It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun Family Facts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IAMTAT

I had a great-great uncle who was hung for horse thieving.

All my male ancestors were hung too.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My grandmother's cousin fell down while feeding a pig, knocked herself out and the pig ate her head.

I never did ask what they did with the pig.

Another reason why you'd NEVER own a pig mask.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I'd tell you that's where I get my morbid sense of humor from but a more likely candidate is the 1st grade protection racket I ran and how we dealt with the kids who couldn't pay the vigorish.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I was surprised many years ago when a Cousin did the family genealogy on my Mom's side. We discovered that we were direct descendants of King Charlemagne. On my Dad's side, one guy married an Indian Princess but then chose her way of life and lived amongst the Natives, I forget from where, not here in the U.S. I have ancestry from all over the place as most of us do and am mostly French and Irish.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I had a great-great uncle who was hung for horse thieving.

All my male ancestors were hung too.

I bet it makes you mad as hell that it skipped your generation.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: KKLOCO

a reply to: JAGStorm

Those are ALL great stories, JAG.

My mom just had her family tree done...and discovered her family came over on the Mayflower.

WTH? My ancestors on my moms side came over on the Mayflower as well. Wiki says there were 102 passengers and approximately 30 crew members. That’s crazy we share the same history from such a small pool of people.

Ok, how weird to think that your moms ancestors and IAMTAT ancestors could have been on the Mayflower having a chat about the New World, AND now in 2018 here we are on ATS talking about it.

There is just something deep about that............

Very weird to say the least. The question is, what would they think of this world 398 years after their discussion?

IAMTAT - where you live? We got to get a beer buddy!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

My mom just had her family tree done...and discovered her family came over on the Mayflower.

WTH? My ancestors on my moms side came over on the Mayflower as well. Wiki says there were 102 passengers and approximately 30 crew members. That’s crazy we share the same history from such a small pool of people.

I think about 40 of those passengers were Puritans...Mom's family line were among the Puritans.

You’re more educated on the details of your family than I am on mine. I need to go do some digging.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I think about 40 of those passengers were Puritans...Mom's family line were among the Puritans.

You’re more educated on the details of your family than I am on mine. I need to go do some digging.

This may help:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
My grandfather and grandmother were cousins five times removed, but they didn't know it until grandma did the family genealogy.

I really bumped into Carl Lewis at a track meet once.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I actually just found out they really did use to use horses to make glue lol. I've watched the Grinch a million times with my daughter and when he says the line "I want a pony so I can ride it once, get bored, then sell it to make your!" was just a random sentence lol

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Thanks for the link! Now let’s see if my mom and I can figure this out.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Safe bet our ancestors knew each other. Imagine hundreds of years later, here we are talking about them.
Good Luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join