It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Hart Out as Oscar Host After Refusing to Apologize for Tweets

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Damnit did someone feed it after midnight AGAIN?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

It points out the hypocrisy of both sides. There were at least a few people on here that felt Gunn should be investigated for pedophilia for his jokes. I wonder why those same people didn't feel that Roseanne needed to be investigated for hate crimes?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
People still watch the Oscars? They are incredibly boring. Who wants to watch people get rewards for acting? Why aren't there award shows for people accomplishing things that better human kind? New inventions, or anything else...?

Seriously, who gives a **** about the Oscars.... Nothing but celebrities basking in their undeserved glory.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
lol

raise yo hand if you never said some #ed up #.

if you raised your hand.

Slap yoself.
edit on 7-12-2018 by Lysergic because: ehhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
People still watch the Oscars? They are incredibly boring. Who wants to watch people get rewards for acting? Why aren't there award shows for people accomplishing things that better human kind? New inventions, or anything else...?

Seriously, who gives a **** about the Oscars.... Nothing but celebrities basking in their undeserved glory.

I with you broh, so dont gaf about retard award shows for other retards.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Rewey

It points out the hypocrisy of both sides. There were at least a few people on here that felt Gunn should be investigated for pedophilia for his jokes. I wonder why those same people didn't feel that Roseanne needed to be investigated for hate crimes?

Hang on, was Gunn the one who made the movie of himself raping a baby doll? Or gave I mixed that up with someone else?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey
a reply to: notsure1

Now this is a movement I can get behind. I hope it spreads.

Hashtag ideas anyone?

#nocleanclosets
#outragefatigue

Got it. What about...

#triggerhappy...?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter
Liberals have killed comedy.

Congratulations....

I do see a lot of liberals making an a## of themselves trying shove some crap down our throats. But lots of tv shows are taking the power back. And have been for awhile.

If you would like I can provide a list of shows for ya.
I myself rarely watch stand up anymore but I do watch a lot of shows.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What I don’t get is that since he did apologize what in the world do they want.

Him to grovel maybe.

Or does he have to do an official public apology?

What is that?

I just hope his career doesn't suffer

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

But this is how things work in Liberal World. Isn't that what you want?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Kevin hart is probably the biggest comic out there when it comes to selling out huge amounts of seats. Not to forget, he does tons of movies.

I'm sure he'll be fine.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

His rein was kinda short...

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

He added, “I chose to pass on the apology. The reason why I passed is I’ve addressed this several times. . . . I’ve said where the rights and wrongs were. I’ve said who I am now versus who I was then. I’ve done it. I’ve done it. I’m not going to continue to go back.

Then does another apology. Nothing wrong but that seems to contradict his first statement. It won't affect the world much anyway.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

ho wants to watch people get rewards for acting? Why aren't there award shows for people accomplishing things that better human kind?

No kidding. People who may make a real difference in the world. I know, to boring for the uninformed public, so no commercial money to be made.
edit on 12/7/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Kevin hart is probably the biggest comic out there when it comes to selling out huge amounts of seats. Not to forget, he does tons of movies.
I'm sure he'll be fine.

Louis C.K. was doing pretty good there for a while, too. Critically acclaimed TV series, movies, sold out concerts. Now look at him. Oh, that's right. Unless you go see him in a small New York club, you can't.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Scrap this. He has decided to apologize on twitter to the LGBTQLMNOP community.

NO balls.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zeta Reticuli

Scrap this. He has decided to apologize on twitter to the LGBTQLMNOP community.

NO balls.

Buckled...Not surprised.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm not a huge fan of his but glad he chose to take a stand. We shouldn't need to apologize for every little thing whether someone gets offended or not.

It is getting to the point that no one will want to express an opinion or even tell an off color joke for fear that it might offend someone. It is even worse nowadays because social media archives almost everything we do and often times the context of the original conversation is missing.

I had to go look up what he said that had the LBGT community so outraged. Most straight guys are going to freak out if their son's start playing with doll houses. I'm keeping it 100.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I'm sure he'll be fine.

Maybe, I hope so but...
Isaiah Washington, Former Grey’s Anatomy Actor was ruined over similar events.
www.usmagazine.com...

Hollywood will punish you

Now, don’t get me wrong I’m all for NOT slurring gays or any group but people should be forgiven for past mistakes and shouldn’t be forced to grovel

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have to agree here. Given the fact that he already apologized, I do not see why he would have to pander to the Oscars by doing it again. Can I also add that it is likely the Oscars do not give two craps about the LBGTQ community, and likely were only making him apologize just in case they lost viewers to what he said 10 years ago. It was never about what he said to them. Its just about money and viewers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join