It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I know how to fix our political system - PublicServiceBook

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Sahasrara

The person in the mirror and I both agree that the system has been set up where we DON'T get to vote for who WE want, we get to vote for the CHOICES THEY OFFER US.

See the difference?

Yeah exactly... If I could I would like to vote for my old neighbor for some kind of a political position, like at least the mayor of our city... I think an immigrant can be a mayor right? He's a Mexican immigrant drywaller who barely spoke a lick of English. He was the most honest and kind person I have ever known. I can't agree that someone who hasn't lived here more than 20 years and isnt a citizen should be able to take a higher office like a congressperson, but I'm pretty sure he has broken the 10 year mark and if he made the effort to learn proper English (to our contemporarily low standards) I would not only vote for him but I would campaign, for an office similar to mayor of a city. Hey maybe I could be Vice Mayor...

I think there should be more than 2 people to vote for, to be President. THAT is rediculous in a nation of over 300 million we are supposed to think we got the best person for the job by choosing from a list of TWO PEOPLE?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What I can't believe is this thread barely got to second page. This topic needs attention.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I think there should be more than 2 people to vote for, to be President. THAT is rediculous in a nation of over 300 million we are supposed to think we got the best person for the job by choosing from a list of TWO PEOPLE?

I think the system I'm proposing would lead to an almost partyless system. It would also probably end up being a sort of run-off system because the pool of candidates could potentially be large - we would have to run-off and re-vote several times for some offices maybe.... I don't know... I want us to make this up as we go along...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I have also been tossing around an idea of putting a cap on wealth, or maybe just limits on how it can be used, or something to offset the huge income and wealth disparity. A select group of people have an undue influence and power over the others. And this is not just bad for the commoners, but breeds mental illnesses in the elite, it is not good for them to have this power, it is bad for their development, their progress in growing as a person is stunted.

Yeah, these are some tough issues to figure out. I've had some of these same thoughts, but it seems to draconian, too controlling to cap wealth. I mean what if someone had some great ideas, was completely moral and ended up a billionaire? I think what bothers us is a sneaking suspicion that many of the really really rich have gotten there by cheating - so I always operate under the complete fantasy
that those who have gained their wealth illegally will someday have it taken away from them - legally. LOL!!!

Forgot!... I think a really important and powerful thing that we need to control/eliminate are all these tax free foundations. This is just one of the many ways the super wealthy hide their money and use their money to increase their political clout and essentially launder...
edit on 8-12-2018 by Sahasrara because: forgot to mention tax-free foundations!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I know what do, start executing corrupt politicians like China

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join