It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devotion to Trump is based on emotional patterns most people grow out of by age five

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Interesting perspective, thanks. I see what you're saying.

However, I thought Bernie Sanders was to the left of most Democrats. Wouldn't Trump supporters hate Bernie Sanders even more?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

"I like him because people hate him".

What?

This is what the source talks about:

Strongman-type personalities are very appealing in times of socioeconomic or political crisis, as the population is less able to think rationally but is rather overcome with fear, or desire to draw strength from fantastical ideas. This happens to normal people in times of stress, or to people whose development has been stunted because of emotional injury. The problem is, the person who promises the impossible and states, “I alone can fix it,” and gives himself an A+ on his performance, is not a strong person who can deliver but the opposite. So Mr. Trump’s “base“ looks for someone to rescue them and their intense yearning does not allow them to see through his deception, while Mr. Trump senses better than anyone their needs (they are his) and makes use of them for his own benefit—even as he disdains his supporters for being so gullible. In this manner, they fulfill each other’s emotional needs in a mutually unhealthy way.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

This is absolutely true. From browsing ATS, the majority of pro-Trump posts here are simply rants at so called "liberals" without any regard for the truth. Rather than looking towards the future, it's "make america great again". Rather than have an actual vision, they simply bark like dogs at "liberals". Rather than face the truth, they lie and make it sound like they are "winning".

Let's get to some kind of worthy discussion here. Why don't you start by listing an example of the above in regards to "no regard for the truth" or having an actual vision.

edit on 6-12-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz

Interesting perspective, thanks. I see what you're saying.

However, I thought Bernie Sanders was to the left of most Democrats. Wouldn't Trump supporters hate Bernie Sanders even more?

Bernie is certainly further left of Democrats, but in a way that doesn't fall into line with the neo-liberal scope.

Lately Democrats have been pro-war (this actually goes back to WWII as they started embracing American exceptionalism), pro-corporation (especially in the tech industry), in all reality the only thing that seems to be similar is their approach to the environment.

I don't think many Trump supporters like Bernie or the idea of him winning office, but I think many would say they respect him more for being anti-establishment, and at least he seems genuine.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn

You realize he was a Democrat for ever before he ran for president right? And he sure isn't really a republican.

Are you seriously telling me that Trump is not a Republican? He got the Republican nomination, ergo, he is a Republican.

Actually, you want to know something that will really hurt your feelings? Reagan started out as a democrat too.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Conveniently left out the populist factor

Trump is a manifestation of anti globalism and corruption in government, among many other factors

It’s happening all across the western world and hundreds of millions are in support of this rising distrust in our political systems

To say it’s because they’re 5 year olds is hilarious

It’s ABSOLUTELY AMAZING to see the left waking more people up to their utter lunacy and stupidities and inabilities to describe what they’re really seeing

It means they have NO CHANCE to combat the monolithic shift and awakening since they cannot identify the problem first and be honest about it just damages their cause further, they’re no longer engaged in politics but displaying FASCISM and propaganda

The more the left cries lies and tantrums with fake news and BS while insulting the intelligence of people it want to pursued, the more they’ll lose

Keep up the good work lefties, exposing yourselves better than we ever could

edit on 6-12-2018 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

This one warrants quoting. A perfect example of just how misinformed the left truly is!

The right doesn't "hate" democrats. They may not agree with them, but they don't "hate" them. The right "hates" Hillary Clinton! And the reason the right doesn't "hate" Bernie Sanders 'more' is because Bernie Sanders isn't a...CRIMINAL!

Now, the left on the other hand, well, they "hate" everyone!
edit on 12/6/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Go to the mudpit forum, and search for the word "democrat", "leftist", "clinton".

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

The problem with Bernie is that he wanted to raise enough in new taxes to pay for his "free" stuff (see the contradiction there? If it's "free," we don't actually have to pay for it through new taxes ...) that if he actually did raise that much in taxes we could have paid off the debt. But he didn't want to pay of the debt ... Oh, No! He wanted to pay for more "free" stuff.

The problem with massive federal spending programs is that they never come in even close to their original projected costs, and the expected revenues from new taxes never come close because anyone whose worth anything figures out how to avoid those taxes as much as possible. Don't you? So there is always a shortfall.

So the debt goes up. And once you have promised people a thing, you cannot un-promise it.

