It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ever happened to those middle class tax cuts twittler promised?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrats blocked in the Senate.

They want tax increases to keep their thumbs in your eyes 😸

Deflection. Deflection is deflection.

Sad.

Dems didn't block *snip btw, this is still lame duck session where your side holds all the power. So add lie to the deflection.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: soundguy

But then again, I’m not as gullible as right wingers tend to be

You are if you think potus handles legislation. That is congress's job. Perhaps a civics lesson is in order for the patriotic vet?

So you admit that your president doesn't know how the government works, but still back him?

Soooper sad.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You guys whined about a wall not being up within 6 weeks of this guy taking office and called him liar because it wasn't up. You had patience for 8 years under the last guy when not a single promise was kept, but you lose your remaining brain cells when Trump doesn't have a wall within 6 weeks. Lighten up and be consistent.

Deflection.

Point of OP is that the president keeps lieing to you and you eat it up. Why aren't you holding him to a higher standard? Your side is draining something, but its IQ not swamp.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
“On December 22, 2017, President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. It cuts individual income tax rates, doubles the standard deduction, and eliminates personal exemptions. The top individual tax rate drops to 37 percent.”

Mine personally dropped 3%
His name is President Donald Trump if you want to send a thank you card.

But that's not the cut he promised last month...

So, deflection.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

I missed the part where he promised he would pass legislation. Link that for me please. Thanks in advance!

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

There was talk among officials of pushing a middle-class tax cut bill next year, if Republicans can hold both the house and senate. But as they like to say, you guys voted against your own interests.

Without federal spending cuts it wouldn't matter either way.

"But we can't cut back spending because the Dems love spending".

So do the Republicans, "defense" spending gets increased every year on useless wars.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

One word... Veto

Oh perhaps you should watch the video.....congress has to present a bill. With out the bill there is nothing for the potus to do with any legislation. Oh and congress can override a veto, little known civics fact for you there granny. Congress has the legislative power.

Maybe your president should watch the video.

The OP wasn't about whether the president /can/ give a tax cut, the OP is about the president promising a tax cut he can't deliver.

He was lieing to manipulate, or he's super dumb.

Either way, you guys are kinda chumps to keep siding with him.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Oh come on now.
We all know you just pay for it.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

You guys whined about a wall not being up within 6 weeks of this guy taking office and called him liar because it wasn't up. You had patience for 8 years under the last guy when not a single promise was kept, but you lose your remaining brain cells when Trump doesn't have a wall within 6 weeks. Lighten up and be consistent.

Deflection.

Point of OP is that the president keeps lieing to you and you eat it up. Why aren't you holding him to a higher standard? Your side is draining something, but its IQ not swamp.

You have high standards for politicians when it comes to truth? That isn’t naive at all.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

This thread is getting boring, all you guys can do is deflect deflect deflect. You obviously can't argue the actual point to the op, because that would mean you have to admit either you are following a con man, or your president is super dumb (and by extension your "team" is lead by an idiot).

Look admitting you were wrong is the first step to not being dumb.

Deny ignorance!

Peace!

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

There was talk among officials of pushing a middle-class tax cut bill next year, if Republicans can hold both the house and senate. But as they like to say, you guys voted against your own interests.

So do the Republicans, "defense" spending gets increased every year on useless wars.

They would definitely need many further cuts. I’m not sure that’s going to happen anymore.

link   

Hate to be this way, but I will never read a WT article. They have been caught lying so many times I refuse to even consider them as an option.

Also, I will be the judge of a tax cut when I do my taxes - which will be around April 1st next year. I will get back with you then.

link   

Deflection.

You have high standards for politicians when it comes to truth? That isn’t naive at all.

You're deflecting again. This isn't about standards, its about a bald faced lie.

But yes, I do have high standards. Bet you think I love hillary and barry?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

Your english to english translation is commendable but not needed.
We all know your opinion and it is no longer surprising.

“we’re looking at a major tax cut for middle-income people.”

Yeah "looking at" always means it is going to happen.
Perhaps you are in that gullible catagory?

still waiting for your link......

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

They would definitely need many further cuts. I’m not sure that’s going to happen anymore.

Absolutely.

Many of the left leaning programs need serious overhauls. They're bloated and can be cut spending wise and still provide more if handled more efficiently.

I'll also point out they have increased bloated "defense" spending when holding majority power, and voted for it while in minority.

One of the few bipartisan issues is wasting money overseas rather than fixing infrastructure or other beneficial issues for the taxpayers.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Deflection.

You're deflecting again. This isn't about standards, its about a bald faced lie.

But yes, I do have high standards. Bet you think I love hillary and barry?

How do you know it’s a lie? The president asked Treasury officials and Republican lawmakers to focus on developing a middle-class tax plan.

You don’t know it is a lie. So you’re lying.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Whatever happened to my health insurance?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
“On December 22, 2017, President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. It cuts individual income tax rates, doubles the standard deduction, and eliminates personal exemptions. The top individual tax rate drops to 37 percent.”

Mine personally dropped 3%
His name is President Donald Trump if you want to send a thank you card.

Didn't you know? That only helped us Republicans and the bazillionaires.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
I'll give you kudos for the Twittler thing, that's pretty good, quite a few levels to it.
Did you come up with that?

It's a lot better that the tRump thing you usually do.

Lucky break for him... According to that Yale *psychiatrist (Brandy Lee), it's just Trump supporters that have the mentality of a 5 year old.

*lacks proper skill, but qualifies by today's standards

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What middle class tax cuts? I remember him lowering the corporate tax rate, and he did.

The better question is where are our wage increases? Our nice manufacturing jobs? Our job market is still driven by crap minimum wage jobs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join