It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South and South East U.S. ready for Winter Storm Diego?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hello my fellow southerners I was watching JonXArmy on youtube yesterday and he had a live stream on the “Blizzard of the century incoming” but did not have a lot of info on the prediction. So as all good ATSers do, I got to researching. I found this meteorologist David Schlotthauer on youtube that describes the prediction models and what is causing the storm front.

He uses the euro model for most of his data source.

Latest video

Precipitation prediction as of Dec 5

Snow fall prediction as of Dec 5

Looks like its going to snow everwhere around me

Side note I have notices a lot more Con/Chem trails of the past few days in the skys...connection somehow?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

To far south for me.
And as for chemtrails...
I have been able to see through the clouds for a week.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Side note I have notices a lot more Con/Chem trails of the past few days in the skys...connection somehow?

I'm sure it has more to do with El Nino waters in the Pacific.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm hoping the bull's eye is a certain roof of a certain Mason's home in Dunn, North Carolina. He needs to know what it feels like.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm hoping the bull's eye is a certain roof of a certain Mason's home in Dunn, North Carolina. He needs to know what it feels like.

Ha! If they get more than 6 inches they'll be done.... Get it?

Also that's what she said.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm hoping the snow goes all John Holmes on him.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The South says snow storm of the century when they get 1/8 of an inch. I could not believe
seeing grown men wear blankets outside. Southerners lose their minds when there is any snow, like even a light dusting.
It is truly the weirdest thing to watch as a Midwesterner. We got over a foot of snow and they wouldn't even
close the schools here. They finally closed schools here when it was -38 with windchill because the buses had a hard time starting. It is around 21 here right now and I still see lots of people in short!

Wisconsin = beer & cheese keeps your blood warm

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Hey, look on the bright side,you can be thankful you aren't in Canada!!

We have snow, its supposed to drop to -18 C overnight, and it isn't even officially winter yet.

Good luck and make sure to have a nice hot soup ready for when you come in from the cold!!

Hmmmm...someone should make a winter soup or winter foods thread??

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

We have snow, its supposed to drop to -18 C overnight, and it isn't even officially winter yet.

-18Celsius...hmmmm, let's see, multiply by something, carry the one....that's like 150*F below zero. Will you guys put on coats at that point when you're ice fishing?

edit on 6-12-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The South says snow storm of the century when they get 1/8 of an inch. I could not believe

Nowadays there are so many transplants, I think it has more to do with people having summer tires in the south along with only having a few plows for some of the states.

Here it is more of the mountains and hilly terrain that causes havoc with snow of 4+ inches. 4 wheel drive with summer tires just means four tires spinning.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

-18Celsius...hmmmm, let's see, multiply by something, carry the one....that's like 150*F below zero. Will you guys put on coats at that point when you're ice fishing?

Maybe.... But what it really means is it's time to send it.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
wheres the global warming now!?!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Yup gonna be a direct hit for me this weekend. Time to get groceries and a new video game

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Local news here in northeastern Oklahoma says that the entire northern half of the state, from the panhandle to the Arkansas border is supposed to have snow,sleet, and freezing rain. Last time we had a storm like that here, the ice was so thick it froze over the bottom of the wheels on my car. It was completely frozen to the parking lot. I had to use hot water and a hammer and screwdriver to free my car, then the rest of my kitty litter to get the car out of the ruts in the ice. There was at least 4 inches of solid ice on the ground, and encasing everything else. We lost power for nearly a week in the dead of winter, and there are still dead trees all over the place from the branches breaking under the weight of the ice. That was a crazy week, and I am fully uninterested in repeating that experience.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think any snow and ice where it normally doesn't occur is a setup for hilarity on the roads. Bonus points for a hill with black ice.

Then there are knot-heads slowing down in front of semi on sloped overpass until the trailer breaks traction and slids sideways.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I already have five foot banks where I plow the snow. Only a foot and a half on the ground though. I don't mind it, I can blow them back with the 80 inch snowblower on my tractor if they get too crowded in so I can't plow. I went through three quarters of a tank of gas plowing so far in the truck, that is a record, I usually get to that about the end of December.

I hope we get a mild spell and the snow all melts for Christmas. Otherwise it is going to be a long F...... winter.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
We call this "Fall" in Canada.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just so long as it stays south. I have a hip replacement to travel to this weekend.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

seeing grown men wear blankets outside. Southerners lose their minds when there is any snow, like even a light dusting.
It is truly the weirdest thing to watch as a Midwesterner. We got over a foot of snow and they wouldn't even
close the schools here. They finally closed schools here when it was -38 with windchill because the buses had a hard time starting. It is around 21 here right now and I still see lots of people in short!

Wisconsin = beer & cheese keeps your blood warm

I’ll wager you live in the flatlands. Here in the Tennessee mountains it’s sliding down the hill that get you.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'll get nothing but rain out of this.

Haven't seen snow in about 4 or 5 years. Always goes around us.

new topics

top topics

join