It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Santa Claus Real. . . . .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Some kids may have more of a negative impact for believing childish whimsical things for too long... But who gets to decide is the question at hand I suppose.

We're a website full of conspiracy theorists who believe is aliens, government conspiracies, and all sorts of strange things.

And we're adults.

Yet people on this thread think it's okay to take a meaty Taco Bell dump on childhood.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Definitely dickish, no denying that.

I guess we just need to clearly define which subjects we expect teachers to lie to their students about so there's no confusion.

Are there any other topics we want our children misinformed about?
edit on 5-12-2018 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Santa really helps mellow the kidlins on those long nights. While it lasts.

My daughter came right out and proclaimed when she no longer believed. She was 8 (9?). It made me sad, but proud that critical thinking had kicked in.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Everybody who is or has ever been Santa knows how real they are...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Some kids may have more of a negative impact for believing childish whimsical things for too long... But who gets to decide is the question at hand I suppose.

We're a website full of conspiracy theorists who believe is aliens, government conspiracies, and all sorts of strange things.

And we're adults.

Yet people on this thread think it's okay to take a meaty Taco Bell dump on childhood.

My parents never allowed me to believe in Santa Claus. I don't feel like I missed anything. X-mas was still fun, and I appreciate them for it. They told me the truth about the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy as well.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think this thread should be closed...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Sorry man.

My mother is in her 80's and still has gifts from Santa to my family and my brothers' family.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

this tail seems to me to have sprung from the :

" dammed if you do - double dammed if you dont " dept - down at the mministry of manufactured outrage

yes - there are lines of demarcation - that SHOULD be split between parents and teachers

but - there is also clearly rampant parental sloth - with legions of parents failing to do thier " end " of the process - and expecting teachers to do what should be thier " job " too

but hey - teacher tells the little ankle biters - " santa = fake " - and boom

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's sad when telling the truth gets you fired. I do not plan on teaching my children that Santa Claus is real, I'm sure I will get a lot of flak for it but I will not cave to peer pressure.

Very sad when a lie is valued more than the truth, a lie that breeds materialistic narcissism no less.
edit on 12/5/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Is it a lie to "plead the 5th?"

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hope they kicked this teacher in the arse before they fired it.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
What better way to instill moral values than to tell children that their reward for being good is material possessions? That doesn't breed an overtly materialistic society at all! Look at ours today, Black Friday being the best example of the values instilled by such materialistic traditions.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What better way to instill moral values than to tell children that their reward for being good is material possessions?

That's not quite right. It's more of a negative reinforcement thing; if you aren't good you won't be rewarded.

Black Friday being the best example of the values instilled by such materialistic traditions.
No. That's just about bargains.

edit on 12/5/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

It teaches kids that materialism is a reward and should be valued. That's not a good thing in my book.

Also, what parents actually go through with not giving their kids anything for Christmas? 99% of parents get their kids things regardless of how good or bad they've been.
edit on 12/5/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

It teaches kids that materialism is a reward and skills be valued.

No. It helps kids to behave during the onset of winter. Negative reinforcement, "If you aren't good, Santa won't bring any presents."

Materialism, nada. Be good, todos.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Do you really want teachers consulting their lawyer before answering a question?

Perhaps all questions should be submitted in writing first. That way the lawyers can go over it and determine what a suitable answer is.

But for this to be effective we still need to have a clear understanding of what things we want our children misinformed (or in the case of the 5th ill informed) about.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Kids don't give two G.I. Joes about black friday.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Do you really want teachers consulting their lawyer before answering a question?
Is that what happened? A kid asked the dick if Santa is real?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

As if parents actually go through with giving their kids nothing for Christmas. 99% of parents get their kids presents regardless of their behavior throughout the year.

Why the need for Santa anyways? Why not just say that it's from you and not some imaginary fat guy? What's the point of adding a lie on top of the materialism?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The parents sure do though. Kids don't have money to buy gifts. All parents were kids at one point you know. You don't think their actions on Black Friday are a product of being brought up on the idea of Christmas and presents under the tree?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join