It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ever happened to those middle class tax cuts twittler promised?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Trump intentionally has created a bigger swamp. The old bait and switch BS.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Propagandalf

He rewarded the elites far more than the average worker. You do realize that don't you? The temporary cut for you and ne was nothing more than a way to make the permanent cut for the bribers more palatable. Why couldn't Trump have just given a tax cut for us and not the already obscenely wealthy? Was that impossible? If so, why?

Trump rewarded the very same swamp that he promised to drain. Make sense of that.

Why not give a tax cut to everyone, and not just those you prefer? The corporate tax rates in the US were already higher than all advanced nations, and almost all nations in the history of the earth.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Oh those poor corporations and their billion dollar profit margins! Woe are they!

Obviously they aren't hurting all that much seeing as they pay our politicians huge sums of money to lie to us. You realize they are the same ones who wrote the bill, right?

I don't buy their crocodile tears, sorry if you do. You may as well be buying snake oil.
edit on 12/7/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Oh those poor corporations and their billion dollar profit margins! Woe are they!

Obviously they aren't hurting all that much seeing as they pay our politicians huge sums of money to lie to us. You realize they are the same ones who wrote the bill, right?

I don't buy their crocodile tears, sorry if you do. You may as well be buying snake oil.

Yes, your plan of taxing the rich and high corporate taxes didn't work at all. Now you're angry they are trying the opposite. Snake oil indeed.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

That's because they own our politicians. Draining the swamp is another way of saying getting money out of politics. Trump just stuffed it even fuller, he has done the complete opposite of what he promised by giving corporations that permanent tax break.

Why not give us the permanent tax break instead of his buddies who bribe our politicians? Why did Trump have their spokesman David Bossie as his campaign manager? Bossie fought for their "right" to bribe our politicians.

Wake up, Trump is one of them through and through. They have sure convinced you otherwise. You've already bought and drank the snake oil my friend. Stop letting the media manipulate how you think.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

When you elect part of the globalist-corporatocracy as president, you get (even more) laws that reflect that. The sad part of all of this is that he somehow convinced a bunch of angry white old dudes (through pretty emotion-bating) that he's a man of the people, that they are victims and only he can save them. It's a sad scene.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Stop letting the media manipulate how you think.

Yes, I know all the highly favorable coverage of Trump 24/7 sure did make me like him. They just brainwashed me with all the praise they heaped on him.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

That's because they own our politicians. Draining the swamp is another way of saying getting money out of politics. Trump just stuffed it even fuller, he has done the complete opposite of what he promised by giving corporations that permanent tax break.

Why not give us the permanent tax break instead of his buddies who bribe our politicians? Why did Trump have their spokesman David Bossie as his campaign manager? Bossie fought for their "right" to bribe our politicians.

Wake up, Trump is one of them through and through. They have sure convinced you otherwise. You've already bought and drank the snake oil my friend. Stop letting the media manipulate how you think.

Bribery is a crime, so I don't know what you're on about.

What have I said that resembles what the media says? Nothing. In fact, the media says the exact same as you.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

The dumb as a box of rocks election of Democrats to the House happened. Once again, Democrats' existing costs Americans a ton of money. Sad.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Reverse psychology. They've been planting the seed of distrusting the mainstream media for years now, I saw it firsthand with my mom years before Trump announced his run.

Not that you should trust them, you shouldn't, but that doesn't automatically mean you should trust Trump either. They know that a segment of the population doesn't trust them, that's exactly why they have been so blatantly biased against Trump, moreso than any president before, that's because they know it will drive people to trust him simply because they make him look anti-establishment with their rhetoric.

Trump gave the elites everything they wanted with that tax break, it just so happens he gave the average person a pittance in comparison to excuse it and justify it.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

So CNN says that they are propaganda and that no one should trust their motives? Please point me to a soundbite where they say that. I'll be waiting, take your time.

Ever heard of reverse psychology? They know you don't trust them, that's exactly why they are so blatant with their negative coverage, because they need Trump to look anti-establishment.

He is anything but which is exactly why he gave the establishment their permanent tax break and had their spokesperson as his campaign manager.

