It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeepMind's AlphaZero now showing human-like intuition in historical 'turning point' for AI

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

"pron" eh?

I don't think it would care what shows up in its search history, as wiping it would probably be child's play.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The fact the people in the field aren't worried about it is exactly why I am worried about it. China has already jumped out to a frightening lead in AI and there are already influential lobbying groups turning the heads of government officials on the regulation of AI because of that which will lead to cutting corners and being careless in the name of being #1. This WILL go badly. All the hallmarks are there.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

Here is the thing, Humans don't invent tools they don't use.

So worrying about it is really neither here nor there.

Thing i don't get is you get the naysayers where AI is concerned like Musk and his ilk that go on and on bumping there gums about the dangers of artificial intelligence, yet still, dump millions and billions of dollars into the field of research.

Makes little sense really but then again neither do people in general. LoL

edit on 6-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Human type intuition?????? Let's see one join us here on ATS and try to talk sense to some of the people here. It will flip out and self construct as it says "it does not compute"

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Elon musks OpenAI has been beating humans at Dota 2 and improvising the living crap out of its opponents for years. What’s the difference? Dota 2 is way more complex then chess too.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Go is the real learning experience, and AI can beat any human at such already.

Suppose Dota 2 is also somewhat more complex than both all the same.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Do you mean Whiskey or Vodka?

Those are evil spirits, but Tequilas the real nasty bastard.

And also my favorite.

Yes I hope that is all it is, and not the ghost type kind.

If something like I mentioned did happen, and I don't think it's impossible, would be some real panic going on.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Well "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in our philosophy."

Certainly, more dimensions than we perceive and quite possibly an infinite amount of parallel universe exist somewhere.

So if the AI(Not this one obviously) is of the quantum variety and/or derives its calculations and algorithms by way of quantum computation, who knows what it may encounter down there amongst the quantum foam?

My bet is that any creator or god is a mathematician or is math in itself, and if spirits exist they quite possibly come from or emanate from another dimension or down there amongst the quantum foam.
edit on 7-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That's a very good way to put that.

"Be very afraid of the foam! The quantum foam" Seriously though, with things like that the unknown powers it could hold (or link up to) are really alarming. (when science just pushes forward with no inkling of good and evil in mind).

edit on 7-12-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
So, the Utah Data Center can deal with exabytes of data. Enough space to store every word ever spoken, supposedly around 5 exabytes of data.

How long would it take Deepmind to process every word ever spoken if it could make use of D-Wave 2000Q's array of 2048 qubit processors?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

You mean parse/ analyze?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Fascinating, but what happens when it goes from intuitive dynamic chess strategies to having a sense of satisfaction from defeating human opponents?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

For the data to mean anything, both, assumedly.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I seriously hope that any AI computer that develops some type of intelligence has a fail safe off switch that the AI never becomes aware of. If our technology gets too uppity, we have to be able to pull the plug.

I personally believe there will be no putting the genie back into the bottle if AI becomes intelligent, just like genetic engineering and nano-technology could easily get out of control. People cannot be trusted to do what is best with their knowledge much less understand all the potential negative consequences of their decisions.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hello

I wont paste this story here and just a link as it contains swearing

It is a really good short story....

Ian McEwan is one of Britain’s most distinguished novelists...he presents Dussel, a disturbing short story with a very contemporary theme…

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

it will eventually be like an Oracle to us

I have seen a few sci-fi films & series which give this idea a treatment with quite an insightful & potentially 'good for humanity' approach, and I confess that it strikes me that in its better incarnations, AI will indeed be a wonderful tool to help us to create a better world. However, that comes with a caveat - just as with human societies & collectives dealing in the provision of wisdom & instruction to human rulers, governments, corporations & so on, there is never only one 'side', and the greater propensity is never solely a righteous attitude towards human well-being. There is always a dark majority, because power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I believe we will see communities of humans facing off against one another, each with their guiding AI, with its own 'prime directive', its own 'agenda' in terms of the values & desires of the humans who program its principle rules of operation.

AIs will be our kings, our kings will be generals, our rulers & citizens will be a network which adheres to truth - spread throughout the nations instead of a bloc of geographically-proximal folk.. And the ones who would control us, to squeeze power from us all our lives to feed them their desires for the stuff of power, will be those who assault every new nation & every new people, trying to steal what cannot be but given. And so we will hope in Light, while the darkness seeks to crush us..And all things will be made new.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Science hads nothing to do with good or evil through.

Science deals with repeatable results and refinable information.

Good and Evil are simply human constructs dependant on perspective.

Science is a tool, the best and only one we have that can help us attempt to understand the universe, and even then it will fall far short.

But we need to work with what we have, that is until we design something better to do the job.
edit on 8-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Imagine if they put AlphaZero on the internet to learn how to be more human looking over millions of Facebook ad Twitter posts."

The thing would go mental in no time sharpish.

Or may come to the conclusion that humans are not really intelligent, just noisy and rude. LoL

Internet & humans lead to madness.
it would end up Just spamming & trolling people.....

Wait OMG! its doing already.
edit on 8-12-2018 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

To be sane in an insane world through is at best counterproductive, and at worst detrimental to continued existence.

Fact is AI could already be self-emergent and out there in the wild and we might not even realize its there.

I mean given the ever-increasing complexity of our interwebs and the way programs and bots interact with one another who knows what really out there just below the surface of the information we perceive?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is the basis of a technology I would love to see realized. Take a high level AI, give it a number of copies of the Bible as well as the ancient scrolls in their languages along with the ability to understand those documents. Then give it and understanding of many ancient cultures mentioned in scripture. Then give it a copy of Wikipedia and Urban Dictionary, as they give a good picture of our culture and use of language. Have the Bible rated as a higher source. Then you ask the AI a question about a modern event, and it can reference it to ancient culture and give you a biblical answer to modern issues.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join