It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmakers: Probe Alexander Acosta’s ‘Shocking’ Plea Deal With Jeffrey Epstein

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
www.thedailybeast.com...

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla.—Hours after Jeffrey Epstein settled a civil lawsuit that was about to go to trial, a Florida congresswoman stood outside the courthouse and demanded an investigation into another aspect of the disgraced billionaire’s long-running drama: the role Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta played in a sweetheart plea deal.

“We are hoping for transparency,” Rep. Lois Frankel, a Democrat, said at a press conference a day after she and 14 other lawmakers called on the Department of Justice inspector general to open a probe.

“It is just a shocking plea agreement.”

She was referring to the 2008 deal that Epstein, accused of paying dozens of girls for sex and intimate massages, cut with Acosta, who was then the top federal prosecutor in Miami. It allowed the politically connected hedge-fund manager to plead guilty to two minor state charges and avoid any serious prison time.

How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime

But on the morning of the breakfast meeting, a deal was struck — an extraordinary plea agreement that would conceal the full extent of Epstein’s crimes and the number of people involved.

Not only would Epstein serve just 13 months in the county jail, but the deal — called a non-prosecution agreement — essentially shut down an ongoing FBI probe into whether there were more victims and other powerful people who took part in Epstein’s sex crimes, according to a Miami Herald examination of thousands of emails, court documents and FBI records.

The pact required Epstein to plead guilty to two prostitution charges in state court. Epstein and four of his accomplices named in the agreement received immunity from all federal criminal charges. But even more unusual, the deal included wording that granted immunity to “any potential co-conspirators’’ who were also involved in Epstein’s crimes. These accomplices or participants were not identified in the agreement, leaving it open to interpretation whether it possibly referred to other influential people who were having sex with underage girls at Epstein’s various homes or on his plane.

As part of the arrangement, Acosta agreed, despite a federal law to the contrary, that the deal would be kept from the victims. As a result, the non-prosecution agreement was sealed until after it was approved by the judge, thereby averting any chance that the girls — or anyone else — might show up in court and try to derail it.

Ahh yes, ATS loves to talk about how this billionaire pedo is such great friends with Bill Clinton but ATS conservatives either ignore or deny his relationship with Trump. They hung out, a lot. But that's besides the point because this story is about how money can get you to be above the law. In this case, a current Trump cabinet member, Alex Acosta, gave this billionaire pedo a SWEETHEART deal by giving him a "YEAR" in prison for having sex with underage girls and sex trafficking. Trump's United States Secretary of Labor, Alex Acosta, allowed this billionaire pedo to leave prison during the day so he could go to his posh office to "WORK" while ceasing the FBI's criminal case into him and other powerful rich pedos, like Bill Clinton and possibly Donald J. Trump, amongst others. But that case was shut down so we'll never know how deep this pedo rings actually goes. Yet conservatives have fairy tales about nonexistent basements in pizza parlors. You fools!

So Trump supporters, your Dear Leader not only knows and hung out with this billionaire pedo but he hired his PROSECUTOR who gave him a SWEETHEART deal to become OUR United States Secretary of Labor.

Drain the swamp MY ASS! HYPOCRITES!
edit on 4-12-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

We live in a Banana Republic, Broseph.

Rule of law left the building with Elvis.

I think they are sharing a condo somewhere in Nebraska.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

First, I never really saw evidence of trump hanging out with him other than them being at the same golf course. Not trump flying to his island or anything, though I could be wrong.

Secondly, trump having a cabinet member involved in this porsecution is not the same as Bill fling to orgy island many times with epstein.

However, I agree with the rest of your premise.

This deal was unexcusable, and is protecting very high people, no doubt republican and democrat, and possibly even trump.

They should all be held accountable, period. I am sick and tired of the elite getting away with crimes, and this is as heinous of a crimes as it gets.

We also see high level people in countries like the UK getting away with accusations of terrible sexual crimes, sometimes even against children.

I needs to end now, and I dont care if anyone I like or voted for is taken down.

All of the investigators and prosecutors that let this go should be fired and investigated themselves. Trump should be ashamed to bring this man on, and the democrat lady is right to bring attention to it.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We live in a Banana Republic, Broseph.

Rule of law left the building with Elvis.

I think they are sharing a condo somewhere in Nebraska.

