It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving my job of 5 years to do Youtube full time...And I'm scared.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I just subscribed to your channel, even though I don't watch political stuff anymore because it's all the Left-Right dichotomy that the PTB want us to be entrenched in. We're all performing so beautifully for them! So, it's hard for me to want to watch any commentary at all on that subject. I want to support a fellow ATSer though.

Me, I do NOT understand the "YouTube as a profession" thing. Terrifying, as youtube has so obviously become a powerful tool for those PTB to control us and manipulate our thoughts and beliefs.

And now, with how Youtube has taken the disgusting plunge of censoring and killing channels for WHATEVER reason they choose, I understand it even less. It must be REALLY good money, or maybe good money for the amount of effort or the number of subscriptions must be a heady thing; for so many seemingly level-headed people who chuck it all and use it for their salary.

I've been very disappointed in a few channels I used to watch when they bowed to the censorship and stopped talking about certain topics, or started self-censoring what they say, so that their channel won't get a strike or get killed. That's EXACTLY the state of fear the PTB want us in!!!! And so the folks who actually have good and smart things to say that are needed, to be in the public discourse, are now the people and channels that are voluntarily limiting what they say.

How frightening and MADDENING is that??!

If the channel wasn't theor source of income, they could be more honest and free in their speech. But since it's now their livelihood, they have to shut up on the topics that are the most important. Which is EXACTLY what the PTB want!

So- I wish you so well and I hope you are somehow able to not compromise what you say, because it's now your living. Good luck and you are braver than I would be.
edit on 5-12-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

You good up to the idiot part. Keep your IT skills up and marketable.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

originally posted by: dug88

I'm at work so I can't watch any of your videos so i'm not sure exactly what your sound problems are, but these are just some general tips.

Invest in a decent microphone, a condenser mic or something, get a pop filter for it and Use a spectrum analyzer to figure out where your voice is and use an equalizer plugin of some kind to boost the needed frequencies and cut out the low bass and high crackly treble. You can maybe try a compressor plugin if you find it's too quiet but turning up the gain causes static. Also pay attention to the meter when you record. If it goes red. You'll get static. You can always record at a lower gain and make it louder later.

I have the mic and filter. I'm using Audacity to record my audio. I'm using the built in noise reduction and compressor. I just recorded and tried simply lowering the record volume which seems to have improved it a little.

Ya a lot of recording problems come from having too much gain during recording. Making sure the track doesn't peak above -0.1dB goes a long way to improving the quality of the sound.

I'd still recommend cutting out below 60hz and above 16000hz with either a bandpass filter or an equalizer. Those frequencies will just add noise to voices and muddy the sound. You can probably cut more off the low end unless you have a really deep voice. A lot of sounds you'll pick up at those frequencies are not really sounds you want. Most audio your record should be run through an equalizer anyway at the very least. With an equalizer you can shape the frequencies of your recordings pretty much any way you want.
edit on 5/12/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You should be scared. You've only got 43K subscribers. You're not YouTube certified (no check mark) and unless you get zillions of views that's not enough to support you. Plus you are at the whim of YouTube where just a change in policy could do you in. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Had a look - you are pro Trump. You seem to have a normal human beings take on events, however, if you get too big YouTube will shut you down - especially if elections are coming up... 2020 will be a huge purge from all social media. You should have a back up plan, or consider just bashing Trump 24/7 in the most extreme and crazy way possible. That guarantees you will be ok with Youtube and there are enough crazies out there to keep your channel ticking over.
edit on Wed Dec 5 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
just checked out your channel, one bit of unsolicited advice. Invest in a quality microphone, your sound quality on the couple videos I watched was not great. Only negative I can see is you only have 40k subs that cant be pulling in much in the form of ad revenue....good luck I subscribed.....

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well, if it all goes pear-shaped then there's always pizza delivery.

Personally, I think YouTube is precarious and not suited to someone who needs a stable income (with kids), so think you are taking a risky option. That's just me of course. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just plugged your channel into the YT calc and got this:

Look about correct?
You seem to be getting good engagement.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
You should be scared. You've only got 43K subscribers. You're not YouTube certified (no check mark) and unless you get zillions of views that's not enough to support you. Plus you are at the whim of YouTube where just a change in policy could do you in. Good luck.

I can be certified, just haven't done it yet for some reason. What I've been making up to this point is most certainly enough to support the family. It's way more than I'm making at the IT job. Although, it has been plunging as of late.

Yeah, it's a risky prospect. The rewards though.....

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzelfuzz
just checked out your channel, one bit of unsolicited advice. Invest in a quality microphone, your sound quality on the couple videos I watched was not great. Only negative I can see is you only have 40k subs that cant be pulling in much in the form of ad revenue....good luck I subscribed.....

Its probably way better than you would guess. Also, I've been getting emails about advertising for other companies. I have t-shirts for sale soon and I'm working on getting the website going. My main focus right now is getting ready for the next election.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
DP
edit on 5-12-2018 by Thejoncrichton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Well, of course...but he didn't say he did or was intending to going forward.

And, it's always good...and scary...to strike out on your own...

I know we all wish him well...but the feedback he was seeking is a good thing too....gotta see it from all directions...the positives and negatives.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

No, I did already put in my resignation. It's done.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Subscribed!!

You are correct - Joyless Baher is a prized bitch of the highest order. Off to watch some more.

ETA: Sometimes you just need to hear it from others so here goes - you have made the conscious decision to become an entrepreneur insofar that you will now directly suffer the financial consequences of the decisions you make. You could lose everything or you could become very wealthy, either way, it's all on you to make the outcome as beneficial as possible,each and every day.

Congrats on bub #2 - give your wife lots of foot rubs, this will prove most beneficial moving forward.
edit on 5/12/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Dec 5 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I can sure appreciate that w the wife, and was in a similar situation some time ago with being on the wife's ins...go for it!

Career and company changes is always stressful anyway. You have nothing to lose!

Congrats on the change, congrats on the 'incoming lil one"...and take it slow and steady...Things have ways of working themselves out.

Nerves are part of the process! God bless!

M.S.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Depending on how good your YT channel was doing.....if I were your wife I would wanna kill you!!! LOLOL!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I'd say tough it out and work the long hours with both the full time jobs until the wife gets done being pregnant just in case the ice gets a little too thin with the YouTube channel but thats just me. Good luck bud, I hope you make MILLIONS!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starwise

Depending on how good your YT channel was doing.....if I were your wife I would wanna kill you!!! LOLOL!!!!!!!

She supports me.

Also, thanks to all of you for your input. I really appreciate it.

edit on 5-12-2018 by Thejoncrichton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Best country in the world to be a capitalist! You go!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join