently admitted to) isn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join