It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegan and anger

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not hard at all when you eat vegetables and not meat substitutes !

I manage just fine as a vegetarian ! I eat so much food
nearly as much as I did when I ate meat !

its not just a few months , eating meat knocks years of your life span! as does stress

so dont stress, goto nutrition.org and find a meal plan that works for yoU!
if you are replacing your meat diet with meat substitute then vegetarianism or veganism isnt working !

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Your right! And I have freedom of choice so you live your life and I will live mine. I smoke and drink too so you will not have to deal with me much longer. Just FYI my aunt was vegan, and very healthy. Now she is dead. Cancer. Go figure. a reply to: sapien82

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I guess the location / place you work / friends you keep have something to do with it. The last few jobs I have worked, vegans have never been looked down on, or harassed - there were always alternatives for them at job related events that had food. It's just a given to order lunches with vegan options now.

My current job has a vegan health and fitness coordinator. We have vegans in the office. It's accepted as often a healthier alternative and a great way to lose weight. So... I'm not sure where the OP would be where they are routinely harassed for being vegan. Vegan is a thing now.. many eateries provide healthy or vegan options. Or at least vegetarian ones.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Silly argument unless you're a psychopath. Morals are subjective! Why not torture some people, morals are subjective right!

Well, your other argument is silly too! Plants, fungi, insects, ect… don't have the ability to suffer like we do.

You need some form of objective morality, otherwise nobody is wrong and justice is completely GONE. Sorry, don't want to live in your world. Sure, if I'm on mushrooms or meditating deeply, then everything is subjective. Yet, in a world that needs rules to enforce ethics, subjectivity is not realistic.

Saying "plants feel pain too", or some other sily nonsense just makes you look foolish. You want someone comparing you to the chemical response of a plant when you're put into slavery and tortured?

edit on 7-12-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: blueman12

To make an arguement from history with the morality of eating meat is kind of silly on your part. We are 1000x more civilized today and should act that way.

We haven't gotten more civilized,we just have better ways of killing each other...I think you might be naive.

Ask yourself how many people have been murdered,bombed,shot,executed,assassinated or treated like their lives didn't matter just in this past year alone??

Yeah,we really are more civilized aren't we?

Homosexual or LGBTQ freedom has gotten much better in the past few years. It's not the 70;s or 80s where homosexuals would get beaten up by people. Society has improved that.

Also, many laws and ideas of good have been created by society to help prevent murder. Most people, unless living in a violent ghetto, aren't thinking that this week might be their last.

Yes, we have gotten better ways to kill each other, also have way more freedom of expression. 1000x so. My previous thread discussed how Saudi arabia killed 40+ kids in their attempt to kill rebels via a drone strike.

Openly criticizing the government and it's allies in public could have gotten me in huge trouble in the past. Now, it's not big deal.

I can go on and on, but im sure you get my point. Not sure what your point is? Is it that we are all animals waiting to murder each other?

Sorry man, I dont believe that the world is that sad. You been watching too much horror films.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Realtruth

Silly argument unless you're a psychopath. Morals are subjective! Why not torture some people, morals are subjective right!

Well, your other argument is silly too! Plants, fungi, insects, ect… don't have the ability to suffer like we do.

You need some form of objective morality, otherwise nobody is wrong and justice is completely GONE. Sorry, don't want to live in your world. Sure, if I'm on mushrooms or meditating deeply, then everything is subjective. Yet, in a world that needs rules to enforce ethics, subjectivity is not realistic.

Saying "plants feel pain too", or some other sily nonsense just makes you look foolish. You want someone comparing you to the chemical response of a plant when you're put into slavery and tortured?

So, disagreeing with you and having a broader view of the issue calls for someone to be labeled a psychopath and foolish in your opinion? Nice, inclusive, and welcoming of diversity in thought I see. How very judgmental of you too.

I have seen studies over the years that demonstrated that plants to react in measurable ways to both physical and auditory stimulus. Whether they are "feelings" as humans define them is up for debate. However, just because we do not understand them, yet, doesn't mean someone is a psychopath or silly. After all, the world could not be round, the atom was once silly, and only a psychopath heathen would think that there are worlds outside of the Earth (all newly held beliefs/opinions that were once shunned by the mainstream).

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Sure, but you don't see me creating threads or posts that bash Mormons. Yet, you see tons of articles or posts all across the internet that love to bash vegans.