So we accelerated the total financial collapse of the government and economy.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Deetermined

Go to the mudpit forum, and search for the word "democrat", "leftist", "clinton".

So? Go and search the vile things said about the other side. Do you expect people to just tamely be insulted without getting upset? Only thing is that the abuse is a free for all in the broader culture, not just here.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not going to argue his platform has holes in it.

And I certainly don't want taxes to go up.

All that said, both parties have been championing bloated federal spending with little to show for it.

6~ trillion and counting spent post 9/11 in the Middle East. The second we leave Iraq and Afghanistan will be taken back the second we leave.

All for nothing.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I haven't seen any facts in this thread yet. I can only speak for myself, but I think the reason so many folks are devoted to Trump is because Trump is devoted to Americans. Every one of my family and friends have benefited through higher wages and greater benefits. Less stress and worry goes along way. I finally see the hope that was promised by Obama. I have been a die hard liberal for all of my adult life, I was voting with my bleeding heart. I vote with my head now.

Here are a few facts for you.

American Income Median household income rose to $61,372 in 2017, a post-recession high. Wages up in August by their fastest rate since June 2009. Paychecks rose by 3.3 percent between 2016 and 2017, the most in a decade. Council of Economic Advisers found that real wage compensation has grown by 1.4 percent over the past year. Some 3.9 million Americans off food stamps since the election. Median income for Hispanic-Americans rose by 3.7 percent and surpassed $50,000 for the first time ever in history. Home-ownership among Hispanics is at the highest rate in nearly a decade. Poverty rates for African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans have reached their lowest levels ever recorded.

There are a few more in this link.

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Plenty on the Right, do in fact, hate Democrats. Are you blind?

Trump is a criminal, which is why his cronies keep getting indicted. Why do you support one criminal, but not the other "criminal"?

link   

Like I said, once you have promised people something, you cannot unpromise it. Democrats know this and that's why they champion free stuff. It makes people dependent on government. Why do you think they trot out the "grandma eating dog or cat food" thing every time we talk about Medicare and Medicaid and/or SS reform? And those are three things that desperately NEED to be reformed because all three eat up more spending than funding our military even with wartime actions three times over.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Good question...

logic indicating that if someone believes in lies and following/supporting the liar then him/herself must be the liar too no matter the race.

I am not saying that all Americans are liars but certainly the creep followers/supporters are! It is usual disease to lie to the others.. But lie yourself and believe in it… is way out of league.

My logic says that, don’t know about yours…

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not going to argue his platform has holes in it.

And I certainly don't want taxes to go up.

All that said, both parties have been championing bloated federal spending with little to show for it.

6~ trillion and counting spent post 9/11 in the Middle East. The second we leave Iraq and Afghanistan will be taken back the second we leave.

All for nothing.

And you will find absolutely NO disagreement from me on that point, particularly on the underlined statement! Absolutely NONE!

Biggest, most colossal, waste of lives, money and effort in the history of mankind, bar none!

This is why the REAL political party should be not the Democratic Party, nor the Republican Party, but rather the...Anti-Establishment Party!

Hey, one can dream, right?
edit on 12/6/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

If you are getting hostility, perhaps you should look in a mirror.

There is an old saying, treat others like you wish to be treated. Most of us still think you're just wrong, but it long ago become apparent that you've shifted the battlespace from a mere disagreement to a battle between good and evil, putting us squarely in the category of evil and we've been treated accordingly.

You cannot treat people as if they are evil and less than (look at your original OP piece again) and expect to be responded to with equanimity for long before people get as angry at you as you are at us. Your OP operates from the position that we are less than, and is working toward less than human as it makes us less than adult.

In cultures around the world, when one group makes the other less than, morally depraved and dehumanized, violence on a horrific scales is not long in following. Certainly hostility begins to ramp up.

link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Thanks for the link. However my concern is the view that Trump is responsible for all gains to the economy. The economy was gaining momentum during Obama.

In addition, US defect spending is out of control, and Trump doesn't care because he will be out of office (his words). It is not sustainable.
edit on 6/12/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

link   
You should just stick with the Sillyolme account. Making new accounts won't magically make you any more prevalent here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Amen brother.

We'd all have to set aside some differences at some point when the right candidate comes along... That's a large task in not sure our society is capable of doing the way we are trending.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join