It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the cop out of line or was the youth?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

My mother and her five brothers and sister would get the strap...literally.

I got the strap, the spoon, the switch, the shoe, the hanger, heck I was even spanked by my teacher,
pretty much all of it.

You know what I didn't get, a criminal record!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

just to clear it up and add a bit more insight to the incident.
The girl wasn’t restrained.
She wouldn’t allow the paramedic to put the restraints on her.
There’s at least 20 articles out on this incident from various news agencies.
Each one having a bit of useful info and the rest a racial narrative.
There’s a lot more to the story than what’s depicted in that 20 seconds.
The just of it was the girl was in a crack house, the dealer was being evicted and throwing a trash the house party.
That girl got in a fight with one of the neighbors who tried to stop the ordeal.
The police noticed all the underage drinking and called the medics.

edit on 5-12-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Are we talking about the same video?

The one where the cop was being really nice and telling the girl she was going to hospital. The girl just starts spitting. The cop put her hand the on the girls mouth, and says, Do Not spit on me, She might have pressed on her mouth a little and it looks a little dramatic because the gurnee bounces a bit.

I watched the video three times to see if I missed any real abuse and just didn't see it.

i dont recall mentioning anything about abuse.
i said i dont think it was justified

in other words i dont think what the cop did was warranted

the person was drunk and restrained.

good chance the person is not going to remember it
plus the person was restrained

isnt there some sort of code of conduct against doing # like this to a restrained person?

had the person been unrestrained then i would feel differently.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

she looked restrained to me
i didnt read any of it as you said not to

changes it a little bit i guess

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You are assuming that spit actually flew. It likely did, but it does not warrant physical retaliation for doing so being the individual was fully restrained. Part of restraining an out of control subject would include a spit bag installation. A spit bag helps prevent the passing of unwanted germs, but tells the subject, pre-spitfire, that spitting at someone will lead to spitting in one's own mouth, but not much else.

The cop left the guard down and the restrained person was in full on 'safety' mode, so any bit of offense that was left to be used was taken advantage of. It was not the right decision, but the officer(s) could have prevented it further.

Besides, what if the cop is just pissed to the point where they leaned over, dreamed up being spit on at all, just to use a bit of so called 'justified force?' That's right... all it takes to be so called justified assault is for an officer to think they were spat on... with no sober or witnessing factor to debate otherwise. Taking the word that the officer was spit on as an excuse for assault is not of a viable level of basis to judge upon.

Just look at all of these posts... every single one of them are assuming that spit flew.

Police are NOT to serve as judge, jury, and executioner... they should remain more calm and collected as they are supposed to be the transporters of community menacing only.

It's just a sad state of affairs when policing agencies require an additional policing agency or more to keep the policing in check.

Police are human barriers between the rich and poor. Serving the rich with aim to constrain crime into a pressure cooker of poverty is a poor business strategy. It's no coincidence that crimes and police actions of aggression are acceptable where poverty flourishes, yet national epidemics are claimed when the very same crime reaches a wealthy area or area of influence.

If the rich, powerful, and influential had any bit of a care for the core of their built metropolis' they would have pushed the undesired aspects of life to the perimeter, making the pressure cooker affect less of an issue... problems would by law of averages be scattered and lessened.

So, the rich won... they built seas of officers forced to manage pressures of turmoil that aren't manageable. The rich pitted war, causing the core of our communities to battle their very own policing agencies. Police and the poor are nothing but pawns, and if police had an bit of smarts to the situations they are really up against, then I'd almost guarantee that police departments as a whole would build up their community relations as their utmost priorities as opposed to fall into the trap of the 1%ers.

If the real enemy can't be determined, then finger pointing throughout win-less battles of who is right and or wrong among a full spectrum of victims is all the more absurd.

Protect & Serve should be switched to Enforce & Rule...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

she looked restrained to me
i didnt read any of it as you said not to

changes it a little bit i guess

and the article you posted does not say anything about restraints and i am not going to look for other articles. i dont care that much.

i still go with not warranted

they were on the gurney. about to go to the hospital so what did it serve?

i know these days people are cool with # like this but i am not
of course the person is not in the right. charge her with assault and let her deal with it when she sobers up
being loaded is not an excuse to be a dick

but doing what the cop did to a drunk person on a gurney serves no purpose

whatever happened to acting professional? higher standards for themselves?
that kind of thing

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Oh I know.
And that’s the opinion I was seeking to find out from others.
Without knowing anything else about what had taken place, to just view that video and tell me who they thought was in the wrong.

