It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devotion to Trump is based on emotional patterns most people grow out of by age five

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not going to argue his platform has holes in it.

And I certainly don't want taxes to go up.

All that said, both parties have been championing bloated federal spending with little to show for it.

6~ trillion and counting spent post 9/11 in the Middle East. The second we leave Iraq and Afghanistan will be taken back the second we leave.

All for nothing.

And you will find absolutely NO disagreement from me on that point, particularly on the underlined statement! Absolutely NONE!

Biggest, most colossal, waste of lives, money and effort in the history of mankind, bar none!

This is why the REAL political party should be not the Democratic Party, or the Republican Party, but rather the...Anti-Establishment Party!

Hey, one can dream, right?

Agree.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Kid, I have been on ATS since 2007. Sillyolme has been here since 2016.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I haven't seen any facts in this thread yet. I can only speak for myself, but I think the reason so many folks are devoted to Trump is because Trump is devoted to Americans. Every one of my family and friends have benefited through higher wages and greater benefits. Less stress and worry goes a long way. I finally see the hope that was promised by Obama. I have been a die hard liberal for all of my adult life, I was voting with my bleeding heart. I vote with my head now.

Here are a few facts for you.

American Income Median household income rose to $61,372 in 2017, a post-recession high. Wages up in August by their fastest rate since June 2009. Paychecks rose by 3.3 percent between 2016 and 2017, the most in a decade. Council of Economic Advisers found that real wage compensation has grown by 1.4 percent over the past year. Some 3.9 million Americans off food stamps since the election. Median income for Hispanic-Americans rose by 3.7 percent and surpassed $50,000 for the first time ever in history. Home-ownership among Hispanics is at the highest rate in nearly a decade. Poverty rates for African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans have reached their lowest levels ever recorded.

There are a few more in this link.
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

edit on 6-12-2018 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm off for the night guys. I'm trying a different style of posting to see how it works without detailed answers because that wastes my time.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
And the opposition's continual obsession with everything Trump is like a dog to a bone.
edit on 6-12-2018 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
So if Trump would just kill all of the leftists then we would be in paradise. Seems straightforward.

(post by Middleoftheroad removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The right response following 9-11 most likely would have been to nuke western Ass-krackistan along the Pakistani border and call it a day.

edit on 12/6/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The right response following 9-11 most likely would have been to nuke northern Ass-krackistan and call it a day.

OH MY......
0-60 man 0-60.....
Almost spilled some coffee dude

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz

Yale psychiatrist explains how devotion to Trump is based on emotional patterns most people grow out of by age five

Raw Story: In your opinion, what are the emotions driving Donald Trump’s base?

Bandy X. Lee: The sense of grandiose omnipotence that he displays seems especially appealing to his emotionally-needy followers. No matter what the world says, he fights back against criticism, continues to lie in the face of truth, and above all is still president. What matters is that he is winning, not whether he is honest or law-abiding. This may seem puzzling to the rest of us, but when you are overcome with feelings of powerlessness, this type of cartoonish, exaggerated force is often more important than true ability. This is the more primitive morality, as we call it, of “might makes right,” which in normal development you grow out of by age five.

But, in this case, Trump appeals to that childlike degree of emotional development? Why?

Strongman-type personalities are very appealing in times of socioeconomic or political crisis, as the population is less able to think rationally but is rather overcome with fear, or desire to draw strength from fantastical ideas. This happens to normal people in times of stress, or to people whose development has been stunted because of emotional injury. The problem is, the person who promises the impossible and states, “I alone can fix it,” and gives himself an A+ on his performance, is not a strong person who can deliver but the opposite. So Mr. Trump’s “base“ looks for someone to rescue them and their intense yearning does not allow them to see through his deception, while Mr. Trump senses better than anyone their needs (they are his) and makes use of them for his own benefit—even as he disdains his supporters for being so gullible. In this manner, they fulfill each other’s emotional needs in a mutually unhealthy way.

www.rawstory.com...

