It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems - Do you really want to push THAT button?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: kaylaluv
All the more reason to get him out of there ASAP!

Donald Trump is not going to cause a civil war. Leftists are, they always do, and it will be the second time they get their assess kicked in this country.

Those damned confederate leftists! Why they always trying to muck things up with their rebel flags and statues of proud enslavers! We whooped all them Kid-Rock-loving leftists real good!

What is even happening in this thread. Y'all righties sure are "winning!".

Read a book on the civil war.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I'm not in any office, but you addressed it to a whole mess of people that you categorized under various references, one of them being dems.. so, I will tell you what I want...
I want justice to rule!!! I want a legitamate investigation into the russia mess and those found to have gone contrary to the law (regardless of political party) to be removed from office and taken to task for their actions!

ALL dems, leftist, commies and Trump haters everywhere

has anyone else noticed that the trial of the charlottesville driver has started? anyone else keeping up with it? I have, ya know, they played a tape of one of his phone calls he made to his mother after his arrest. he referred to heather heyer and her mom as commies and when his mom mentions that the mother just lost her daughter, he says something like it doesn't matter. this is what happens when you take a large group of people, most of whom who know nothing about and you categorize them and portray them to be your enemy!! I am a dem, I lean left.... but god bless it, I won't even hurt the danged spiders and mice that I happen to run across in my home!!! I am no one's enemy and you have no idea how much it bothers me when good friends, that i have known for decades post this kind of tripe on their facebook page or in messages to me!!!
or, how badly I sometimes want to respond in like manner!!!
I want to scream "ENOUGH!!!" at the top of my lungs to them!!!
Just like I want to scream just that at you at the moment!
I refuse to act in fear, which is what you are trying to get me to do with your post, be afraid, be very afraid, don't push the man to act like someone deserving of the position he is in. don't investigate him, he don't like it. don't criticize him you'll make him angry. just bow down and remain silent!!! Lest he blows us all to hell???

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I'm indifferent about Trump.

Other than his brash mannerisms, it's a presidency with mediocre results (so far).

He has pros and cons, don't we all.

If we want positive change though, there needs to be serious overhauls on some things, I haven't seen that....yet.

If defended, and I've criticized. Both catch flak, not a big deal.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

honestly dude for me personally i am having a hard time caring about trump anymore
he is a lock for another 4
sucks but whatever

I totally agree.

It's funny how people on the right criticize people on the left as wanting a single party rule. True Democracy is about respecting other people's opinions especially when you do not agree with them.

The problem is people on the left really have no choice. Take Hillary for example. She's a Nixon Republican. She worked on Barry Goldwater's presidential campaign in college. She's is pretty much as far to the right from a true Democrat as you can get.

Marx was right. Marx said laissez faire capitalism is always followed by communism. This is because unfettered greed would result in the government's currency collapsing in value. This is because as money is being concentrated in fewer and fewer hands it becomes worth less and less. People stop working too hard because there's no point in it. What you buy with your money isn't sufficient enough to make you greedy enough to work harder. Money is being concentrated at a very fast pace. The numbers are very clear:

Purchasing Power of the Consumer Dollar

2017 wages were flat if not slightly negative in real terms when taking into account inflation. This is because we have no free-markets in this country. If we had free-market competition prices would be much lower as be people tried to compete with each other. Instead all we have is cartels and monopolies controlling obscene market share with practically zero advertising. You know you have no free-markets because there is no mechanism in the economy to wring out the inefficiencies of exorbitant astronomically high executive pay. This is because lobbyist force the politicians to pass lass creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing.

This is why there is absolutely no point in voting. Money equals representation. Elections are absolutely meaningless because workers always take it up the butt. George Carlin understood the American dream is a dream because you have to be asleep to believe it:

This is why voting is meaningless. NOTHING IS EVER GOING TO CHANGE. Republicans are no better than Democrats and vise versa. If you think Republicans are better than Democrats are you being completely delusional. To use George Carlin's apt phasing, "These rich rooster suckers don't give a Shiite about you!" And, "There's a reason why everything is the way it is. The real owners of this country own you. They own you."

There is no answer to wealth inequality. The American people are screwed regardless if you are a Republican or Democrat. But do not worry my comrades. As soon as the dollar collapses in value communism will return just as Marx predicted. This is because the masses of people standing in bread lines will demand MORE government not less!

Money talks. Everything you guys post on these forums about politics is really just BS.

edit on 5-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If you are looking for the rule of law where justice is naked and blind good luck with that! It's never happened in my lifetime or my father's lifetime who is now dead. Organized crime runs the government. There's nothing we can do about it.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Short answer?

They want to see the world burn.

and/or glow in the dark

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Short answer?

and/or glow in the dark

It's seems to me the military industrialists are the only ones who want to see the world burn.

