It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegan and anger

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The thing is, most vegans aren't hardcore like that. Most just want to encourage ethical practices and create awareness. I'm not preventing your lifestyle by telling you why I am vegan and why you should not eat factory farmed meat.

Veganism is a small population and really has no threat to any meat-eater, especially with the giant meat industry and things like ad-gag laws.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I would like to not eat meat, however until someone comes up with a substitute this clip says it all for me.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I love your posts rickymouse - wish you would write endless posts about your food knowledge. Appreciate your input always.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Pretty funny until you think about how pigs are smarter than dogs, yet are condoned to be tortured in the worst conditions because of human gluttony.

congrads. Your morals are based on your taste buds.

Ahh.. animal suffering is hilarious....

edit on 6-12-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Interesting, what do you think of people taking quality mutli-vitamins to supplement all these dietary needs. Both meat-eaters and vegans alike?

A vitamin/nutrient home blood testing device would sell like crazy now if you could make them cheap

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Interesting, what do you think of people taking quality mutli-vitamins to supplement all these dietary needs. Both meat-eaters and vegans alike?

A vitamin/nutrient home blood testing device would sell like crazy now if you could make them cheap

Testing for things in the blood can be just a shapshot of what is happening. Within hours the tests might not match.

If you could get a decent profile of the blood chemistry, you could cherry pick what nutrients a person needed. A lot has to do with genetics, if you cannot properly use B12 then levels in the blood could look right but you are deficient. Same goes for a lot of vitamins and minerals and other supplements. Diet needs to be considered when taking supplements, if you eat a lot of food containing a chemistry, why would you need that kind of supplement. I have a dozen or more specialized supplements on a shelf and after learning properties of them I take them when I need to take them. The only pill I take every day is a multimineral pill, most days I get all the vitamins I need from food. Sometimes my vitamin A goes low and my eyes seem not to focus fast so I take the A for a few days or I have some liver and onions.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Realtruth

Pretty funny until you think about how pigs are smarter than dogs, yet are condoned to be tortured in the worst conditions because of human gluttony.

congrads. Your morals are based on your taste buds.

Ahh.. animal suffering is hilarious....

Morals are subjective.

The way 99.9% of the plant based foods vegans, and vegetarians consume; insects, animals, fungi eco-systems, and little critters get killed, in order to produce it.

Until we can live off of light and water ourselves, no one should be judging anyone.

Ahh.....hypocrisy is blind.

edit on 6-12-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

I'm forced to argue with people about the fact that animals shouldn't be harmed... really?

We as a civilization,wouldn't be sitting here right now if we never killed or ate meat.
First man used to scavenge from predators and get their leftovers.
We then learned to hunt and kill and hence we survived.
A simple fact you might not have thought of.

Thank the meat eaters that you are sitting here today and have the freedom to have the choice not to eat it.
In the old days of mankind...you'd be dead.

I respect your choice but you might want to get your facts straight first.

The first men weren't eating meat that was raised on gm corn, growth hormone pills and antibiotics. Add to that the leftover things such as brains and spinal cords that are added back into the feed as well.

The responses I've seen so far are typical to what the OP talks about. The responses to veganism are vicious and probably contain a healthy dose of jealousy I think. All the noise comes from these miss informed meat eaters who think they know better than everyone else, rather than the other way around.

Meat today ain't like meat thousands of years ago. It certainly isn't a healthy choice, so don't kid yourself.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
When you have a choice, and choose cruelty, your own well-being is in jeopardy.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

originally posted by: stosh64
First you say,

I don't go around feeling or acting like I am better than anyone

Then you prove yourself wrong.

Furthermore, lately it's been really getting to me that I actually live in a world where I'm forced to argue with people about the fact that animals shouldn't be harmed

Sounds to me like you are not telling the true story.

No one is forcing you to argue, I get the feeling it is the other way around.

I have vegans as family members. They are the only ones who bring it up, constantly.

I dont care what anyone eats, screws or worships.

Just don't virtue signal your perceived superiority and we will get along just great.

Well it's like this...
I say nothing and cook my meal and/or place my order. And the looks... what are you eating? you don't eat meat? and then come the endless questions that almost always end up in someone getting defensive without being prompted too. I don't have perceived superiority and I don't have actual superiority. I don't give a crap what anyone eats or doesn't eat and no one should care what I eat in return. That's all. Really.

