It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Way Forward

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Hmmmm, maybe but I live in a majority Hispanic district and from what I've seen they're extremely fickle and their rate of voter turnout is spotty at best.

I'd guess Texas could go Blue if the Democrats could succeed in a redistricting effort designed minimize the voting impact of the rural/exurban white voters, effectively disenfranchising them. Problem is.......they'd have to take the Texas Legislature in order to do that.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I'd guess Texas could go Blue if the Democrats could succeed in a redistricting effort designed minimize the voting impact of the rural/exurban white voters, effectively disenfranchising them. Problem is.......they'd have to take the Texas Legislature in order to do that.

I used to live there, so I'm well aware. The whole concept you outline is possible just very very unlikely I think.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Unlikely in the short term.

It would take a major economic jolt resulting in tens of thousands of layoffs to effectuate a change. Problem is, there's only 2 years to get that done since 2020 is a census year and 2021 would be the Texas redistricting cycle.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join