It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Way Forward

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Probably one of the most important stories I've read in a long time can be found at:
www.americanthinker.com...

I, for one, watched with fascination as the results from the 2018 mid-terms election rolled in from California and then watched as the results were changed days after the election. Hmmm, how does that happen.

The result of course was that California Democrats have finally secured their grip on the State and have made it entirely a one party State. How did they do that?

They passed three key laws and made some procedural changes that near insured the result!

Three laws in particular combined to stack the deck against Republicans. First came the Motor Voter law. This meant that as soon as any California resident acquired or renewed his driver's license or state ID, he would be registered to vote automatically. Second, the state legislature authorized counties automatically to send absentee ballots to voters, even if they had not requested those ballots. Third, the rules governing ballot custody were changed so that anyone could turn in absentee ballots, not just the actual voter.

amgreatness.com...

But that's not all folks!

Democrats are salivating in other states to put these measures through, Ring notes. They made gains in the last election, with six new legislative houses and several governorships, and now completely control 14 statehouses, including governor and upper and lower houses, so those states are likely to see the same kind of electoral rigging as California, via new laws.

So, how does this stack up?

Maine is going to get it. Washington is going to get it. Nevada, Colorado, and New Mexico are going to get it. So are Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and Rhode Island. Some, such as Washington and Colorado, likely already have at least some of it, according to various posts on Twitter.

Vermont, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Maryland, and Massachusetts are worth watching for the next tier of Democrat moves to rig absolute control.

By my count, that's 16 states in addition to California! But what gets really interesting? Assuming all these states adopt these laws, look at the total population count for those states.

This folks is how you get to One Party Rule across the entire United States!

Just like......................CHINA!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

This folks is how you get to One Party Rule across the entire United States! 

Just like......................CHINA!

Yay us!?

Then we can have really great laws made once all discussion and debate has been stamped out. I can't wait!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I live in Maine- and I could totally see them pulling that crap here. Three cities pretty much make the rules for all 16 counties- but count for roughly 10% of the states population. They're all in different counties so their influence is pretty spread out. Hard to escape those city slicker and their high taxes!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

If Demographics is destiny than yea, I can pretty much see Texas going this way over the course of the next 10 years. In Texas there are Houston, DFW, San Antonio and of course Austin that are all Democrat strongholds.

Its probably just a matter of time.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Its an interesting phenomenon. If you think about it, once it happens as it has in Cali, then what you have are the "Primaries" as elections in which you choose your "poison" between 2 or 3 Democrats competing for nomination to run for a position in an election. Typically, there isn't even a Republican interested in running in a lot of races so they're uncontested. Going forward, there's ever fewer Republican candidates running for any of the available offices.

The end result............the "General Elections" are nothing more than a confirmation process.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Three laws in particular combined to stack the deck against Republicans. First came the Motor Voter law. This meant that as soon as any California resident acquired or renewed his driver's license or state ID, he would be registered to vote automatically. Second, the state legislature authorized counties automatically to send absentee ballots to voters, even if they had not requested those ballots. Third, the rules governing ballot custody were changed so that anyone could turn in absentee ballots, not just the actual voter.

Moter voter law.. encludes Republican voters as well
Absentee ballots... encludes Republican voters as well
Ballot custody,,,,,, encludes Repubican voters as well

How does any of that ''stack'' the vote in favor of the Democrats?

And the motor voter law does not automatically register people to vote. It automates registration but does not automatically register voters. It does not automatically register non-citizens as voters. Here is the LA times on the bill

www.latimes.com...

And here is the bill itself

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov...

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Ok, maybe I'm way off here and not understanding what your trying to get across. But, it seems like your complaining about government initiatives that entice more eligible voters to actually cast their vote... Because you think it somehow unfairly benefits democrats.

IMO, the fact you think that more people casting their vote is an unfair advantage for 'your party', is more just a reflection of your disdain for a truly democratic system.... by definition.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

actually it just favors the current power structure, which happens to be democrat. It certainly helps to enshrine the ruling classes position, keeping others from different classes from bridging the gap.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carlncarl

actually it just favors the current power structure, which happens to be democrat. It certainly helps to enshrine the ruling classes position, keeping others from different classes from bridging the gap.