This is absolutely true. From browsing ATS, the majority of pro-Trump posts here are simply rants at so called "liberals" without any regard for the truth. Rather than looking towards the future, it's "make america great again". Rather than have an actual vision, they simply bark like dogs at "liberals". Rather than face the truth, they lie and make it sound like they are "winning".

In reality they are emotionally needy. Weak. Fragile. And terrified of losing their power.

The question is to the reader. Are you a 5 year old or are you an adult?

How many of the replies here are going to be dog barks at "liberals", "leftists", "globalists" and crazy insane rants, rather than a rational vision for the future?

This is so easy to defer its not even worth anyone's time.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Says a mouth piece for a group of people that wants a nanny state. Oh the irony and hypocrisy.

link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
So if Trump would just kill all of the leftists then we would be in paradise. Seems straightforward.

No. If the leftists would stop viewing this a moral good v. evil thing and simply go back to philosophical differences so we could all agree to disagree and then hash out our respective points of view in a respectful manner, we might make some headway, but so long as this is the generational struggle of good v. evil in our time ... we're headed for real disaster.

They don't need to be like me; they need to simply respect me.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
ha ha I believe it...

Of course YOU do. It's because you are an idiot. Willing to lap up whatever confirms your leftist delusions.

If anyone is prime recruiting material for a cult on this site, it's you.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
www.youtube.com...

And just perhaps we were finally sick of the status-quo. The entrenched evil and lawlessness the US government had cultivated..... Just maybe we see President Donald Trump our champion.

a reply to: Plotus

www.youtube.com...

And just perhaps we were finally sick of the status-quo. The entrenched evil and lawlessness the US government had cultivated..... Just maybe we see President Donald Trump our champion.

Trump has increased defense spending, doesn't care about social issues which will drive incarcerated citizens upwards, and got the vote from evangelicals. Trump is increasing all the bad things in your video. Now he is your champion? What?

In the video you linked, the protagonist talked about what used to make America Great.

These were:
- Standing up for what's right.
- Waging wars on poverty.
- Sacrificing for and caring for your neighbors.
- Never beating its chest
- Acted like men
- Foster technological achievements and explore the stars
- Foster greatest artists and the worlds greatest economy

And this apparently was because Americans were informed.

Trump is failing on most, succeeding on maybe one (economy), and too early to tell for the others (explore stars, technological achievements).

edit on 6/12/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The right response following 9-11 most likely would have been to nuke western Ass-krackistan along the Pakistani border and call it a day.

I'm sure that was tongue and cheek/satirical, but keep in mind that Bin Laden was actually Saudi just hiding for lack of a better terms in Afghanistan, a good portion of the people living there are rural farmers or herders who have little contact with the outside world. I'm sure they were more concerned with survival and day to day life than politics of the nation of the whole, hell I'd be surprised if they had a strong grasp on who he was or the fact that he was there.

Keep in mind that country has a more regional tribal government type system than a federal one.

No one but him and his followers should have paid for his sins.

That's not how it panned out though.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The 9/11 terrorist attackers were mainly Saudi and Saudi backed. All Trump does is defend Saudi Arabia.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Did Trump supporters respect Clinton? The other guy admitted that the right hates Clinton because she is a criminal (apparently).

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The 9/11 terrorist attackers were mainly Saudi and Saudi backed. All Trump does is defend Saudi Arabia.

In all fairness, every president has since WWII when we set up a deal to be their main oil beneficiary in return for US defense.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

That's true and a similar points applies to the other side.

Each thinks the other is the problem. I have basically given up since it will be decades before this is changed, if ever. It's some game, the conflict, people want to win not realizing it is how to lose the game.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So according to the OP half the country are 5 year olds that voted for Trump. What does that make the other half that voted for Kankles? Enlightened? You still lost.. Get over it and move on already.

MAGA...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join