It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is San Francisco worse than a third world country ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
California as a whole is the perfect example as to why progressivism is a joke ideology. All those progressive laws and regulations and yet they have they highest rate of inequality in the entire union. But, but, but capitalism, corporations, republicans...

How do people keep falling for their schtick with this big fat flounder flapping all over their faces?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
San Fran is awesome, cali is the best state in the us.

Its totally normal for people making deep six figures, working at a multi billion dollar company, to literally step over piles of # and needles to walk into work.

To say otherwise is just being jealous of your probably clean and relative crime free rural environment.

Is New York that different? Vegas? Detroit? Any big city?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
California as a whole is the perfect example as to why progressivism is a joke ideology. All those progressive laws and regulations and yet they have they highest rate of inequality in the entire union. But, but, but capitalism, corporations, republicans...

How do people keep falling for their schtick with this big fat flounder flapping all over their faces?

Really where did you get that info?

States with largest income disparity Utah, Alaska, and Wyoming show the smallest income disparities while the District of Columbia, New York State, and Connecticut have the largest disparities in income between wage earners in all income categories.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh. My bad. I thought you were here to degrade homeless people.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

There's hidden tent cities all over America. Its kept out of the news cycle. My uncle has a kid who's in his late 20's with serve schizophrenia.

Hi lives in one of the several multi thousand people tent cities in VA by DC.

They are HUGE. These exist in smaller forms all over Cali.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

dcw50.com...

WOODBRIDGE, Va. – Just 25 miles south of the nation’s capitol, right off I-95, is a tent community. It sits on about 54 acres of land in Woodbridge, Virginia and it is home to dozens of families.

“I have actually been living out here for four years, I came out here while I was 18,” Taleshia Allen told DCW50 as she walked camera crews up a wooded trail to her family’s tent. Allen is 22 years old, she has worked multiple jobs, she is a newlywed, and she is homeless.

“I chose to follow my dreams and unfortunately my dreams were shattered,” Allen expressed.

In all, according to Woodbridge HUGS, there are more than 500 homeless people in Prince William County, the tent community in Woodbridge is one of about 57 homeless camps in the county.

This is just one of MANY.

The homeless problem in this country is way worse than you think.

“I had several deaths in my life, then I got sick myself, and I was facing death, then I lost my job, my home, my wife, I lost everything,” Dwyane Green shared. Green has lived in the woods for five years. “It is like the safety net of life was snatched from under me, and that drop is a long drop,” he described.

For Allie Carroll, the drop was also long, “I was a homeowner all my life, lost my home to foreclosure, my second husband quit his job and was unemployed for a couple months and that was the catalyst,” Carroll shared.

For perspective. Try empathy out for a change.
edit on 5-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I grew up in that area, spent about 28 years there, left and came back last year for the first time in 22 years. I went to show my kid how great i (remembered it was). It was embarrasing. Junkies walking around in thier underwear. Bums shooting up with needles sticking ouf of thier arms with blood running down. Was not impressed by what i saw.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh. My bad. I thought you were here to degrade homeless people.

For many homeless people it is just a way of life to be homeless. They aren't deprived, they chose that life. People think they need pity, most don't they are happy in their situation unless the weather is lousy. Many are too proud to go ask for handouts from the social service agencies. They do not want to sponge, they just want a simple life and are satisfied with living on the streets.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

For perspective. Try empathy out for a change.

Try context out for a change. Or “reading between the lines”. Either way, I was responding to Phage and if he can’t pick up what I’m laying down, I’m happy to spell it out and take it from there...

Cool story (RE: your uncle and tent cities), bro.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

oh, you took that the wrong way. Oh well, don't care.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Phage

A lot of homeless people including the druggies have mental health issues. Why else would they be there?

Its so easy to sit in an ivory tower and judhe everyone with a condescending atitude its another to see it for what it is.

We have HORRIBLE mental health services in this country

a reply to: carewemust

Its not the governments job to solve peoples personal drug problems.

You made two very contradicting statements. So which is it?

Who do you think is going to pay for the increased health services you say are so "HORRIBLE" and needed to help these people?

You don't want the government helping them, so I assume you're going to pay for them to get help?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

you're creating a strawman nowhere did I mention it was the government's job to solve any problems in this thread

don't be a snowflake and get all offended... I thought that was all young people?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yup.
Income Inequality.
Yup.
Filth and fantasy
Yup.
Living in the past I see
Haight Ashbury
Yup.
Technocrats deciding whats
best for thee
Yup
Big Tsunami from the Sea
Yup.

S&F

edit on 5-12-2018 by Wildmanimal because: add content

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

oh, you took that the wrong way. Oh well, don't care.

Doubt it.

You said this in replying to me:

The homeless problem in this country is way worse than you think.

I didn’t take anything the wrong way, maybe poorly articulated, but well aware of perspective and empathy. Hell, I’ve got reserves, need any?

Don’t care, I’m not the board bridge troll.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

LOL...

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I have been to San Francisco. I have been to a third world country. No it is not. You will know it is equal to a third world country when you can’t go 3 steps without a young child begging for money in all the tourist areas.

Basically, look at all the begging adults in San Francisco and imagine that is the amount of begging children, and adults have given up begging entirely unless they are so obviously crippled that limbs are visibly shriveled or missing and there is no wheelchair or crutches.

Imagine a cop offering to watch your car for $20, and suspecting if you don’t give him the money he will be the one that breaks into your car.

Imagine that a car bomb went off just down the street while you were shopping, and you were forced to the back of the store and separated from your group until everyone was sure the violence was over.

Imagine a bunch of guys walked into a bar and tried to kidnap all the foreign women who were with other people unless the group either paid money up front to buy her back or agreed to do work for the criminals.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Drugs and mental health issues usually go hand in hand. We have to get these people the mental health care funding that was taken away years ago. These people are self medicating and getting stuck on the streets, they should be getting help in a secure professional environment.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Well, actually what's needed is a carrot and stick approach. What you propose is only half the battle. Law enforcement also needs to clean out the homeless encampments and arrest the junkies. When the problem realizes they will no longer be tolerated in San Francisco they will either work on improving themselves or they will move on to where they won't be harassed. One or two 30 day stints going cold turkey in a work camp would clear out the junkies nicely.

The Commie Libs in San Francisco think they are being "compassionate" by tolerating this problem. But what this problem needs is tough love. Otherwise it just grows.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

I'm just curious do you have any data that suggests putting people in jail solves their drug problem?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.businessinsider.com...< br />

UN expert: San Francisco’s homelessness crisis is a human rights violation and suggests ‘a cruelty that is unsurpassed’

And here I thought liberals where all about income equality and hugging hobos?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join