It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devotion to Trump is based on emotional patterns most people grow out of by age five

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Do I take a number, or something?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

so you agree with this person, and think your OP is the "adult" way to go about this?

link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Since 1965

Democrats
3 indictments
1 conviction
1 prison sentence

Republicans
120 indictments
89 convictions
34 prison sentences
(and counting!)

Republicans also got the US involved in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Vietnam.

You realize that regulations are often beneficial and taxes pay for things so that debt can be kept under control?
edit on 6/12/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

link   

I don't think the cults like you neither

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Wish I could gave you 1000 starts for your post,I really DO hate this creep Orange [P]resident, his family and his stupid followers in ATS.

link   
a reply to: Deetermined

. If it takes dirty tactics to take down dirty actors, so be it. That's a Trump supporter in a nutshell.

That is trump in a nutshell. He is a dirty player and he is certain that everyone else is as dirty and low as he is.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You would believe a dwarf if he was in his anti-trump fancy dress.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: Plotus

Do I take a number, or something?

Naa, my people will call your people, I'll send you an e-mail, we'll do lunch first......

+4 more 
link   

originally posted by: Qboneq

Wish I could gave you 1000 starts for your post,I really DO hate this creep Orange [P]resident, his family and his stupid followers in ATS.

It's because of people like this that I support Trump.

Keep on goin!

link   

originally posted by: C0bzz

Yale psychiatrist explains how devotion to Trump is based on emotional patterns most people grow out of by age five

Raw Story: In your opinion, what are the emotions driving Donald Trump’s base?

Bandy X. Lee: The sense of grandiose omnipotence that he displays seems especially appealing to his emotionally-needy followers. No matter what the world says, he fights back against criticism, continues to lie in the face of truth, and above all is still president. What matters is that he is winning, not whether he is honest or law-abiding. This may seem puzzling to the rest of us, but when you are overcome with feelings of powerlessness, this type of cartoonish, exaggerated force is often more important than true ability. This is the more primitive morality, as we call it, of “might makes right,” which in normal development you grow out of by age five.

But, in this case, Trump appeals to that childlike degree of emotional development? Why?

Strongman-type personalities are very appealing in times of socioeconomic or political crisis, as the population is less able to think rationally but is rather overcome with fear, or desire to draw strength from fantastical ideas. This happens to normal people in times of stress, or to people whose development has been stunted because of emotional injury. The problem is, the person who promises the impossible and states, “I alone can fix it,” and gives himself an A+ on his performance, is not a strong person who can deliver but the opposite. So Mr. Trump’s “base“ looks for someone to rescue them and their intense yearning does not allow them to see through his deception, while Mr. Trump senses better than anyone their needs (they are his) and makes use of them for his own benefit—even as he disdains his supporters for being so gullible. In this manner, they fulfill each other’s emotional needs in a mutually unhealthy way.

www.rawstory.com...

This is absolutely true. From browsing ATS, the majority of pro-Trump posts here are simply rants at so called "liberals" without any regard for the truth. Rather than looking towards the future, it's "make america great again". Rather than have an actual vision, they simply bark like dogs at "liberals". Rather than face the truth, they lie and make it sound like they are "winning".

In reality they are emotionally needy. Weak. Fragile. And terrified of losing their power.

The question is to the reader. Are you a 5 year old or are you an adult?

How many of the replies here are going to be dog barks at "liberals", "leftists", "globalists" and crazy insane rants, rather than a rational vision for the future?

Surely if "most" people felt that way, he wouldn't have been elected. Seems like your logic falls short there.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Probably because Brexit is stupid. Your country has done a laughable job of conducting itself in its feeble attempts to "Brexit" and it will harm the health and economy of Britain.

link   

And who got the US involvedf in Vietnam and Iraq? Conservatives.

While I'm no fan of either party, let's not pretend the Democrats are the party of peace.

History would say otherwise.
edit on 6-12-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

link   
Who’s your daddy

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You're head is so far up your ass I'm surprised you're even able to type.

All I'm doing here is telling the facts. The facts don't care about your feelings.

edit on 6/12/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: SprocketUK

Probably because Brexit is stupid. Your country has done a laughable job of conducting itself in its feeble attempts to "Brexit" and it will harm the health and economy of Britain.

There's already threads on it, so I won't derail yours by pointing out the obvious.

Thing is though, you wouldn't listen anyway, you are one of those "My tribe" kinda people.

link   
a reply to: Qboneq

Whew, glad I made the cut. You sound like the ideal person to have a rational discussion with!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Yale psychiatrist - "Hey everyone, look at me, I'm bashing Trump and his supporters!"

Yeah, here's another one.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I swear, some of you people truly are delusional!

Uninformed isn't the half of it; you're being intentionally daft and completely ignoring the world you live in! Makes me wonder what color the sky is in your world.

+1 more 
link   

You're head is so far up your ass I'm surprised you're even able to type.

All I'm doing here is telling the facts. My facts don't care about your feelings.

There are zero facts in your OP and subsequent posts.

+1 more 
link   
It truly is amazing how much real estate trump owns in some peoples heads.
Literally saying his supporters have the minds of five year olds.
Keep em coming, its fascinating.

Trump 2020!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join