So I thank you, for doing as I asked lol.
I wanted a non biased opinion on what it appears is happening in that video.
I’m not even sure what details that particular article discloses. Like I said there’s at least 20 variants out there right now.
Each seemly containing a little bit of info the others don’t.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

Police are NOT to serve as judge, jury, and executioner... they should remain more calm and collected as they are supposed to be the transporters of community menacing only.

this is how i feel

youre on the jon
you should act professional

keep your # together

life was not in danger.

it served no purpose

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

if there is 20 variants then there are a lot of untruths huh?

i am going by what i saw
you asked for an opinion and i gave it

seems unwarranted and unprofessional but ultimately not a big deal

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

To shed a bit more light on everything the girl in that video posted on her Facebook how she was wrong for spitting in the officers face and goes on about how drunk she was.
Then I guess she got a load of messages from people
and her next status said : HOW ABOUT I JUST KILL MYSELF THEN.

Dramatic stuff.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Would this even be debated if the teen was white?

How did you even catch that she wasn't white?

I mean, the cops hand is covering her entire face in the video.

The article says straight up in the title it's a first nations person....

Well then, now you should see what I'm talking about when I say the MSM manipulates your judgement... lol.

I skipped the whole article and went straight to the video clip and saw nothing but a human being having excessive force used against her by a cop.

Yet, all you guys that paid any attention to the actual article, are now all triggered and ranting on about how this was some kind of racial issue.

It's kind of ironic, if you think about it.

I don't really care about the racial issue...I was just pointing out the information was provided and it is somewhat relevant cops here have a tendency to use excessive force on natives.
edit on 5/12/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Totally justified.
Open hand to the face, no closed fist.
One hit.

Dont like it?
Dont get # faced in public and spit on cops.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Would this even be debated if the teen was white?

How did you even catch that she wasn't white?

I mean, the cops hand is covering her entire face in the video.

The linked article described her as a "first nations" person, which would mean not white. Seemed to be the whole issue in the article.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Your basis is dead on with a middle ground inclusion of all parties involved as a whole... not just this isolated incident.

If one of us spanks our child or dog it actually serves almost next to no valuable purpose but to serve as an avenue to vent frustrations. Dogs don't know what they did wrong to get spanked, but they are quick to learn when a person is unable to control their emotions. Kids can clearly learn lessons of limits by way of force, but the lesson being learned is fear based and less likely to be logic based. Spanking and physical force only serves the administrator any value... and what is being served as unwarranted punishment is purely a personal gain, of which the community should not be burdened with.

If police are spanking their clientele that they get paid to protect is an acceptable form of behavior then I am fully convinced that any logic of what should be acceptable form of punishment clearly needs to be learned. We shouldn't be sending 1st graders to college so to speak.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

That is very, very true.
In fact the fifth estate did a few pieces on the disturbing amount of unsolved native deaths hear.
In Canada I think natives are viewed a lot differently than they are in the USA.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

She is indicating by apologizing that she was not acting as her sober self would. The police knew they were getting into areas of intoxicated subjects. An intoxicated subject should be dealt with a particular set of precautions.

So the officer had a bad day, made a bad call about not installing a spit mask, and made a bad call.

Human beings that can work as community would find a follow up story where the officer in question apologized too... indicating that they will try to learn to restrain their emotions when facing similar situations going forward.

Just like voters feel that it MUST be Red or Blue that saves America and won't operate outside the diseased arenas as whole the consumers of news will pit the police vs. the poor as they are not able to see or learn that the whole arena is rigged for the poor vs. police war to continue on unchecked.

If the officer and the subject end up hugging out their dilemma of divide and those efforts started compounding then the 1% would get real scared about their cozy financial manipulations.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I agree with you to an extent about spit masks.

But the police were there to assist the paramedics.
The whole event in question took as we seen 20 seconds.
For the cop to run up and bag the girl before anything had even warranted it, is unthinkable.
I could just imagine the outcry and screams of abuse of power from people, if the first thing an officer did when interacting with them, was place a bag over their head.

A spit mask is fine in a prison interaction setting. But for an officer to instantly bag a person when they are assisting the medics.... would never happen.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Chick deserved a slap up side the head... my parents would have thanked the cop for knocking some sense into me.

My parents would have been in jail. I had far worse done to me for stepping out of line and I deserved every bit of the azz whopping my father brought down on me.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I don't need to read the article after seeing the video. Cop was out of line, especially when she put her hands near (on??) thhe girl's neck and pushed down several times.

The girl was strapped down and not a danger to that cop. Looks like the cop got her ego bruised or she got angry when her authority seemed to be questioned. Too many cops are power freaks and can't handle it when someone fails to get down on their knees and bow.

That officer is an idiot. She let her emotions get to her. She is NOT in the right profession.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Spitting is assault which is a crime.

Not sure what your question is? She can't assault an officer.

ETA: Justified

You're kidding, right?

The girl was drunk, and she was strapped to a guerney. If you're not kidding, I don't even know what to say...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join