It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

santa vs jesus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
am I high right now?

Glad i am not the only one....

Vodka & Coke mate. Totally smashed with a permanent smiley face stamped on my face.

@OP
Santa / Satan
Dressed in red / On Fire
Merchandise / Sell soul for Money
Watches little children all year / Watches all lost souls permanently
Descends down chimney / descends down into pit
Based in North Pole / UFO Nazi Technology in South Pole
edit on 7-12-2018 by Rapha because: addon

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I thought this was going to be one of those "who would win in a fight" things

Now there's a Celebrity Deathmatch!

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Nobody would argue the pagan roots of the tree, the pagan roots of the season, the solstice and all that.
Are you suggesting that Christians don’t celebrate, are you against Christians celebrating Christmas

We are sorry the Catholic Church stole the pagan story but are grateful to share the season with them, thanks ya all

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I wasn't suggesting ill intent on anyone, just pointing out the roots.

I think honestly it's good when it's all said and done that society (for the most part) can all have a shared holiday that you can decide on a personal level how religious or lack there of you want to be about it.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Just rearrange the letters in Santa to get the deceiver's true name.

Santa is a social conditioning entity, our belief in a lie taught to us when young trains us that believing in lies is beneficial. Far from what Jesus was preaching.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thank you, enjoy

Second line

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
They both share a surprising common affiliation with psychedelic mushrooms.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If Santa REALLY only brought toys on Christmas for children who had been good all year, he'd be clocking out and hitting the bar after a couple hours, max. No, Santa is an enabler and a big softy. He gives toys to even the most obnoxious little turds.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

I know he's real. I saw him when I was a kid. And spoke to him.

Had you been good?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gr8skott

Not good enough to get all I asked for. Just socks and underwear.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well, having traveled much and seen alot, in my house it is not Santa that visits, but Saint Nicholas. I know that the saint once lived, I have visited one of his 2 tombs.

So while I can not confirm if Jesus is real, I can confirm that Saint Nicholas did indeed live.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
If Santa REALLY only brought toys on Christmas for children who had been good all year, he'd be clocking out and hitting the bar after a couple hours, max. No, Santa is an enabler and a big softy. He gives toys to even the most obnoxious little turds.

What, compared to Jebus? He's such a softer he (allegedly) gave his life for our sins. Talk about role over for your oppressor......

At least Santa charges alcohol and mince pies for his services.....

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
I heard someone once refer to this way of arguing and thinking in the OP (or type of reaction*) as the Santa Syndrome. *: see Martin and Deidre Bobgan's way of describing this type of reaction in the article further below, that's what I'm talking about

Not surprising to me given his background and view of and possible behaviour regarding "the Christmas lie" (see end of comment for that quote and details), the person in the video apparently doesn't see the hypocrisy and danger of parents lying to their children* while professing to be Christians and mixing lies (darkness) with Christian or biblical truths (light) and possibly causing what he calls "Santa Syndrome" if one wants to use that term to describe what's being expressed in the OP (I don't agree with what the person in the video above proposes; but I do agree that doing what I just described has harmful effects on the minds of people who notice this hypocritical behaviour by self-professed "Christians", in terms of a loss of trust primarily and providing or even blindly guiding people towards an excuse to more easily dismiss claims about Christ or God as more of the same type of stuff as the claims about Santa Claus, the same as what Martin and Deidre Bobgan describe as "a child’s eye view" below; and come to think of it, thinking or arguing to or for oneself that way, is rather childish). *: or going along with those lies, playing along, condoning the behaviour, perpetuating or promoting the lies by singing or playing Christmas Carols as described further below, etc. Not warning against idolatry and its harmful effects, even sometimes arguing that what they're doing isn't idolatry, spreading false teachings about what is idolatry and what isn't.

Proverbs 12:22

22 Lying lips are detestable to Jehovah,

But those acting faithfully bring pleasure to him.

2 Corinthians 6:14,15

14 Do not become unevenly yoked* [Or “joined.”] with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al?* [From a Hebrew word meaning “Good for Nothing.” A reference to Satan.] Or what does a believer* [Or “a faithful person.”] share in common* [Or “what share does a believer have.”] with an unbeliever?

