It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real cop shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I have been watching this youtube channel called Patty Mayo. Basically he is a repo guy and bonds man. It shows him doing his job and I must admit its entertaining in a sick way. The thing that bothers me is that they are just showing these people at their possible worst moment and making money off it. There is no attempt to hide the peoples faces at all. Is it just me or could this guy be sued by the people he is filming? Does he owe the people he films part of his profit?

I don't know, it just all seems wrong to me.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I am also amazed by the pure ignorance. These guys have to know they are in a losing battle. But they just don't ever seem to know that.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I'm sure the people who appear on these programs have to sign a release, and they are compensated for their appearance as well.

ETA - A lot of these people object to the cameras when they show up because they're not expecting them (and it's perfectly legal to film them without a release). However, after they start thinking about it they:
a.) Think the video will somehow help their case (it won't in most cases), and
b.) Figure that they might as well take the $500 bucks or whatever

edit on 12/7/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I'm sure the people who appear on these programs have to sign a release, and they are compensated for their appearance as well.

Then the question is, what person in their right mind would agree to be seen in this way? It's amazing.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

See my edit above.

Oh, and people are stupid. Notice you never see any of these shows where some business executive or wealthy person gets arrested or has their car repossessed. It's not because it doesn't happen, it absolutely does, but they never sign the release, hence they never appear. Now, some of the cop shows will blur out certain people's faces, and that's just because whatever the incident they filmed likely has a high enough viewer impact (i.e. sells advertisements) that they just air it anyway.

edit on 12/7/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Indeed. I am always amazed at the common thinking about law and how to interact with police officers. I was watching some "how to protect your rights" video quite a while ago where these people were actually told to tell the police what their rights were and what they did and didn't have to comply with.

Ok, all is good with that, I like the idea behind it but I know in practice it is going to cause you way more problems than it is worth. Even if you are filming them. My practice (and yes I have been arrested) has always been to shut up and not say anything except things that have nothing to do what I am being accused of. For instance, I once had a 15 minute police car ride in which I had a great conversation about Black Sabbath with a local sheriff. It can happen. I actually would see the guy around later and have some good chats with him here and there. My thinking is that the next time I did anything dumb if he was the officer involved he might - just might - cut me a break. I got older, stopped doing dumb things. So really no longer an issue, but in my teens and 20's I just wanted to be a wild man. And I was - so I paid for it occasionally.

The only time I ever got mouthy with a cop I was I think 20 years old and I did indeed pay for it. The next morning when I woke up I was amazed they hadn't broke some of my ribs. I don't know if that kind of stuff still happens on a regular basis, but in Missouri in the early 1990's it was always a possibility.
edit on 7-12-2018 by Fools because: trying to make more sense.

edit on 7-12-2018 by Fools because: ...

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Patty Mayo can't be sued by the people he films because it's all staged and they're actors.

Donut Operator completely debunked the notion that he's a real cop, as your thread title implies.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Patty Mayo can't be sued by the people he films because it's all staged and they're actors.

Donut Operator completely debunked the notion that he's a real cop, as your thread title implies.

I never thought of that. I suppose the overhead for filming that sort of thing would be pretty low. Who debunked it? Where is the debunking? Also I did see him wearing some sheriff gear in one and then a bailbond gear in the other. Sort of did not make any sense.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It makes me want to get in on it to be honest. Kind of like bigfoot or monster hunting shows. Just be an idiot for a little bit and KA!CHING!

Who knows what the future holds?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Donut used a couple different sources to try and find any sort of professional credentials for Mayo under his real name and couldn't find anything. Highlights some glaring issues with things he does and says. Bunch of other stuff.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thanks.

(post by MatthewBishop removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join