It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Hart Out as Oscar Host After Refusing to Apologize for Tweets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Finally a celebrity with some balls /. I knew I liked kevin hart .

He has decided to remove himself from hosting the oscars after they wanted him to apologize for insensitive tweets from 10 years ago about the LBGQT RDFE community.

OMG you mean a comedian made some jokes . THE HORROR.

He added, “I chose to pass on the apology. The reason why I passed is I’ve addressed this several times. . . . I’ve said where the rights and wrongs were. I’ve said who I am now versus who I was then. I’ve done it. I’ve done it. I’m not going to continue to go back. . . . We feed on Internet trolls and we reward them. I’m not going to do it, man. I’m going to be me. I’m going to stand my ground. Regardless Academy, I’m thankful and appreciative of the opportunity. If it goes away, no harm, no foul.”

Then in an act of pure class he tweets an apology but still doesnt want to host the show.

I'm sorry that I hurt people.. I am evolving and want to continue to do so. My goal is to bring people together not tear us apart. Much love & appreciation to the Academy. I hope we can meet again.

I hope they cant find anyone to host it now.

I mean who's closets are that clean that they want this BS scrutiny?

When did we get the idea that we had the right to not be offended and everyone has to apologize for everything they did 10 years ago on twitter?

Grow a backbone people.

www.vanityfair.com...
edit on 7-12-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Go Kevin Hart!
I was just reading about this a few minutes ago. And Kevin made them his bitc#.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
What he did, everyone needs to do. I never liked his comedy really but I do admire this.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
What he did, everyone needs to do. I never liked his comedy really but I do admire this.

His early stand is super funny but lacks in his newer ones. And his acting is really good.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

His early stand is super funny but lacks in his newer ones. And his acting is really good.

He is my sister's favorite comedian. She raves on and on about him. I just sort of don't get his schtick I guess. I mean it isn't bad or anything, I just have never really had a good deep laugh because of the guy. Maybe I should give him another try. Any standup you recommend? I value those more than comedy movies.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Look the acronym grew again! It will consume us all!

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
He still kind of caved in the end.

Not surprising. You're really screwed either way in the modern age.

Guilt is tried in the court of public opinion/outrage now and exhibit A is your social media history. Can't say I feel bad, people dove in and this is what you get when you let the lunatics run the asylum.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Finally a celebrity with some balls /. I knew I liked kevin hart .

I felt like this needed repeating.

Great thread, 100% agree.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
He still kind of caved in the end.

Not surprising. You're really screwed either way in the modern age.

Guilt is tried in the court of public opinion/outrage now and exhibit A is your social media history. Can't say I feel bad, people dove in and this is what you get when you let the lunatics run the asylum.

I dont think it was caving.

Like you said he was stuck. But this was the best possible way to handle it IMO.

Say screw you I dont want the job, But I never intended to offend anyone and for that I do apologize.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

He is my sister's favorite comedian. She raves on and on about him. I just sort of don't get his schtick I guess. I mean it isn't bad or anything, I just have never really had a good deep laugh because of the guy. Maybe I should give him another try. Any standup you recommend? I value those more than comedy movies.

He had a stand up series on Comedy Central in 2010 I think is the year. Honestly around then was his best years for stand up. But his interactions with Dwayne Johnson are funny as hell too.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

He had a stand up series on Comedy Central in 2010 I think is the year. Honestly around then was his best years for stand up. But his interactions with Dwayne Johnson are funny as hell too.
I love the movie "The Wedding ringer"

It just cracks me up when Im in the right state of mind.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Liberals have killed comedy.

Congratulations....

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter
Liberals have killed comedy.

Congratulations....

If only carlin were still alive. This would kill him lol.

But man he would make an epic rant about it.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Now this is a movement I can get behind. I hope it spreads.

Hashtag ideas anyone?

#nocleanclosets
#outragefatigue

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Funny how this site had no tolerance for James Gunns' jokes from over a decade ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I have never been affiliated with any political party but wow do I hate these effin far left liberals almost more than I hate the far right cons. Our society is turning into such pansies!

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I'm a big fan of Kevin Hart and how he handled the latest flurry of angry tweets from the army of twitter.

No one HAS to apologize for anything. But the fact that it's an old tweet from a comedian makes it all the worse.

Who watches the Oscars, anyway?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Funny how this site had no tolerance for James Gunns' jokes from over a decade ago.

Funny how you didnt mention Roseanne.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The members of this site supported her. Thanks for helping my point.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

No one genuinely cared about James Gunns' jokes. It was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the left. Surprised you didn't pick that up.

Which is exactly what this Hart situation is proving YET AGAIN...
edit on 7-12-2018 by Rewey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join