It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is San Francisco worse than a third world country ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

But first, she said, people have to understand that housing isn't a commodity — it's a human right.

People sure are top-tier stupid in this country, and this quote is evidence of that.

NOTHING IS A HUMAN RIGHT IF SOMEONE ELSE MUST PROVIDE IT!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

With all that said, the homeless situation in SF has ZERO to do with cost of living / housing affordability. The vast majority of the bums are drug addicts. They are in SF because of the weather and liberal attitudes toward their lifestyles. No amount of income redistribution schemes is going to get some heroine addicted loser off the streets.

So the homeless situation in SF has nothing to do with the cost of homes.

Or the increasing Progressive disease that is spreading there.

It's just because they are druggie losers.

Look everyone!!!!

A liberal!

LOL

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

With all that said, the homeless situation in SF has ZERO to do with cost of living / housing affordability. The vast majority of the bums are drug addicts. They are in SF because of the weather and liberal attitudes toward their lifestyles. No amount of income redistribution schemes is going to get some heroine addicted loser off the streets.

So the homeless situation in SF has nothing to do with the cost of homes.

Or the increasing Progressive disease that is spreading there.

It's just because they are druggie losers.

Look everyone!!!!

A liberal!

LOL

They are homeless because they are drug addicts. It wouldnt matter if cost of living was low, they can't function in society because of their addiction.

Even in low cost of living area in bumblestank middle America you still have chronic homeless populations.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

They are homeless because they are drug addicts.

Some, no doubt. And that would include some war vets too, I suppose.

All? No.

edit on 12/5/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You went and met these people and came to the conclusion that unequivocally all of them are useless drug addict losers?

What about the elderly who couldn't keep up with yhe cost of living or lost everything in 08?

Where is your information coming from?

Also.. As usual typical suspects here demeaning those they see as being less than them

Really #ty attitude

link   
A lot of the homeless in areas like SF actually don't want to work, they do not want to pay rent, and they like the freedom of living on the street. There are homeless there that do not like their situation but a lot of them just want to live with no stress from participating in the rat race. At least it is warm there.

Many of the homeless do not even get assistance, they survive off the street. They eat at the shelters where they have food and some stay in the shelters at night. There are way more people on the street than there are shelters though. It is as bad as a third world country in LA and SF and it is not going to change with more and more people moving there, some being illegal imigrants while others are just homeless minded. The more we try to give them support, the more their numbers increase. It is a safety net, maybe if people just told them they need to work doing something they would start.
edit on 5-12-2018 by rickymouse because: wrong city letters.

link   
a reply to: toysforadults

were these " young homeless " - SF natives - or people that moved to the city with little or no plan // rescources ???

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Deleting my posts, which represent the quintessential kinds of posts someone on a conspiracy message board would post just proves my point. Shame on you, IBS.

(yeah, IBS instead of ATS for obvious reasons).

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Your name says "Lumenari" seemingly to infer illumination yet your post and attitude towards others says otherwise

Maybe you should rethink your name

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

A lot of them where what we called "festy kids" back then. That's the term the real hippies (mostly successful business men and woman who found their success in alternative lifestyle, majority of the people here wouldnt like them they are to kind hearted) gave them.

Thats not the entire population there are ton of homeless in California like veterans and elderly or those who lost everything. Also cost of living has driven a large swath of the native population into their cars.

I k ow because I have met these people and loved near a homeless haven in California. Met an old man who lost everything in 08 but had physical problems and the illegals took all the section 8 housing so he was forced onto the street. Met him by the courthouse. Nice guy.

Ugh.

Oh, a festy kid is a k is who travels from city to city living the traveler homeless lifestyle. They are the druggies but they usually chase festivals like EDC around.
edit on 5-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

A lot of the homeless in areas like SF actually don't want to work, they do not want to pay rent, and they like the freedom of living on the street.

I don't know about SF but in Florida that sure is the case!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

In Honolulu it seems that the majority who hang out downtown have mental health issues (yelling at someone who isn't there seems popular). When you leave the city proper you see families, with working parents who come home each night to feed their kids in a tent.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A lot of homeless people including the druggies have mental health issues. Why else would they be there?

Its so easy to sit in an ivory tower and judhe everyone with a condescending atitude its another to see it for what it is.

We have HORRIBLE mental health services in this country

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: JAGStorm

In Honolulu it seems that the majority who hang out downtown have mental health issues (yelling at someone who isn't there seems popular). When you leave the city proper you see families, with working parents who come home each night to feed their kids in a tent.

They probably have the expensive ear buds for their cell phones and are bitching at the answering machine at the social service center because they can not get ahold of a real person. Oh yeah, some of the homeless have cell phones and they get free internet in certain areas.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

We have HORRIBLE mental health services in this country

Crazy people are scary. But they do have rights, even if they are offensive. Those who seek help have many resources. Those who don't...

My point was that there are many, perhaps a majority, of homeless who do work. On Oahu home prices are nuts ($800k median), with rents to match.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Are you ragging on homeless people for having headphones and access to free Wi-Fi?

The he'll?

Some of you need to crawl out of your comfort zones and go meet these people and see how luxurious their lives are

Who would blame them for seeking a modest amount of comfort in an incredibly diffucult and dangerous life?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Oh for sure. Ive seen it in California as well. The homeless problems is one of the reasons I left.

I used to make late night walks to the Ralphs behind my house in Tustin and fond several people sleeping in their cars with suites hanging in the back seat for work tomorrow.

I rent a room for 800 plus utilities in a small 2 bedroom apartment split with my buddy.

Yeah its not just "druggies"

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Have you been to San Francisco? If so, in the last few years?

If yes to either, according to you, do the majority who hang out downtown (financial district, mission, etc.) have mental health issues?

I’d be surprised, if leaving San Fran proper, those tent cities were spilling over into Marin or Palo Alto, but maybe Richmond or Oak-town...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Are you ragging on homeless people for having headphones and access to free Wi-Fi?

The he'll?

Some of you need to crawl out of your comfort zones and go meet these people and see how luxurious their lives are

Who would blame them for seeking a modest amount of comfort in an incredibly diffucult and dangerous life?

I have known a few street people and I have known some supposedly homeless people. I even lived on a beach for a while till I could afford an apartment, I had a car and a job and lived out of the car. I would qualify as a homeless, but I didn't consider myself homeless, you could go to the city camping park and take a shower for a buck. Or just jump in the lake with a bar of soap. I did that for over two months years back, I also lived out of my van for a summer one year, staying at campsites and parks. I worked full time as a foreman at a company that summer.

Most of the homeless who have phones have either the Obama phones or their relatives supply them with a cheap smart phone so they can find them if needed. I am just stating the fact that lots of them do have phones....some stores and buildings have outside outlets in some areas, they plug them in to charge them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join