It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the cop out of line or was the youth?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
I don't need to read the article after seeing the video. Cop was out of line, especially when she put her hands near (on??) thhe girl's neck and pushed down several times.

The girl was strapped down and not a danger to that cop. Looks like the cop got her ego bruised or she got angry when her authority seemed to be questioned. Too many cops are power freaks and can't handle it when someone fails to get down on their knees and bow.

That officer is an idiot. She let her emotions get to her. She is NOT in the right profession.

Do you realize how dangerous spit can be ?

Since when do drunks get to do what they want because they are drunk ?

Being a police officer is a damn hard babysitting job that you could not pay me enough to do.

This is just one example of the BS they put up with.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
a reply to: TinySickTears

Your basis is dead on with a middle ground inclusion of all parties involved as a whole... not just this isolated incident.

If one of us spanks our child or dog it actually serves almost next to no valuable purpose but to serve as an avenue to vent frustrations. Dogs don't know what they did wrong to get spanked, but they are quick to learn when a person is unable to control their emotions. Kids can clearly learn lessons of limits by way of force, but the lesson being learned is fear based and less likely to be logic based. Spanking and physical force only serves the administrator any value... and what is being served as unwarranted punishment is purely a personal gain, of which the community should not be burdened with.

If police are spanking their clientele that they get paid to protect is an acceptable form of behavior then I am fully convinced that any logic of what should be acceptable form of punishment clearly needs to be learned. We shouldn't be sending 1st graders to college so to speak.

yeah but we on on a board full of cowboys whos daddy used to give em the belt and things of that nature and it is advocated for a lot

im with you though

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Do you realize how dangerous spit can be ?

Since when do drunks get to do what they want because they are drunk ?

Being a police officer is a damn hard babysitting job that you could not pay me enough to do.

This is just one example of the BS they put up with.

did the cop putting hands on and pushing her face down make the spit less dangerous? did it make it not happen?

of course she should not get a pass cause drunk. the cop should have not done that and charged her with assault for her to deal with sober.
thats a legit consequence. not pushing her face down while she is on the gurney

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

They're both at fault. You shouldn't spit on cops or people in general. Cops shouldn't think they are Judge Dred. Reading the article it seems they been having race problems for quite some time.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

its clearly trumps fault

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

If you’re spitting at me I’m gonna cover your mouth. I’d much rather your spit hit my glove than my face, if you’re such a degenerate that you think spitting at people is a good idea.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Well come on, that goes without even saying.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I only watched the video and then read the comments here, so there may be more to the story than what I saw. But, she doesn't look restrained to me. And the idea that a person on a gurney can't pose a threat to anyone is crazy. Cops, paramedics, nurses, physicians - all kinds of people are spit on, bitten, kicked, hit, and scratched while trying to transport and treat people who are intoxicated and combative. It's not a good situation for anyone, and unfortunately just walking away and leaving them there by themselves on the gurney isn't an option.

I'm curious what the protocol is in this situation for everyone saying that the cop is in the wrong? Just let her spit and ignore it? Ask her nicely to please stop? Genuinely curious, as I'm not a police officer but it does sometimes sound like no matter what they do, it's going to be wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join