It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ever happened to those middle class tax cuts twittler promised?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I’m sure the resident sycophants have already forgotten about them. Will right wingers ever tire of the lies the president tells? I for one knew they would never materialize. But then again, I’m not as gullible as right wingers tend to be. The pResident lies so fluently and frequently it’s hard to keep up.

Another promise broken by the serial liar. I thank koresh everyday that I was born with ability to know a con man when I see one. Remember folks they were imminent, lol. Suckers.........

washingtonpost.com
edit on Fri Dec 7 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Your thread just reported for numerous ATS terms violations.
Have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

We knew right when that was announced it was more of a stunt for the midterms.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if it does materialize, though the timing will probably be in a year or two... Probably saving it for right before 2020.

While people will celebrate it whenever it comes, it's basically a loan, with interest.

Ya see everyone, it doesn't matter if we get tax cuts. Unless we start balancing the federal budget, the debt will continue to rise, and it will accrue interest. That gets tied into taxes anyways, so essentially it's a bait and switch with tax cuts until we cut federal spending.

Both parties play the game around this topic while inevitably making the problem worse while putting on the appearance of appeasing their parties wishes.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It’s been a few months since I read the T&C. But I don’t believe I see any problems in that regards.
I definitely see a few issues with the OP though.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Have a nice day.

It's the mudpit, thicken your skin.

Check the mudpit for the past 24 hours, my guess is you didn't report any from the other lean.

Do what I do (I doubt you'll call out both sides as much), argue rather than whine.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

But then again, I’m not as gullible as right wingers tend to be

You are if you think potus handles legislation. That is congress's job. Perhaps a civics lesson is in order for the patriotic vet?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

One word... Veto

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You guys whined about a wall not being up within 6 weeks of this guy taking office and called him liar because it wasn't up. You had patience for 8 years under the last guy when not a single promise was kept, but you lose your remaining brain cells when Trump doesn't have a wall within 6 weeks. Lighten up and be consistent.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
“On December 22, 2017, President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. It cuts individual income tax rates, doubles the standard deduction, and eliminates personal exemptions. The top individual tax rate drops to 37 percent.”

Mine personally dropped 3%
His name is President Donald Trump if you want to send a thank you card.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

But then again, I’m not as gullible as right wingers tend to be

You are if you think potus handles legislation. That is congress's job. Perhaps a civics lesson is in order for the patriotic vet?

You may have to find something geared towards a bit younger crowd than that. Remember who you're trying to explain this to.

link   

Why didn't POTUS know about this when he made the promise? Did he know that Congress wasn't even in session to take up his "middle class" tax cut, that he promised would happen before the mid-term elections?

link   

PS Schoolhouse rock came into being when I was already in high school but my younger sister watched and I saw many of them.
This one and the one about the preamble were my favorites in the civics genre.

link   
I'll give you kudos for the Twittler thing, that's pretty good, quite a few levels to it.
Did you come up with that?

It's a lot better that the tRump thing you usually do.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

One word... Veto

Oh perhaps you should watch the video.....congress has to present a bill. With out the bill there is nothing for the potus to do with any legislation. Oh and congress can override a veto, little known civics fact for you there granny. Congress has the legislative power.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Democrats blocked in the Senate.

They want tax increases to keep their thumbs in your eyes 😸

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I fear you may be correct.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

There was talk among officials of pushing a middle-class tax cut bill next year, if Republicans can hold both the house and senate. But as they like to say, you guys voted against your own interests.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Have a nice day.

Awww, did he call you out for foolishly believing a serial liar? And you have no cogent argument to defend yourself, so you go all authoritarian?

Trigger the libs! Whoops trigger the conservatives!

Why aren't these people demanding he follow through with it? Could it be because deep down they know they have no voice with this @hole? They know he doesn't listen to them. At this point they are just "rah rah-ing" for their team.

Sad.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
That's not the discussion taking place here though, please don't change the subject (derp, its a rules violation, someone might report you).

The discussion is that trump promised a tax cut to the middle class and never delivered.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Why does the potus have horrible hair?
Why is the sky blue?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join