How so?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

try turning in your own ballot if you are outside the power structure.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carlncarl

try turning in your own ballot if you are outside the power structure.

Enlighten me... What would happen if you turned in a ballot, "outside the power structure"?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

nothing, that is the whole point

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Actually, I don't have a politcal party.

The way these laws come together to benefit the Dems in Cali is that unlike the Repubs, the Dems are highly organized and well manned with high numbers of volonteers. They harvested votes after the election day by sending out 1000 volonteers to collect mail in ballots and they specifically targeted voters known to support the Dem party.

As much as anything, the experience in Cali points up just how "dead on arrival" the Republican party in Cali is.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
we need an upheaval, like one that takes the power structure in this country and give them a taste of their own medicine

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Actually, I don't have a politcal party.

The way these laws come together to benefit the Dems in Cali is that unlike the Repubs, the Dems are highly organized and well manned with high numbers of volonteers. They harvested votes after the election day by sending out 1000 volonteers to collect mail in ballots and they specifically targeted voters known to support the Dem party.

As much as anything, the experience in Cali points up just how "dead on arrival" the Republican party in Cali is.

Is there a law that prevents the Republicans from getting highly organized and well manned?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

It would seem that these measures are to get more people to register and vote.
How does this give an advantage to democrats?
Do you instead favor voter suppression where a hyphen in your name can disqualify you if it wasn't there when you first registered? Or having your absentee ballot picked up at your home by someone you dont know but who identifies himself as from the election board? Then you hope that your ballot makes it to the counting stage.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Hmmm, maybe; but it would kinda like be a law of nature; kind of like natural selection.

You can sort of see it at work every time the Republicans control BOTH houses of Congress AND the Presidency. Gridlock! Yea...............ONE PARTY GRIDLOCK. Step back and think about that for a moment. Its kinda like the old and rather bad joke about Italian Firing squads being circular with the intended victim in the middle.

There's a natural law at work there but..........I can't quite put a definition on it.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

a reply to: lordcomac

If Demographics is destiny than yea, I can pretty much see Texas going this way over the course of the next 10 years. In Texas there are Houston, DFW, San Antonio and of course Austin that are all Democrat strongholds.

Its probably just a matter of time.

They've been saying this FOREVER. Unfortunately, as much as I'd like them to be right, I suspect a large majority of Hispanic voters in Texas will/are growing into the backbone of the Texas Republican party. I don't think Texas is ever going to not be red.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yea, you're absolutely correct! Its all about getting the maximum number of people registered to vote and then mailing all of them absentee mail in ballots and then figuring out which ones regularly vote Democrat when they bother to vote and then.........when they don't show up to vote.........sending people around to get them to fill in their ballots and collecting them and turning them in 7 days after the polls close.

Or having your absentee ballot picked up at your home by someone you dont know but who identifies himself as from the election board?

That's exactly what they are doing! Its called ballot harvesting.

BTW, I'm not in favor of suppressing the vote but I do think the right to vote should be limited to US Citizens. Although, with the way things are going, I could well throw in the towel and say..........O.K., let non-citizens vote. Hell, just send Democrat Party operatives out to help them fill in the Ballots!

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Sillyolme

Yea, you're absolutely correct! Its all about getting the maximum number of people registered to vote and then mailing all of them absentee mail in ballots and then figuring out which ones regularly vote Democrat when they bother to vote and then.........when they don't show up to vote.........sending people around to get them to fill in their ballots and collecting them and turning them in 7 days after the polls close.

Or having your absentee ballot picked up at your home by someone you dont know but who identifies himself as from the election board?

That's exactly what they are doing! Its called ballot harvesting.

BTW, I'm not in favor of suppressing the vote but I do think the right to vote should be limited to US Citizens. Although, with the way things are going, I could well throw in the towel and say..........O.K., let non-citizens vote. Hell, just send Democrat Party operatives out to help them fill in the Ballots!

What you're describing sounds really bad for Democrats, except for one little detail you left out. Its actually Republicans that are doing this for nefarious purposes, and Republican's projecting their own evil unto the Democrats.

See NC 9th district election snafu going on right now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join