It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am confused by Mueller strategy of not giving immunity to everyone

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This whole Mueller investigation makes no sense to me. I thought he was a seasoned investigator who would get to the bottom of any Russian collusion crimes.

But for some reason, he seems top be abandoning the model set forth by the FBI on how to properly conduct an investigation.

This is especially odd as not only did he run the FBI at one point, but he was the mentor of former FBI head james Comey.

Now Comey and his FBI showed us how to run a proper investigation that seeks to find justice in the most unbiased and efficient possible way.

And I know that his FBI's methods were best because the Democrats and their media mouth pieces told me over and over that to criticize the FBI was hurting the country. So obviously they are so infallible that their methods are honed to near perfection.

I was skeptical all the while of Mueller deviating from the FBI's formula, but didnt say much until the release of the Flynn charges last night.

Now I feel it is time to speak up, so here goes.

Why didnt Mueller just hand immunity out to everyone?

It makes no sense!

You are telling me that investigators should look for crimes for lower level people, tell those people they will do jail time for those crimes if they dont cooperate, and then see if they flip on the higher ups you are after? That seems insane!

Comey and his FBI showed us the true path to justice with their investigation in Hillary.

First, they found crimes that lower level people connected to Hillary committed, such as lying to the FBI. For example, we know Mills and Abedin lied to the FBI about not knowing about Hillarys server until after she was SOS, because there were emails going back as far to 2009 showing the did know.

Now once Comeys FBI found those crimes, he gave the people that committed them immunity! That is brilliant! Now that these people had no fear of being charged with any crimes, let alone the ones they already knew the FBI knew they committed, they would be free to turn on their team and bosses if they liked!

What a shrewd strategy! And it continued.

Comeys team even showed that when they subpoenaed evidence, and it was destroyed instead of being handed over to the FBI, it was best to not charge that crime either. In fact, they gave the guy who did that immunity as well! See how brilliant this is?

Its almost as if Mueller would foolishly charge people for crimes like destroying subpoenaed evidence. How dumb would that be!

The FBi also showed us that its smart to have one guy do all of the interviews of everyone, preferably a guy who can smell the peoples he is investigating opponents supporters in Wal Marts, and wants an insurance policy in case that opponent wins the election. Very smart of the FBI here!

And of course he would also interview Flynn, who Mueller just charged. This guy, Strzok, knew that when he interviewed Mills and Abedin they lied, but didnt charge them. But he thought flynn was telling the truth, and so Mueller did charge flynn with a crime. Seems odd, but ok.

Of course the FBI also let suspects they knew had committed crimes and gave immunity to set in when they interviewed Hillary, also a brilliant move.

It puzzles me that Papadopolous, Flynn, Manafort, etc were all interviewed separately by Mueller. Didnt he learn from the FBI they should have all been in the room together so they could keep their story straight?

And of course we know from released text messages that FBI agents themselves thought it was Obvious Hillary lied to them when she said she thought the "C" on documents was alphabetical order instead of classified. And so they didnt charge her with that lie! What a brilliant way to get to the truth!

Mueller on the other hand seems to be charging people with crimes. How does that make sense?

And lastly, we know that Comey took the very intelligent strategy of writing an exoneration for Hillary well before they even spoke to her. It seems as if Mueller may be waiting to write such a letter until the investigation is over? What sort of backwards tactic is that?

Through the FBI's brilliant use of strategy, they were able to show that by handing out immunity to everyone, there are no crimes to be charged! Thus we, the American people they serve, can be confident that no crimes were committed.

Mueller on the other hand seems to be actively trying to prosecute crimes? I just dont get it.

He should of handed out immunity to everyone from the get go, like the brilliant FBI did.

Fortunately, seeing as how the democrats and their media pals have told me for over a year how awesome the FBI is, and how its unamerican to criticize them, I know that they will spend all day being outraged that Mueller is not following their protocol.

They will be demanding immunity for everyone connected to trump like the FBI did for Hillary, because if their is one thing we know about the democrats and their media pals, its that they are only interested in justice, and wouldnt want double standards.

edit on 5-12-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The entire Mueller investigation against Trump is a pure 100 percent cover operation for Hillary's Uranium one deals with Russia, and Mueller was helping Hillary make that happen. Russia even assigned 10 spies to run cover for Hillary to help it stay hidden.
The entire fiasco is a smokescreen. Well, this is what I heard and I would bet real money it is true.

ETA: Perhaps Mueller isn't granting all immunity so they will plead the 5th instead, and thereby hide evidence he doesn't want witnesses to reveal which will harm Clinton or her pals.
edit on 5-12-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

people under investigation cannot talk

plus it hurts us and russian relations, cannot have that...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I see many facets to this story. I also believe that this is a cover-up for Hillary and the top levels of government as well. The sh*t covers both Democrats and some Republicans also (never Trumpers). They are all making themselves rich beyond our imagination.

Mueller is insuring that no Repulican will run again for President who is not a part of the ruling elite (swamp). Everyone related to the Trump aministration is being vilanized as in the Kavanaugh appointment. Mueller's investigation will never end until Trump is financially broken and or in jail. The short term goal of the Mueller's witch hunt is to interfere with the 2020 election insuring Hillary's return. This is why you see so many conflicts in this whole investigation that goes un-noticed.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

TL:dR

Expect the unexpected. Half the country or more now doesn't care about law. They just hate Trump because they have been told to and anything against Trump is a divine mission. Like the crusades or Sharia law this movement against Trump is philosophically incapable of being wrong. Welcome to the new paradigm.
edit on 12/5/18 by Ksihkehe because: Stupid forced emoji.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think it doesn't seem to make sense at this point because we're only seeing small parts of it around the fringes.