As someone who's been vegan for almost 30 years, I've also been dealing with this for almost 30 years. Same deal as you. I don't push it on anyone, don't try to convince anyone to do it, and fully agreed, someone will overhear me ordering, or some fool at a party will get all riled up and defensive cause I don't want cake and once I tell him I'm vegan and don't eat it it's like the war is on. GTFO with your bulsht insecurities. Nowhere was I trying to convince you to do anything. Eat the whole cake yourself. I could care less. I will say this though, it's a whole lot better these days than it was decades ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: Krakatoa

You are stating that is is a FACT that animals SHOULDN''T' be harmed. That, my friend, is NOT a fact, that is your opinion. That is your problem with being a vegan.

Strange thing this, no one would disagree if you had said Dogs shouldn't be harmed is a fact.

That would depend what country you are in, wouldn't it? There are some countries that eat dogs....would that comment have a different answer there?

Please, don't try to be arrogant enough to put words in my mouth. It only furthers my point about the approach being biased, and it shows.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Ok sport.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Unfortunately veganism (and some other diets and dietary choices) has become embroiled in a wider right-wing/left-wing culture war.

You must be either this or that, no space for individuality.

Similarly, if you're lgbt (me being "g" and "b"), you must suddenly agree with everything that movement says.

No space for compromise if you choose a politically loaded lifestyle label.
edit on 7-12-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

EGO

Human EGO

that is the reason why you are forced to argue. Non vegetarian and non vegans really only eat meat and others foods because of EGO
the whole food industry is EGO

we want flavour , texture, smell , visual , taste
all for nothing but satisfaction , nothing to do with just eating to survive !

we eat the vast majority of the # we do because we want satisfaction and never ending happiness from food
we love to satisfy our ego's

Meat eaters , sorry but its scientifically proven that eating meat increases your risk of heart disease, stroke and cancer by 27% for every 1 milligram of heme iron you consume DAILY

Men , will refuse to stop eating meat, because somehow its an assualt on their masculinity ! and unless they decide to go through with veganism or vegetarianism by their own volition , there is no point in trying to convice them!

my male friends , my dad , my relatives, all argue with me , that some how I am less of a man , for looking after my health by choosing not to eat meat! ( I will sadly have the last laugh )

STOP I mean just forget about the fact you are killing yourself from eating meat and increasing your risk of death every time you eat meat.

if that isnt bad enough , you are also destroying the planet and homeworld for future generations of children , of your children !

then of course you are also causing untold suffering for millions of sentient beings !

but yeh , some people just dont want to change , and that is because their EGO prevents them

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

To make an arguement from history with the morality of eating meat is kind of silly on your part. We are 1000x more civilized today and should act that way.

We haven't gotten more civilized,we just have better ways of killing each other...I think you might be naive.

Ask yourself how many people have been murdered,bombed,shot,executed,assassinated or treated like their lives didn't matter just in this past year alone??

Yeah,we really are more civilized aren't we?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

The thing is, most vegans aren't hardcore like that. Most just want to encourage ethical practices and create awareness. I'm not preventing your lifestyle by telling you why I am vegan and why you should not eat factory farmed meat.

Veganism is a small population and really has no threat to any meat-eater, especially with the giant meat industry and things like ad-gag laws.

Dude, most people who are sincerely religious just want to educate you on why you should embrace their lifestyle and belief systems because they think it's a better way, and they get met with hostility by most other people. Take it from a Christian.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
lets just reiterate

eating meat is scientifically proven to increase your risk of Heart disease, stroke and cancer by 27% per every 1 milligram of heme iron you consume from meat DAILY !

just let that sink in, forget about animal suffering and the planet first !

If all you care about is yourself , then think about that !

all those stubborn meat eaters who refuse to go vegan or veggie, you are only shortening your life span for momentary satisfaction !

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Indeed , many famous humans have said that it is we humans who are cruel not nature.

"To insult someone we call him or her bestial , For deliberate cruelty , and nature , Human might be the greater insult." issac asimov

"Man is the cruelest animal "- Neitzsche

"All cruelty stems from weakness "- Seneca

"people speak about the bestial cruelty of man , but that is terribly unjust and offensive to beasts no animal could ever be so cruel as man , so artfully , so artistically cruel "- dostoyevsky

"It is from the bible that man has learned cruelty , rapine, and murder , for the belief in a cruel god ,makes a cruel man !"tom payne

"The ultimate tradegy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people , but the silence over that by the good" - martin luther king jr

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

And if I must live my life miserable to enjoy a few more months of miserable life ... what is the point?

Right now, I am engaged in weight loss and counting calories. Do you know how hard it is to hit a calorie target eating vegetable matter alone?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Good for you😁! If it makes you happy I am behind you 100%. You are free to eat what you want. A lot of my friends and family are vegan. I on the other hand love meat and will never stop eating it. So my question is will you give me the same respect as I give you? I feel you would. Just know others hate me for my preference. a reply to: Skorpiogurl

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join