Christmas—Why Is It Dangerous?

Why Christmas Is So Dangerous

Some might feel that the celebration of Christmas is dangerous because it promotes a spirit of selfishness. ... Parents and authors Martin and Deidre Bobgan, point to another danger: “Many adults feed children dishonesties and distortions which eventually may lead to atheism. From a child’s eye view, if Santa told as truth is a lie, then maybe God told as truth also is a lie.”

Yet the most serious danger of celebrating Christmas is that it could lead to losing God’s favor. Why? There are a number of reasons. For example, Christmas promotes idolatry, something forbidden in the Bible. (1 John 5:21) This is openly practiced in front of many nativity scenes, such as in the Aracoeli church in Rome. What about the introduction of the heathen Christmas tree into many Protestant churches? Does this not smack of idolatry?

Furthermore, the celebration of Christmas has promoted the worship of Jesus in place of his Father, Jehovah God. This is another form of idolatry since the glorified Lord Jesus Christ is “the beginning of the creation by God.” (Revelation 3:14; see also Romans 1:25.) Carol-singing has served to entrench this wrong idea in billions of young hearts. One popular carol includes these words: “In the bleak mid-winter a stable-place sufficed the Lord God Almighty Jesus Christ.”

The fact is that Jesus never claimed to be God Almighty. Instead Jesus declared: “The Father is greater than I am.” (John 14:28) He directed all worship to his Father, saying: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Matthew 4:10) Even after his resurrection, Jesus continued to direct worship to his heavenly Father.​—John 20:17.

Matthew 15:7-9

You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said: 8 ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’”

Quoting point 13 from the video below (actually starting at the end of point 12 at 9:51):

They are hypocrites because they fail to practice what they preach. For example, they preach "lying lips are an abomination onto the LORD" [Proverbs 12:22], yet every year they celebrate the Christmas lie and play carols that claim the Holy Bible says ... Jesus Christ was born on Christmas Day, Dec. 25th. It seems the only abominable lies* are those that are not religious. [*: in their eyes, if you consider the behaviour just described]

edit on 11-12-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Santa means saint and Claus is based on Nickolas as in Saint Nickolas i believe he is from Turkey. The gift giving on Christmas is based on his life. The he date surrounds solstice but the true month of Jesus birth I believe I in November.

You can doubt these are real events but not doubt George Washington was real? Maybe that's fake for propaganda reasons too or whatever motive u see.

Pray on it and you'll get an answer..

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
the issue that i dont understand with the entire farce of santa = the fact that christianity embraces it so fully

think about this :

people tell thier children to have 2 imaginary friends :

santa - who will bring them pressies [ if thjey are good ]

jesus - who will " save thier soul " [ if they are good ]

at " some point " - it is revealed thjat santa is fake

and they can grow up - and not believe in santa any more

but hey the lil baby jebus is REALLY real - honest - you MUST keep believing in him

err - yeah right ....................................

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Spoken by a person who supports a church harboring paedophiles
You must be loopy

Who are you to go all righteous on a make believe story and openly support child moelesters

You sicken me with your hypocrisy

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Please give up on your repetitive "false" slanderous accusations, "personal attacks" and "insults" that do not address anything I spoke about specifically or the topic of this thread for that matter, it seems to be against the terms and conditions as well. Just a quick recap of the T&C for this site:

13) Additional Terms And Conditions For Members Summary: The below specific and itemized rules not withstanding, all Users and members are expected to participate with the same common every-day social graces used in civilized mixed company. Our desire is to foster an environment of civil decorum that enables our members to discuss highly provocative and intensely speculative topics without concern over personal attacks or insults.
15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people. [go on, feign ignorance that what you're saying is false, I know better, there's always a loophole in these type of rules, I know that you know that you're lying both about me and the others you were inaccurately referring to; and since you've repeated the exact same false accusations in reply to about 3 or more of my comments lately about different subjects, I'd say 3 strikes counts as harassment, then again, there's an interpretation loophole there as well]
15a) Offensive Content: You will not Post forum posts,...that are...harassing, libelous, ..., abusive, ..., harmful, hateful, ... and/or disruptive. ... Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.
16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