Most of what is going on is still redacted.

I suspect once more of it is out, it might all start to make more sense.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Muller is just trying to be the next Kenneth Star. His circus will end in 2024 after Trumps second term.

S + F for OP
edit on 5-12-2018 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And I think the thing a lot of people on this website forget as they go on about how it's a witch hunt and a waste of time and not finding anything, is so far the Mueller investigation has resulted in bringing charges against:

1) 1) George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, was arrested in July 2017 and pleaded guilty last October to making false statements to the FBI. He got a 14-day sentence.

2) Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted on a total of 25 different counts by Mueller’s team, related mainly to his past work for Ukrainian politicians and his finances. He had two trials scheduled, and the first ended in a conviction on eight counts of financial crimes.

3) Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, was indicted on similar charges to Manafort. But in February he agreed to a plea deal with Mueller’s team, pleading guilty to just one false statements charge and one conspiracy charge.

4) Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pleaded guilty last December to making false statements to the FBI.

5-20) 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies were indicted on conspiracy charges, with some also being accused of identity theft. The charges related to a Russian propaganda effort designed to interfere with the 2016 campaign. The companies involved are the Internet Research Agency, often described as a “Russian troll farm,” and two other companies that helped finance it. The Russian nationals indicted include 12 of the agency’s employees and its alleged financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin.

21) Richard Pinedo: This California man pleaded guilty to an identity theft charge in connection with the Russian indictments, and has agreed to cooperate with Mueller. He was sentenced to 6 months in prison and 6 months of home detention in October.

22) Alex van der Zwaan: This London lawyer pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Rick Gates and another unnamed person based in Ukraine. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and has completed his sentence.

23) Konstantin Kilimnik: This longtime business associate of Manafort and Gates, who’s currently based in Russia, was charged alongside Manafort with attempting to obstruct justice by tampering with witnesses in Manafort’s pending case this year.

24-35) 12 Russian GRU officers: These officers of Russia’s military intelligence service were charged with crimes related to the hacking and leaking of leading Democrats’ emails in 2016.

36) Michael Cohen: In August, Trump’s former lawyer pleaded guilty to 8 counts — tax and bank charges, related to his finances and taxi business, and campaign finance violations — related to hush money payments to women who alleged affairs with Donald Trump, as part of a separate investigation in New York (that Mueller had handed off). But in November, he made a plea deal with Mueller too, for lying to Congress about efforts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

So you know, so far 36 people, and a whole bunch guilty pleads from people who realised they had been caught and were in fact guilty as charged.

The Mueller investigation, like it or not, is by definition cleaning the swamp.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

None of these charges had to do with the original mandate and claim, which was investigating trump russian collusion.

But lets forget that for a moment as I get back into character.

So wait, you are telling me the Mueller actually charging people foor these smaller crimes is worth while and helping in the invetsigation?

Then why did the brilliant FBI grant immunity for nothing in return to all of the people in the hillary investigation, several of which committed the very crimes you are saying were important to prosecute and list here about muellers team charging trump people with?

Surely there wouldn't be a double standard?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

You are telling me that investigators should look for crimes for lower level people, tell those people they will do jail time for those crimes if they dont cooperate, and then see if they flip on the higher ups you are after? That seems insane!

Comey and his FBI showed us the true path to justice with their investigation in Hillary.

Well, bingo.

This isn't a real investigation, it's a political theatre to take a elected President down.

The only people who still believe in this investigation are the ones brainwashed by the MSM and the ones who have no clue on how to properly run an investigation.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I hate to do this, but let me clarify my OP.

For those that didnt know, I was being satirical.

Now look, I think the Mueller investigation is a witch hunt designed to bring down trump as opposed to honestly investigating russian interference. This seems likely seeing as how mueller is not interested in investigating dmeocrat and hillary connectons to some of these very same russians.

But step back from that for a minute.

The general strategy that mueller is using; of charging low level people with crimes, then trying to have them flip, is pretty standard and often times works.

The point of my OP is not criticizing that general startegy, but in fact asking why the very people cheering that on (mostly dmeocrats) had no problem with Comeys fbi doing the exact opposite of that.

So I watch all of these people that dislike trump on the media and even ats salivate and say "Oh look flynn must have cooporated, this shows Trump is in trouble! Flynn had no choice because mueller was going to take him down!"

Like they implicitly know that charging with crimes and seek people to flip is a good strategy.

Yet these very same people bluster how innocent Hillary is, and how no one was charged in her campaign, knowing all the while the FBI never charged people with crimes around her, despite knowing they committed them, and trying to get them to flip.

The Mueller investigation and the reaction by people that dislike trump prove that the Hillary investigation by the FBI was a sacm designed to let criminals walk free.

This is the double standard that disgusts me, and the fact we have a corrupt investigative agency like the FBI that would enage in this kind of corruption is more dangerous than any of the crimes mueller has charged or is even investigating.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I will refer you to the above post. It's beautifully worded and accurate.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

HooHaa!
Second Line.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Brilliant! 😎

(and no this post was not satire)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
There is a new word being used with the Mueller investigation. It is "testa-lying" an adjective describing coercing of information to fit a desired narrative true or not.

new topics

top topics

join