It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upper Darby parents charged in overdose death of infant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
/rant on

Yay..I hope these two spend the rest of their lives suffering.

www2.philly.com...

TOTAL COWARDS..the only reason he this person didn't do the right thing and call 911 as soon as they saw the symptoms below is because they were looking out for their own freedom first most likely...

"In an attempt to revive the infant, he told police, he held a wet towel to her forehead and ran her head under cold water from the tub’s faucet. He called Semanyk at work several times and asked her to come home immediately."

How is this for a waste of flesh "Milano was in jail on a driving-while-intoxicated count when authorities charged him with the death of his daughter."
I'm just waiting for the normal cast of characters to show up here defending this idiot because driving drunk isn't as bad as everyone says and I'm a woke mind who will fight the laws of the man .

I know..maybe we should just hug them more because they are addicts and well their life is hard and all that..

/rant off

edit on 7-12-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I'm just waiting for the normal cast of characters to show up here defending this idiot because driving drunk isn't as bad as everyone says and I'm a woke mind who will fight the laws of the man . 

Who are these people you're talking about? Because I've never encountered them.

I think you're just pissed off about this story and are looking for a fight where there is none.

I can't imagine anyone defending those dirtbags.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Milano told police he had been watching television in his bedroom when he went to check on the baby. He said he found her on the bathroom floor “looking out of it and groggy” with a piece of blue wax paper in her mouth.

The couple spent several hours deliberating what to do about the ailing child. About 10:45 p.m., Milano called 911, but promptly hung up. When the dispatcher called back, Milano said the call had been “a mistake and everything was OK.”

They let their baby die instead of immediately calling for help and getting her to a hospital. Truly tragic accidents do happen, but this baby didn't die because of an innocent mistake. It sounds like they wasted five or six hours worrying about themselves, until their child finally stopped breathing. No sympathy from me.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Who are these people you're talking about? Because I've never encountered them.

I think you're just pissed off about this story and are looking for a fight where there is none.

I can't imagine anyone defending those dirtbags.

I'll be upfront..Lost 2 very very important people to me due to drunk drivers, one of them had been arrested 7 times for drunk driving, so it is clearly a flashpoint internally. I freely admit that.

I can think of at least 2 other posts here where people defended drunk drivers. Ill find those threads today or over the weekend. Note I just dont think anyone that has been arrested for drunk driving is a selfish fool but those that drive while high, doing makeup , txting or on the cell phone.

Anyway..Dont want to distract too much from the sad story I initially posted.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

The couple spent several hours deliberating what to do about the ailing child. About 10:45 p.m., Milano called 911, but promptly hung up. When the dispatcher called back, Milano said the call had been “a mistake and everything was OK.”

So they spend several hours letting the poor kid die?

Some people are too stupid to be allowed in this world.
edit on 12 7 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Drunk driving should result in loss of license permanently if you are over a certain limit (so .08 is legal, .12 or above is permanent loss).

If these people did indeed let their child die, then they deserve to have the book thrown at them, repeatedly.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I support extreme;y harsh punishments in this exact situation especially to deter others from not calling for help in similar situations. If someone knows they risk life imprisonment for that type of neglect I think it would prevent people from being to afraid to call and more afraid not to call ?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

This story isn't at all about drunk driving, so I would be really surprised if anyone even comments on that part of it. It was one part of one sentence at the very end of the article.

Milano was in jail on a driving-while-intoxicated count when authorities charged him with the death of his daughter. Semanyk turned herself into police around 5 p.m. Wednesday. Both were being held without bail.

I don't care if he was hosting a charity fundraising event when he was charged - what they did to their child was criminal and it should be treated as such. End of story.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Fricken heartbreaking.
Sickens me.

Just watched the news video.
The father was recently arrested for a DUI and then it showed the mother being taken away in handcuffs, from a house all decorated for Christmas.
They tried to say that the baby drown and waited 6 hours minimum before doing anything for her.

new topics

top topics

join