It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ever happened to those middle class tax cuts twittler promised?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Hate to be this way, but I will never read a WT article. They have been caught lying so many times I refuse to even consider them as an option.

I just have to applaud the Freudian slip in this post. The Washington Times has been caught lying so many times and yet people on this site continue to use them as a legitimate source.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Where is my $2500 savings obama promised me on my health care premiums?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

those lies don't matter
only orange lies matter

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

They were like the Auto BailOuts... The monies given as Bonuses and Raises to those who drove the companies into the toilet w/their own greed...

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Where's my doctor he said I could keep period?

😀

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Hate to be this way, but I will never read a WT article. They have been caught lying so many times I refuse to even consider them as an option.

I just have to applaud the Freudian slip in this post. The Washington Times has been caught lying so many times and yet people on this site continue to use them as a legitimate source.

Not sure how that is a Freudian slip. Other people can do what they want in regard to sources. Not anything I am worried about.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

One word... Veto

Oh perhaps you should watch the video.....congress has to present a bill. With out the bill there is nothing for the potus to do with any legislation. Oh and congress can override a veto, little known civics fact for you there granny. Congress has the legislative power.

Wow, what an ugly comment. How dare you present facts like that!

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The OP used Washington Post as a source. Your post used the initials WT (Washington Times, a completely different media outlet). Excuse me if that comes off as a Freudian slip.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I guess, I was just typing and not looking. Could be a psuedo Freudian slip but not a clear cut Freudian slip. That would need some sort of sexual thought to go along with it.

See, I can be autistic as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul
That's not the discussion taking place here though, please don't change the subject (derp, its a rules violation, someone might report you).

The discussion is that trump promised a tax cut to the middle class and never delivered.

I'm middle class and I got a tax cut. What are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You guys whined about a wall not being up within 6 weeks of this guy taking office and called him liar because it wasn't up. You had patience for 8 years under the last guy when not a single promise was kept, but you lose your remaining brain cells when Trump doesn't have a wall within 6 weeks. Lighten up and be consistent.

Deflection.

Point of OP is that the president keeps lieing to you and you eat it up. Why aren't you holding him to a higher standard? Your side is draining something, but its IQ not swamp.

Ah, deflection, of course. Anytime the left's hypocrisy is exposed, you guys cry about deflection while it's you yourself who are deflecting. You bring up some non credible story about the man you tragically obsess over and when nobody believes you, you cry deflection. And you think people aren't onto your game.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Sillyolme

One word... Veto

Oh perhaps you should watch the video.....congress has to present a bill. With out the bill there is nothing for the potus to do with any legislation. Oh and congress can override a veto, little known civics fact for you there granny. Congress has the legislative power.

He was lieing to manipulate, or he's super dumb.

It's lying. Not lieing. Super dumb?

*chortle*

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

(and by extension your "team" is lead by an idiot).

Look admitting you were wrong is the first step to not being dumb.

Deny ignorance!

Peace!

*led.

Methinks you should stop calling everyone else dumb for not calling the president a liar after a tax cut he promised last month.

A real liar would promise something like, say, lower premiums on health insurance, that get lower each year, and tell you that you'll keep your doctor if you like your doctor, yet premiums have continued to rise every year and millions of people didn't get to keep their doctor. But I guess you'll tell me I'm deflecting since I exposed more of your hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

originally posted by: Propagandalf

originally posted by: LSU2018

You guys whined about a wall not being up within 6 weeks of this guy taking office and called him liar because it wasn't up. You had patience for 8 years under the last guy when not a single promise was kept, but you lose your remaining brain cells when Trump doesn't have a wall within 6 weeks. Lighten up and be consistent.

Deflection.

Point of OP is that the president keeps lieing to you and you eat it up. Why aren't you holding him to a higher standard? Your side is draining something, but its IQ not swamp.

You have high standards for politicians when it comes to truth? That isn’t naive at all.

You're deflecting again. This isn't about standards, its about a bald faced lie.

But yes, I do have high standards. Bet you think I love hillary and barry?

How do you know it’s a lie? The president asked Treasury officials and Republican lawmakers to focus on developing a middle-class tax plan.

You don’t know it is a lie. So you’re lying.

Because this is the mentality we're dealing with here.

whargoul: New studies by Yale scientists show the sky is green.
You: The sky is not green.
whargoul: Deflection!

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
What middle class tax cuts? I remember him lowering the corporate tax rate, and he did.

The better question is where are our wage increases? Our nice manufacturing jobs? Our job market is still driven by crap minimum wage jobs.

Middle-class income rose above $61,000 for the first time last year, U.S. Census Bureau says

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

So you support the democrats raising taxes on the middle class while claiming only to raise taxes on the rich.

Pick your poison

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

He was lieing to manipulate, or he's super dumb.

Oh Whar, and you were doing so well. In this case it's not either/or, it's both.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
ATS: "Yay, I got a 3% tax cut that's temporary! Thanks Trump!"

The ultra-rich elites: "Suckers, we got a permanent tax cut of a trillion dollars! Thanks for the extra bribing money Trump! We send our regards to your campaign manager Bossie."

You guys are so gullible. The temporary crumbs you were rewarded was only to make you ignore the fact that Trump just gave those bribing our politicians an even bigger reward, infinitely bigger.

Keep scraping the bottom of the barrel for your "savings" guys. Lol.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
ATS: "Yay, I got a 3% tax cut that's temporary! Thanks Trump!"

The ultra-rich elites: "Suckers, we got a permanent tax cut of a trillion dollars! Thanks for the extra bribing money Trump! We send our regards to your campaign manager Bossie."

You guys are so gullible. The temporary crumbs you were rewarded was only to make you ignore the fact that Trump just gave those bribing our politicians an even bigger reward, infinitely bigger.

Keep scraping the bottom of the barrel for your "savings" guys. Lol.

Crumbs eh? That's the same word nancy pelosi, leader of the opposition, used to describe them. It's not surprising you'd use the same word.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

and then the pres can veto..... why are you arguing basic civics dude...
then it goes back to congress, and it starts all over again....
some bills never see the light of day. Most or we'd be overrun with even more laws.

If I say black you'll say white.

Im not anyones grandmother.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join