It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website redirect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Anytime I try to use this site from my mobile, I get redirected to a sote saying I have wone a free gift card. I cannot back out if that site and must close my browser and start over. This has been reported in the past by other members as well. Has ats been hacked? In any case, this has gone on long enough with no fix that I will not be returning to ats. I won't put my electronics and personal information at risk simply because the board will not secure their site. Good bye.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: borracho

don't have any issues on mobile or elsewhere...there are solutions in the forums

ETA: and the explanations are there as well. G.Luck
edit on 7-12-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

There are, but it's not really spelled outright.

You kind of have to pick up on what people are saying.

All that said, it is concerning that the site is not secure and there are redirects. Both these things didn't used to be the case.

The site had a secure connection up until about a month ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
this happens to me several times a day.
This site is slipping more and more everyday

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Huh, in the last week I suddenly don't see any adds, nor do I get any redirects, wonder why......

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This thing kept me off site for weeks. It seems to be telepathic. Every time I thought about it, and especially whilst reading threads about it, it took over, and instantly.

It made one visit while on ebay, and a few on some low security guitar forums over run with Chinese hackers. But it persisted on ats for weeks.

I cleared cache, cookies, and downloaded the latest mac software. Turned on the device and the first thing I saw was the thing again. Then, after a few days it simply stopped appearing.
It tried to pop up when an ats link took me to a fox site, yesterday. The page went black after that. Then I set a new tab and it seems gone for the moment.

Now it is leaving me alone. But I am worried because it is really a drag, and I am thinking about it now, obviously.

I sympathize with anyone suffering this. A few tricks I used was to use ats search as to open a new ats tab without having to re-sign on. Then, keep dancing around on fresh tabs and try to read a few sentences before the thing reappears. Keep a watch on the tabs. Keep one or two open as a fall back. Kill off the tabs you left as soon as you see them change. If you are quick, you might be able to stay on ats for a couple minutes at a time. You might try manually repositioning the tabs such that they are not adjacent. Good luck.

One more thing...it seems subject sensitive. I remember wanting to read a specific topic, and, repeatedly, it consistently killed it off as soon as my eyes rejoined the last sentence I had read. Also, it replaces your bookmarked links with the malware, so it removes your items of interest, which is memory theft, a way to curb ideolgical convictions.

Specifically, I had been forced to relocate a thread several times, in which I do intend to paste some fascist enabling hipster regarding gun ownership and social media background checks. He has been preparing for this with his online presence since the day he boasted about wanting to poison his boss at work using eyedrops. I noted the change in his emphasis instantly. Everything he writes now is about how level headed he is, and everyone else is a ‘bunch of cowboys’, so we should likewise embrace this investigative process and be ‘weeded out’ as a price to pay for our liberty. We should change our online presence in anticipation of this, because it will show ‘them’ that we have heard, and accept their authority to govern our thoughts, and utterances. So now, I have to find that thread again, because this obvious progressive totalitarian facilitation is just too serious to ignore. But should I accidently click on a different subject, the roving malware seemed unaware, or perhaps unconcerned. Hard to say really. I presume it is a concerted effort, an attack. Sort of like preparing us for being censored, or eliminated, just like twitter, or fb. Or any comment section where ‘they’ pull comments of wrongthink. I think ‘they’ want sites like this gone. It’s like we are going backwards. It is the ‘price we pay, for being free’. There’s always a price. lol. all those #holes quoting the founding fathers and # makes me laff. Yeah. a bunch of cowboys(*). But not me. I’m cool

# 1019
edit on 7-12-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: * Possibly taken from Tony Montana after

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: mysterioustranger

There are, but it's not really spelled outright.

You kind of have to pick up on what people are saying.

All that said, it is concerning that the site is not secure and there are redirects. Both these things didn't used to be the case.

The site had a secure connection up until about a month ago.

I just think there are so many different devices, types, preferencial settings and providers worldwide...there just is no 1-single answer to everyone.

It maybe could be solved here if there was a way to allow ads(we need revenue, ok, understood)... and not have those redirect....but it seems a conundrum for everyone.*

*Staying logged in always...yesterday I had 2 redirects myself

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: borracho

Just posting to say I can't even scroll an entire page of a thread on mobile without being redirected to some bullcrap scam site.

I can't even visit your site to use it if I can't say on it because some god damned jerks redirect me and I can't get back without closing all windows and starting all over again, just to have the same exact result.

top topics

join