For some reason, it seems like meat=eaters feel threatened. Or maybe just guilty that they bought that slim-jim at the local gas station and gave their $$ vote towards factory farmed torture.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

No, saying that all morals are subjective is heading towards being a sociopath. Or that the chemical response in plants/algae/fungus/ect.. is no different than the response in humans or animals. Or in other words, lacking any empathy towards things that are able to suffer like you.

My point was that you need objective moralities in society, otherwise everything is okay because all morals are subjective.

If you consider animal or human suffering as the same as plants, then what is going to prevent you from torturing them to see their reactions? We "torture" plants all the time to test reactions. Should we do the same to humans and animals?

UGh! It's like I have to justify not torturing living things because you guys want to make some half-assed pseudo-philophical argumement.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: Krakatoa

You are stating that is is a FACT that animals SHOULDN''T' be harmed. That, my friend, is NOT a fact, that is your opinion. That is your problem with being a vegan.

Strange thing this, no one would disagree if you had said Dogs shouldn't be harmed is a fact.

That would depend what country you are in, wouldn't it? There are some countries that eat dogs....would that comment have a different answer there?

Please, don't try to be arrogant enough to put words in my mouth. It only furthers my point about the approach being biased, and it shows.

In some countries 70% of the people are vegetarian anyway. I have not tried to put words in your mouth and I am not at all arrogant I made an obvious point.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bassface09
Good for you😁! If it makes you happy I am behind you 100%. You are free to eat what you want. A lot of my friends and family are vegan. I on the other hand love meat and will never stop eating it. So my question is will you give me the same respect as I give you? I feel you would. Just know others hate me for my preference. a reply to: Skorpiogurl

I became vegetarian a year after a friend said nothing tastes that good while referring to the horrors of animal treatment and slaughter. She also said we do things when we are ready, she was not in to pushing her arguments on anyone. I had brought the subject up.One day we just stopped eating meat, which was also my favorite flavor wise. But we just saw it one day no nothing tastes THAT good.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The responses I gave were pure satire.

But subjective truths within.
edit on 7-12-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i never hear of meat eaters storming vegan establishments protesting and shouting, but its happned in the uk recently in a steak house.
vegan s storm steak house

and ive never heard someone introduce themselves as a meat eater but plenty of vegans introduce themselves as such. in fact a little antidote '' how to tell someones a vegan, dont need to they will tell you'' rings true alot of the time.
vegans also have this smug know it all attitude and look about them.
I had the unfortunate experience of holidaying with one last year and she never shut up about being vegan, then moaned she couldnt make friends, yet we had a mix of vegetarians meat eaters and everything in between on this holiday, she even moaned a restaurant cared more for a girl on the trip who had a deadly allergy to eggs than her vegan diet yet would live if she ate meat where as the other girl would of died if she had eggs.
i could go on with personal experiences of vegans. we have many in the town im in.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kerrichin

Lol, I've never met a vegan like that in my life, and quite a few friends are vegan.
...see I can do anecdotal as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

No.

Not guilty at all. But I don't buy Slim-Jims. If I want a dried meat, I go buy some and dry my own.

No, it's more likely the cries of, "OMG! You will all die sooner if you eat meat!"

Dude, everyone dies, not everyone really lives.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Lol, I've never met a vegan like that in my life, and quite a few friends are vegan.

I recall the vegan lady who was at a Creole Cafe loudly complaining that there wasn't anything vegan friendly on the menu, and she was berating the poor waitress as if the waitress had any control over it.

I wanted to go up to her after a while and say, "Ma'am, it's Creole food. It is very hard for it be vegan friendly, and please, I think we are all well aware you are vegan now and most of us would like to enjoy our breakfast."

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You can do anecdotal as well

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I am reminded of the book of Daniel in the Bible where a group of men ate only vegetables and drank only water, as God told them. After a period of time they outperformed a group of men who ate steak and drank wine almost every meal. While I do not believe it is wrong to eat meat, and I do on occasion, there is a case for a vegan diet being a better choice.
edit on 7-12-2018 by Theocracy4America because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

thats cool. ill make fake ones this time instead of ones i experienced so it fits your narrative next time, as clearly we must all experience the same

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You can do anecdotal as well

i dont want you to panic but people experience different things and different people.
im chuffed you have nice vegans around you but that doesnt mean those who disagree or experience different than you are lying

but then am i lying who knows (cue evil music)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Lol I'm not calling anyone a liar just calling out the anecdotal evidence for what it is.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join