It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on with the USGS heliplots? Seismic activity everywhere? Broken systems?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm not too far away from a few of them and I do not feel anything either. I wonder if this may be related to the seismic waves that transverse the planet on 11/11/18. (Strange wave ripple around world)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Happens pretty much every time there is a major quake anywhere on the planet.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/5/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

USGS heliplots looks crazy today. But I'm a newbie at this. Is this normal? Link below is live but the activity might be gone by the time you see this.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

7.5 in New Caledonia rang the globe like a bell. Every big one does, it's not new or a conspiracy.

Check for big quakes next time.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

7.0 in Alaska and 7.5 in New Caledonia some big quakes recently hope Cali doesn't make the list .

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I've seen some in the past, but never one that set off every meters on the planet. Never said conspiracy, just wanted info!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: joemoe

there are a few tsunami warnings going out at this time.

late December is tsunami and earthquake season

There's an earthquake season??

Where the hell have I been...?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

7.0 in Alaska and 7.5 in New Caledonia some big quakes recently hope Cali doesn't make the list .

Opposite sides of the Pacific plate from each other. Pressure balancing, if I were to hazard a layman's guess.

I'd be willing to bet Chile kicks out a big one in the next few weeks, though. Not betting the deed on it, just a hunch on my part. I could be wrong, lol.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

5.5 there today

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

originally posted by: odzeandennz

there are a few tsunami warnings going out at this time.

late December is tsunami and earthquake season

There's an earthquake season??

Where the hell have I been...?

The earth's tilted magnetic fields interacts with the sun's magnetic field as we go around the sun. There are a couple of times per year that earthquakes happen a little more because of that. I read articles about this association but didn't spend a lot of time learning why it happens, it explains our orbit in the articles and a bunch of angles too. I just wanted to know it does happen, I didn't want to know all the particulars about the association.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Those DARK graphs tell me this: invest in INK FUTURES.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

As phage mentioned, every time there is a large quake (M6+) anywhere in the world, the same exact thing happens as the p and s waves travel across the globe and are picked up as they pass the sesimometers.

Not unusual when a large quake happens.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

As phage mentioned, every time there is a large quake (M6+) anywhere in the world, the same exact thing happens as the p and s waves travel across the globe and are picked up as they pass the sesimometers.

Not unusual when a large quake happens.

Ok but why shut the whole system down for days? (ok i just realized it may not have been "days" but still... at the very least, "hours") What if another quake happens during this time? Wont they want to be able to detect, track and measure it with their instruments?
edit on 12/7/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Happens pretty much every time there is a major quake anywhere on the planet.

But why shutdown the system?* Arent these readings useful? And what if another quake happens? You know theres a thing called aftershocks so that just seems strange.

*See posts on page one declaring the system stopped updating, showing old information and with no "note" explaining it... I guess the joke of people making these kinds of threads and inquiries has Still not gotten old to them and they think its funny and dont mind the wasted time?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

The system wasn't shut down, it was inexperienced people not knowing how to read the listings.

If you look at the current page, you will see the same thing other's mentioned back on page one.

From the first chart:

Make note of the date and time, it is in UTC it Starts on 12/06/2018, but it covers 12/07/2018 and so is the most current reading for that chart.

edit on 7-12-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join