You guys seem too gloss over the fact that the guy who fought for the establishment's right to ("legally") bribe our politicians was Trump's campaign manager. He got the establishment exactly what they wanted, more money and therefore more power.

Funny how one of Trump's biggest campaign slogans was the fact he couldn't be bought. Why exactly did he have David Bossie as his manager? Ponder that contradiction for a little while.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So CNN says that they are propaganda and that no one should trust their motives? Please point me to a soundbite where they say that. I'll be waiting, take your time.

What? I never mentioned CNN.

Ever heard of reverse psychology? They know you don't trust them, that's exactly why they are so blatant with their negative coverage, because they need Trump to look anti-establishment.

He is anything but which is exactly why he gave the establishment their permanent tax break and had their spokesperson as his campaign manager.

You guys seem too gloss over the fact that the guy who fought for the establishment's right to ("legally") bribe our politicians was Trump's campaign manager. He got the establishment exactly what they wanted, more money and therefore more power.

Funny how one of Trump's biggest campaign slogans was the fact he couldn't be bought. Why exactly did he have David Bossie as his manager? Ponder that contradiction for a little while.

Are you speaking of the Citizens United case, that was ruled unconstitutional by the highest court in the land? You keep saying "bribe", which is double-speak, so I'm having trouble understanding what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

We all know who you were thinking of. Regardless of whether it's CNN, MSNBC, whatever.

Citizens United won the case. David Bossie was a huge part of that. I guess you decided not to ponder the contradiction. I should have known.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

We all know who you were thinking of. Regardless of whether it's CNN, MSNBC, whatever.

No, you don't.

Citizens United won the case. David Bossie was a huge part of that. I guess you decided not to ponder the contradiction. I should have known.

Because it violated the constitution, something you refuse to mention.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Ah ok, well replace CNN with whatever media you were thinking of.

A corporation is not a person regardless of what the decision says. Are you sitting here telling me that corporations paying our politicians for political and economic favors is a good thing? It sounds like it.

I see your posts are getting shorter and shorter. I wonder why?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Ah ok, well replace CNN with whatever media you were thinking of.

A corporation is not a person regardless of what the decision says. Are you sitting here telling me that corporations paying our politicians for political and economic favors is a good thing? It sounds like it.

I see your posts are getting shorter and shorter. I wonder why?

I'm not sure you know what the citizens united case was about.

The FEC's treatment of Citizens United was ruled unconstitutional. Do you know what that means? The decision was supported by the American Civil Liberties Association.

You're just repeating the Democratic Party line. You're repeating Obama.
edit on 7-12-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

So you now trust government agencies? When did this happen? It's almost as if you pick and choose when you do or don't trust them.

You realize that Citizens United gives corporations more of a voice than the majority of people or representatives are actually supposed to represent? Why are you defending a decision that was made under Obama's watch?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

So you now trust government agencies? When did this happen? It's almost as if you pick and choose when you do or don't trust them.

You realize that Citizens United gives corporations more of a voice than the majority of people or representatives are actually supposed to represent? Why are you defending a decision that was made under Obama's watch?

Yes, corporations can now spend money on political advertising. No, their money does not go directly to politicians, as "legal bribes" as you pretend they are, but go towards advertising. Welcome to free speech and =the government shall make no law abridging it.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

So the corporations get no benefits from siphoning millions of dollars into political campaigns? Hmmm... makes you wonder why they put so much effort into fighting for their "right" to make money "free speech", doesn't it?

You do realize that money doesn't literally talk, right? Money has nothing to do with free speech regardless of what the ruling says.

I never thought I'd see the day where Citizens United was defended on ATS. That's what partisanship does though, it makes you defend your party no matter what even if it is corruption on the table.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Yeah, still waiting for this glorious tax cut to come to fruition in our house. There has quite blatantly been zero noticeable change to the tax withholding on hubby's paychecks. Notice I said "noticeable". I'm sure if I crunch numbers, we might be keeping a dollar or two more at best.

Wow, what a generous break. So tiny, you don't even notice it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join