It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SSRI's vs FOX news-which is worse? find out at eleven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Two days ago I was really sick. I was literally immobile, frothing at the mouth and spontaneously vomiting, if you had walked in on me laying on the floor you would have called an ambulance. These SSRI's are evil, and needless to say I stopped taking them and i'm planning to offer some advice to whatever shrink i'm seeing this week a seek out a proctologist because he knows where i'm going to stick them.

So how does this relate to FOX news? both make me sick.

My television remote broke so I have to physically change the channel and stumbled upon the FOX news channel with a delightful segment literally called 'leftist loonies' (no joke) where an "expert pannelist" blamed the left in New Zealand for a transsexual Santa Claus! (again no joke) and then she fully derailed by saying 'our children should not be exposed to this' exposed to what? a Santa Claus wearing pantyhose? oh no think of the children!

They then they call the left biased. Wow. They have a segment on one program, the aforementioned 'loopy lefties' then continue to bash them-that's hypocrisy 101. I'll say it the umpteenth time I sit on the fence but I can say that this right wing television stations' lunacy is pathetic and those responsible should feel embarrassed. I have concerns for journalistic integrity, especially when idiots deride Hilary Clinton because her convention had a few empty seats. These buffoons-left or right-don't deserve the money or the attention-no wonder Trump likes FOX because they share the same brain cell.

Now it comes to my conclusion. SSRI's are nightmare fuel, anyone reading this who have taken them will back me up on that. After crawling to the end of my bed in a near comatose state, later in retrospect when i watched the 'leftist loonies' i should've taken the whole box of medication to end my misery.

SSRI's bad, FOX news worse.
edit on 6-12-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I know you're being somewhat cheeky here, but in all reality the SSRI's are far more significant problem than anything political.

I was on them for over a decade in my younger years and only in hindsight do I see just how much they really f*cked with me physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

They aren't designed by people aiming to help you. Bottom line.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Same crap propaganda as CNN and MSNBC, just a different flavor.

Yet we have people, some of whom post here, that follow it like a religion and believe what is said as gospel.

That is truly frightening.

I cut the cord over a year ago and highly recommend it.

ETA: My wife is bipolar and has been on and off most SSRIs. While she was 'controlled' while on them she was NOT the person I married. She lost what made her unique and became more like a drone. I hated it.

Working with her doctor over many years she is finally off all that crap and takes herbals, does a lot of prayer and meditation and has me as part of her maintenance team. I know her doctor well.
I wish you well and my best advice is a doctor who works WITH you.
edit on 12 6 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

FOX sucks, it just happens to be the best choice of the TV MSM outlets. That is not a compliment to FOX.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

#TrannySantaLivesMatter

I used to keep fox and cnn on the TVs when I was running on the treadmill, I can't do it anymore.
I can't bear to watch any of the news channels anymore, it's just too painful.
edit on 6-12-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You people who are decrying SSRIs? You're falling for the narrative that they make people sick or that they make people go postal.

SSRIs aren't mind-altering substances. I think some of you are confusing mood stabilizers and similar drugs woth SSRIs. SSRIs are drugs like Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Paxil. They affect the seratonin-binding synapses in your brain. They don't alter perception; they make it possible for your brain to use seratonin like it is supposed to.

There are many, many, many people who have been pulled back from the brink of clinical depression thanks to SSRIs. I am one of them. I know many others.

What happens when you are clinically depressed, and you start taking an SSRI? Well, if your depression has manifested with the near inability to eat, sleep, focus; if your short-term memory has been shot to hell; if your heart is frequently racing and you have significant and persistent anxiety, for which you can not pinpoint the cause; etc...then after about four or five weeks, you will start to notice that you actually desired lunch and were able to eat! You'll notice that last night, you slept, actually slept, for more than 45 minutes. You'll start to notice that you don't forget what you were trying to focus on just ten seconds ago, and you can complete a task now without having to start over twenty times because you couldn't focus long enough to get last step 2.

People will start to say that the light is back in your eyes and you're starting to look and seem like yourself again.

After about 6 weeks, you'll realize that you've slept all night for a week, you've eaten every meal of the day, you're thinking is clear again, and you're able to make it through the day without having to re-start everything you do over and over.

It won't make you magically happy, and it won't solve your problems. It won't make you unafraid of life's challenges. It won't make you light and airy. Nor will it make you a zombie or a drone. Again: these are not mood altering. It will just anke it possible for you to eat, sleep, and think clearly again. And with all of those things happening again, you'll be able to face things better.

I am sure that there is a very small subset of people out there who react badly to SSRIs, but there are people who react badly for every different drug we humans make, including Tylenol. There are far more people than you realize who are functioning well in their lives again because their brain chemistry has been restored to normal due to SSRIs.

Mood stabilizers and hat class of drug are a different story. So do some reading and stop falling for the Alex Jones "all mass shooters have SSRIs in common!" crap.
edit on 6-12-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You should have changed it back to any of the myriad progressive channels you have at your disposal. You might have saved yourself from having to hear some views contrary to your own.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

nice sales pitch.

All I know is if you are not a shill or have a doctorate then don't start lecturing because I have a very powerful enemy, one that does own a doctorate.

She told me this medication would make me feel like hell, she was not wrong. When I told her about my epsidoses, she told me to stop taking it.

I have to see a shrink in forty five minutes, unless your'e one of those shills with a sheepskin i'd be wary, I know someone who can pull rank when it comes to the psychological world.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: KansasGirl

nice sales pitch.

All I know is if you are not a shill or have a doctorate then don't start lecturing because I have a very powerful enemy, one that does own a doctorate.

She told me this medication would make me feel like hell, she was not wrong. When I told her about my epsidoses, she told me to stop taking it.

I have to see a shrink in forty five minutes, unless your'e one of those shills with a sheepskin i'd be wary, I know someone who can pull rank when it comes to the psychological world.

What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you calling me a shill and talking about pulling rank and babbling about someone with a doctorate?

All I can figure is you are clinically depressed and can't put together coherent thoughts. What would I be a shill for?

I was severely depressed. Clinically. I took an SSRI. After 6 weeks I was able to function again. I know multitudes of people with the same exoerience.

All I was saying to you (and the other "SSRIs will make you a zombie school shooter drone!" parrots) is that most people, who take SSRIs for DEPRESSION (note: NOT for bi-polar disorder or manic/depressive disorder or schizophrenia or any other mental conditions that come with ALTERED states of perception) find that it either helps them recover, or at worst, does nothing for them.

I'm saying that you and your other Alex Jones parrots are misinformed about SSRIs and are confusing those with mood stabilizers and the like, which are prescribed for conditions that come with breaks and distortions of reality and which can affect perception of reality.

You all are confusing SSRIs with those. I'm not a shill for anything, I'm trying to get you to deny ignorance, which is the ethos of this website here.

Go ahead and pull whatever imaginary rank you have on me for whatever imaginary shill infraction I've done here, that's fine. I think I understand why Zoloft would not work for you.

new topics

top topics

join