It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would not forcing America to take the migrants be a violation of the Third amendment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Would not forcing America to take the migrants (and pay for those already here) be a violation of the Third amendment?
The same with overturning of prop 187
Both of which violate the spirit of the third amendment in which it was intended to force taxpayers who intended. The taxpayers voted in programs meant as a safety net for their own native born taxpayers (which could equal a family, naturalized citizens would be adopted but still family) not foreign invaders who are not loyal to the country (family) but to another.
Thoughts?

edit on 5-12-2018 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well, it could possibly be construed as a violation of the amendment. But I think it would have to be brought to the Supreme court to be evaluated as to it's applicability. That may be pushing it though.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

Both of which violate the spirit of the third amendment in which it was intended to force taxpayers who intended.

What?

Amendment III

No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Both of which violate the spirit of the third amendment in which it was intended to force taxpayers who intended.

What?

Amendment III

No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

I think the question would be could this be considered in scope even though the amendment specifies soldiers and not others. IMO, no, because the intent of the amendment is to prevent what the British army did prior to the Constitution was to force citizens to house and feed British soldiers in their own homes at their expense. If the amendment did not specify soldiers but "people" then it would apply.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
illegals are an invading force, it's more giving aide and comfort to the enemy

There are also laws again helping illegals, but Obama took one in a limo. The president should have been charged. Can you imagine, a citizen's arrest of the president....

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I really don't care what America does regrading the immigrant issue to be honest.

But the fact of the matter is, the US economy as it stands, is dependant on cheap illegal immigrant labour.

So personally, I just think Trump needs to get off the fence and quit spitting all that cheap political rhetoric, regarding the immigrant issue.

He either needs to publicly declare that his totally cool with the current flow of cheap labour into the US... Or he needs to bite the bullet and shut it down for good.

Right now, it just seems like Trumps content on reaping the benefits, well at the same time, condemning the negatives... purely, for his own political benefit.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It applies. They are draining the wealth of families, they are just doing it in the same way that a drug lord or embesseler launders money to make it seem legitimate.
It is not.
Wars are fought to keep a country in a certain way* with a certain language and moral value.

*Here is an experiment. Pull up and watch a pre 1986 TV series/movie shot in Los Angeles. Note whatever streets you can and virtually drive down those same streets via Google Earth and note the difference. 1986 RR opened the floodgates and it has gotten worse as time goes on.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

But the fact of the matter is, the US economy as it stands, is dependant on cheap illegal immigrant labour.

facts typically come with sources, otherwise they are called opinions.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

Fair enough.

Minimum wage in the United States

The minimum wage in the states is like $7.25 an hour... How many fellow full blooded Americans do you know that would work, 8 hours a day, for $7.25 an hour?
edit on 5-12-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

We have the option of robots.
Most of these migrants will fill jobs that robots can do much better. No many robots spread E-coli while picking produce.

IMO- The Dutch are on the right track. If a country is forced to take in non citizens they should be kept isolated from the population until they have sufficiently assimilated then integrate them.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea

We have the option of robots.
Most of these migrants will fill jobs that robots can do much better. No many robots spread E-coli while picking produce.

So it's a choice between buying equipment that will be within the million dollar range and cost a small fortune to maintain... or just hiring a few immigrants @7 something an hour?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

No one can force us to take in migrants unless you are suggesting Democrats might violate their fiduciary relationship with the American Citizen and 'force' this on "We the People". Only a group bent on destroying American sovereignty would implement such a scheme.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea
If a country is forced to take in non citizens they should be kept isolated from the population until they have sufficiently assimilated then integrate them.

How are they supposed to assimilate if they're isolated?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Fair enough.

The minimum wage in the states is like $7.25 an hour... How many fellow full blooded Americans do you know that would work, 8 hours a day, for $7.25 an hour?

Part of the reason the minimum wage is so low is because of illegal immigration.......they know they can pay them lower wages than they can regular americans so theres no incentive for it to go up.

I know this because we have a horrible epidemic in my area of illegal immigrants coming in here to work the farms and ranches.

The Farmers and ranchers wont hire anyone else because they would have to pay them higher wages, that and they can stick the illegals stacked in a few trailers on the property and bobs your uncle.......

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Are you suggesting that these potential citizens are too stupid to learn unless spoon fed?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Part of the reason the minimum wage is so low is because of illegal immigration.......they know they can pay them lower wages than they can regular americans so theres no incentive for it to go up.

Illegal immigrants cannot legally work in the US. Interestingly, no one can legally work in the US unless their wages are reported to the government.

Do you think that those who work for cash, citizen or not, should be paid minimum wage?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Fair enough.

Me. I did it for 10 plus years.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Illegal immigrants cannot legally work in the US. Interestingly, no one can legally work in the US unless their wages are reported to the government.

Cute, but illegals work in the US every single day...........weve had two places here busted and had to pay fines because of it.......and you literally cannot debate me on this , My ex wifes father was a dairy farmer here , I met her in my younger years working on that dairy farm, working beside illegals, many of whom return every year seasonally.....STILL.....so please dont try to tell me they cant work in the US

Do you think that those who work for cash, citizen or not, should be paid minimum wage?

I think that people should be paid what based on what the work requries and the skillset......
Sometimes the skill to do the job is low, but the work is very hard......is what it is......

edit on 12/5/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Cute, but illegals work in the US every single day
Anyone working for cash is illegal, as is their employer, if the wages are not reported.

I think that people should be paid what based on what the work requries and the skillset......
I think people should be paid based on the value of their work. How much is a hamburger worth?

edit on 12/5/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join