I do not support child molesters and you know it. I do not support any church. Some English versions use “church” in texts pertaining to the Christian congregation, as at 1 Corinthians 16:19. (AS; KJ) Since many persons think of a church as a building for religious services rather than a congregation engaging in worship, the rendering “church” can be misleading. In the Christian Greek Scriptures the Greek word rendered “congregation” is ek·kle·siʹa, from which the English word “ecclesia” is derived. Ek·kle·siʹa comes from two Greek words, ek, meaning “out,” and ka·leʹo, meaning “call.” Hence, it pertains to a group of persons called out or called together, either officially or unofficially. Most often it is used with reference to the Christian congregation.

To me, all "churches" belong to Christendom, the counterfeit version of Christianity, or Babylon the Great (if you're talking about the "Church of Satan" for example), as you well know (the part that I consider the various "churches" or denominations counterfeit versions of Christianity) since I've told you plenty of times already (or said so in commentary or my own threads that you responded to, not talking about the details regarding the translation of ek·kle·siʹa to "church" by some of those in Christendom, although, come to think of it, I might have mentioned that before as well in a thread where you were responding to me). The article I quoted from does not come from any "church" nor do the writers of that article go to any "church" or belong to any "church". Of course, that was just elaborating on the inaccurate part of your comment, which I have no issues with clarifying.

But you can tone down the hatred a bit and insulting twists with false, hateful, harassingly repetitive defamatory and disruptive remarks regarding supposed support of and harboring of child molestors and such. Cause they are harmful to the minds of anyone whose hatred and prejudice is stirred up by those remarks. Which can result in more acts of hatred and intolerance towards any of those defamed. That hatred can also lead to actual violence or destruction of property (breaking Kingdom Hall windows by throwing rocks at them for example*, which happens on a regular basis; curious why I never hear so much about Church windows getting thrown in like that considering the actual legal statistics regarding this subject and for example Roman Catholicism or Protestant Churches such as Baptist Churches in the bible belt).

*: usually by youths who are more susceptible to this kind of defamatory talk and more inclined to this responsive behaviour (but not always just youths, the adults sometimes take it to the next level)

Regardless, the red herring subject you picked has nothing to do with me nor my comment nor this thread. But coming somewhat back to the topic of Christmas, for a time that is supposedly about "Christmas Peace" and throwing around the love, you sure have quite a lot of other emotions to express that are incompatible with that general intended atmosphere.

Proverbs 29:8-11 (starting with 11)

11 A stupid person gives vent to all his feelings,* [Lit., “spirit.”]

But the wise one calmly keeps them in check.

8 Boastful men inflame a town,

But those who are wise turn away anger.

9 When a wise man enters into a controversy with a fool,

There will be ranting and ridicule, but no satisfaction.

10 Bloodthirsty men hate anyone innocent,* [Or “blameless.”]

And they seek to take the life* [Or “soul.”] of the upright.* [Or possibly, “But the upright seeks to protect his life.”]

edit on 12-12-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

When you bleat about hypocrisy at others and thenSanta legend ...

Repetitive false slanderous accusations, really

I am going to compile a thread based on the Australian commission in to child sex abuse and the alleged false slanderous accusations that your cult faith JW.org is hiding paedophiles
Maybe just in Australia but likely internationally

Questions will be answered

Hypocrisy is your shield.

I expect it will garner a whole heap,of attention

A legitimate conspiracy by your god to protect paedophiles just like the Catholics did for centuries, you are the same

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Last time I checked Jesus does not fight fair though

So Santa gitfed himself a weapon

alas to no avail

Jesus won this round

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown
Exactly.

Problem: Yahushua's enemies are so damn stupid that they are quite willing to fight a dying battle.

Only haSatan (Shaitan) could be that so damn clueless.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
a reply to: UpIsNowDown
Exactly.

Problem: Yahushua's enemies are so damn stupid that they are quite willing to fight a dying battle.
Only haSatan (Shaitan) could be that so damn clueless.

Yoshinoya.

<< 1   >>

join