MONEY, ARMS, WAR, PROFT

As a liberal Democrat, I ignore the Fox News right wing propaganda machine. The reason I am a liberal Democrat is because of the words of FDR:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

Speech before the 1936 Democratic National Convention

The key FDR phase is this: Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government.

I have absolutely no power against the economic tyranny we have in this country imposed on us by the billionaire neo-robber-barons. We just don't. The only place someone who is making the median worker's wage can do is turn to the power of government for some shred of hope and relief from the tyranny. But I've never seen in it in my lifetime.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Dude. Joke. Chill.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Dude. Joke. Chill.

Ha, ha.....((sob)), ((sob))

It would be funny if it were not so tragic. But you are right. I'm done with ATS for now. Time to get back to fantasy football.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Really well thought out and persuasive response. I agree with almost all of what you said except the first 2 paragraphs. Everything else 100%.

I want a 2 party system but what we have now is one side is more crybaby communist than anything I've seen in all my life taking place in the US. Actually, I would like a multitude of parties but that would never happen. No one represents me even 50% of the time.

Hillary.... You can label her what you will but my thoughts on her are far from settling. I honestly think she would have been 10X worse than Trump. Sure, Trump is a nutter but like many have said... It's not that we wanted Trump to win, we just wanted someone other than the rabble that sits in government seats right now. We knew Trump would shake things up A LOT and he's doing exactly what we knew he would.

Good post!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Seems a logical argument...don't piss off the guy who can start a world war on a whim? If that's the best you've got, you should go back and study rhetoric a bit more.

Trump is slowly becoming a figurehead for nihilism and egotism. In other words, his true colors are flying boldly and it seems that even his devotees are starting to see that the emperor wears no clothes.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck he could just say screw it... people suck and don't deserve to live.

on the whole, he'd be right in saying so.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Problem is... There are no more FDR democrats. The last REAL democrat was Kennedy. We haven't seen a good democrat since. If we had, I would be a democrat. We lost 'for the people' a long time ago. Now it's just communism vs big business.

Republicans are wolves in plane sight. Democrats are now wolves in sheep's clothing.

Now, anytime I mentioned either Dems or Reps on this forums, I'm speaking specifically about government. When I mention libtards, I mention specifically people who follow their twisted ideologies. Just in case anyone is offended by my words

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Short answer?

Well that's just stupid. No one wants to see the world burn. Maybe they are concerned for their children's future because Trump doesn't give a damn about them.

Trump on Coming Debt Crisis: ‘I Won’t Be Here’ When It Blows Up

The friction came to a head in early 2017 when senior officials offered Trump charts and graphics laying out the numbers and showing a “hockey stick” spike in the national debt in the not-too-distant future. In response, Trump noted that the data suggested the debt would reach a critical mass only after his possible second term in office. “Yeah, but I won’t be here,” the president bluntly said, according to a source who was in the room when Trump made this comment during discussions on the debt.

I've been warning people that it's coming...

Dow falls 800 pts. as stock rally fizzles amid growth worries, skepticism over trade truce

Go ahead and keep lying to yourselves that people who oppose Trump are loons and have no valid reasons to oppose him. Keep telling yourselves that Trump is doing great things for the country and isn't methodically destroying the economy. Keep lying to yourselves so that you'll feel better about your horrible decision to vote for him.

I'm not surprised that so many still support this lying sack of sh*t because those same folks lie to themselves every day...

Trump scrambles to reverse stock market's plunge over fears his China trade deal WON'T happen: 'Not to sound naive or anything but I believe President Xi'

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

He's duly elected and won't be going anywhere until his term is up or after his second term.

Donald Trump is not going to cause a civil war. Leftists are, they always do, and it will be the second time they get their assess kicked in this country.

Except it wasn't "Leftists" who had their asses handed to them. It was status quo conservatives who were soundly defeated by the Union.

Please don't tell me you're one of those who doesn't understand the difference between political ideology and party affiliation.

Wait... you don't have to tell me... it's obvious you don't understand from your post.
edit on 6-12-2018 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

Those damned confederate leftists! Why they always trying to muck things up with their rebel flags and statues of proud enslavers! We whooped all them Kid-Rock-loving leftists real good!

What is even happening in this thread. Y'all righties sure are "winning!".

Read a book on the civil war.

Oh man... maybe you should have read a book on the Civil War or maybe paid attention in US history class. The Democratic party during the Civil War and for most of US history was CONSERVATIVE. FFS... stop acting like you know anything.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

It was democrats who have never changed their stances or policies, just rebranded them to make them pallatable to idiots like you.
edit on 6 12 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yes, the old Southern Democrats were for lower taxes, smaller government, state rights, and all the other conservative policies.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And after they lost they were for gun control, confiscatory taxation, and racial zoning.

Practices still done by democrats today.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It was democrats who have never changed their stances or policies, just rebranded them to make them pallatable to idiots like you.

You don't know what the word "ideology" means do you?

lol... it's ok Sparky. I won't tell...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join