It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School principal 'steals' Christmas with ban on Santa, candy canes, red & green colors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This particular article is being carried by several different reporting stations. I first heard the news on the radio.

I presently live in a Buddhist country and the biggest mall in Town has a huge Christmas tree in the court yard entrance with fake candy canes and everything. Many smaller stores are recognizing Christmas as their store fronts are decorated in Christmas cheer..

I never saw a Christmas tree, fake or real, in Saudi Arabia that is for sure..

Unfortunately IMO it will get worse as the politically correct crowd insures no one is offended by anything to do with Christmas.

Political clout will slowly increase as more non believers in Christmas and Christ are elected to office or placed into positions of power..It really is an old old road map. 06:00 am and 4 other times during the day for the call to prayers broadcast over loud speakers maybe next in your neighborhood like Hamtramck, Michigan and other places..?

Well if church bells can ring why not loud speakers ? Maybe a good question for some but not for me as the bell rings and stops and does not try to force Allah down my ear canal 5 times a day..

Christmas trees, Santas, Elf on the Shelf, Christmas carols, Christmas-related books, Christmas ornaments, reindeer, as well as all multimedia materials, including Christmas movies, made the blacklist. But the overzealous educator did not stop at that, and also axed candy canes of all colors, since their J-shape "is for Jesus,""red is for the blood of Christ" and "the white is a symbol of resurrection."

www.rt.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
I would have thought that banning something at school was one of the most effective ways of making it popular. If you really want to turn children against something, make it compulsory.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

This is one of the comments on the article. Gave me a chuckle. Pretty much sums it up.

"Oh, look a crazy person. I know, let's put her in charge!"

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
sputniknews.com...

A report by one of Sweden's leading regional dailies on anti-terrorist measures ahead of Christmas, now called "Winter Celebration", has provoked an outcry from fellow Swedes who perceived this newspeak as political correctness gone too far.

Sydsvenskan, a regional daily headquartered Skåne County, has published a report on how the city of Malmö prepares to celebrate Christmas by moving festivities from Gustaf Adolf Square to larger Stortorget Square for security reasons. Additional security measures will be in place, Sydsvenskan reported to assure Malmö residents of peaceful holidays.

However, the newspaper's expression "Winter Celebration", a politically correct paraphrase of Christmas, enraged many Swedes, who found this to be an encroachment on their dear tradition for the sake of multiculturalism.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Apparently she 'tried' to steal Christmas, but it didn't go over well.

"An Elkhorn elementary school principal tried to ban Christmas. It didn't go well."

District spokeswoman Kara Perchal released a statement on behalf of the district indicating that, as of Thursday, Sinclair had been placed on administrative leave. Perchal said there would be no further comment since it was a personnel issue.

Omaha.com
Don't # with Christmas in Omaha!

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Thankfully the school board stepped in and reversed some of this.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

What I love is this, she said she comes from a place where Christmas is not allowed, so for the sake of being inclusive, it can't be allowed here in order to make it like where she came from ....

Inclusive ... You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
She gone

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
South Park predicted this many years ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Principal Scrooge Sinclair trying to ruin holiday cheer, why I oughtta....

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yeah, it is that bad.

I had to find an image for January, so I chose a cup of what looked like either coffee or cocoa. I was told it could not be used because there was a tiny candy cane tucked around the saucer, and that has "religious imagery." How many people even know that? The only reason I did was because we sent our kid to a religious private school for two years and he learned it there, but I had no idea prior to that.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
PC= people control
PC= personal censorship
PC= practically crazy

PC is not the answer to anything ,
It excludes more people than it includes.
And if you are trying to make this place like the one you left to come here ...you should have just stayed.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

With how all the snowflake PC people are they do themselves no good. Now all the comedy shows are making fun of them and to the point they won’t leave the safe place and not reproduce.

Ahhhh that will be the day

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
She was a mean, vicious woman.

- Tony Joe White, Polk Salad Annie

edit:

Omaha, HQ for SAC. No wonder she's on leave. They may have always thought they might be nuking some place for suppressing Christmas.

edit on 12/7/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This attitude stems from having a rare medical condition in which a person's heart is two sizes too small.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I can honestly say that I've seen Christmas celebrations in Canada get smaller with more controversy all because we are opening our doors to more people from less fortunate places. Why the heck can they not just shut up and let us have our holidays?
First they ruined all the food around here with halal food replacements for things like pizza and pastas. In my area all the pizza and pasta is just terrible because they add tumeric and things theyre used to. There is only 1 pizza shop in my city now that uses non halal peperoni and its the only good pizza in the city.
We have been bending over and just taking it dry.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I wonder what poisonous food colorings are in those bright red and white J. Christmas is more of a pagan holiday coupled with a sales scam these days. It has little to do with Jesus, Jesus stressed being satisfied with needs and to curb your wants. Gee, if you buy something the wife needs for Christmas, she gets all upset. Far astray from what Jesus said. Maybe making the canes in the form of an S for satan is more of a realistic shape.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Am I the only one here who ever sharpened a candy cane into a shiv?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Nope.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This doesn't fly in Nebraska. The whole state is what, 99% Christian? She banned homemade gifts... I mean seriously, homemade gifts! Why would she ever be in charge?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join