You're not wrong, my friend. Point well taken.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah, that's because you didn't bother to look or you kept your head firmly planted into the ground. Either way, past failures of research or not, new information about this has come to light so what will you do with it now?

Jeffrey Epstein: International Moneyman of Mystery

He's pals with a passel of Nobel Prize–winning scientists, CEOs like Leslie Wexner of the Limited, socialite Ghislaine Maxwell, even Donald Trump. But it wasn't until he flew Bill Clinton, Kevin Spacey, and Chris Tucker to Africa on his private Boeing 727 that the world began to wonder who he is.

Epstein likes to tell people that he's a loner, a man who's never touched alcohol or drugs, and one whose nightlife is far from energetic. And yet if you talk to Donald Trump, a different Epstein emerges. "I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,'' Trump booms from a speakerphone. "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it -- Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

edit on 4-12-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Careful !!!

This subject could be another perjury trap !!!

😎🚬💨

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Completely agree with your OP.

We have two sets of laws now.. one for the rich and politically connected and another set for us common folks.

This is a convicted sex offender we are talking about... I think chemical castration isn't enough.

That Acosta got this scumbag light time REALLY needs looked into.

S&F...

ETA... I didn't know you were going to turn this thread into a guilt by association thing because of your TDS.

Should have stuck with the facts... I'll not flag you the next time you are right on something, which should be in a few years.

edit on 4-12-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Ahh yes, ATS loves to talk about how this billionaire pedo is such great friends with Bill Clinton but ATS conservatives either ignore or deny his relationship with Trump

And how you loved to call them all idiots for believing conspiracy theories .

Unless its Trump LMAO.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Right, trump said he knew the guy and he was good.

Does that prove trump was flying to his island?

heck I dont even know if Bill Clinton is guilty of anything just because he flew there.

I said Trump shouldnt have this prosecutor on his cabinet.

I said for all i know trup could be one of the elite protected by epsteins prosecution, and if so he should be punished.

You chose to make this a partisan issue, maybe I should check back and see if you were screaming not to elect hillary because she knew of her hsubands connections to epstein.

Maybe you were, but I doubt.

So before you accuse others of having their heads in the ground, maybe you should look in the mirror.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Funny no one wanted to investigate this Epstein thing until they could tie it to Trump and it is a very loose thread at best. I would be all for it if they investigate everything, not just the part to try and make trump look bad

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein, in opposing Acosta for labor secretary, noted that “his handling of a case involving sex trafficking of underage girls when he was a U.S. attorney suggests he won’t put the interests of workers and everyday people ahead of the powerful and well-connected.’’

Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

Mr. Trump likes people with guts?

That would be Sen. Diane Feinstein.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein, in opposing Acosta for labor secretary, noted that “his handling of a case involving sex trafficking of underage girls when he was a U.S. attorney suggests he won’t put the interests of workers and everyday people ahead of the powerful and well-connected.’’

So much guts that she was very vocal about this and hillarys hsubands connections during the 2016 campaign.

Oh wait, she was silent when it could hurt her party.

But yep, I guess thats guts!

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Meh.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Meh.

Hey dont get me wrong, better late than never.

But c'mon, if pelosi had guts she would have called this out much earlier, even if it met hurting hillary in sme way.

To wait until now and use it to go after trump isnt guts at all.

But hey, if it results in justice, I am all for it.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Good grief. Everything is partisan and history for you.

Try living in the present. It's actually very disturbing.

/peace out

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The same Feinstein that tried to sabotage Kavanaugh?

The same Feinstein who colluded with China for decades?

THAT Feinstein?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

/peace out

So I am partisan for calling out pelosi only caring about epstein when it affects trump.

Hahahaha!

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

/peace out

Yea, ignoring history is completely optimal for a positive future!

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

/peace out

sogo back decades for anything on Trump but stay in the now for anyone on the left.

LOL

Twice

edit on 4-12-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You know, I could give a rats ass about your thread.

The deal breaker is when you posted,

"Possible Donald J Trump", as if insinuated that he himself is a Pedo.

I take great offense to this and it only demostrates your extreme TDS and unAmerican views.

If all you have is guilt by association BS thread, than you have a nothingburger as usual.

I mean, you never cared about this before, you have no desire to call out Pedos or do some justice or good, lol, what? Did you think you're doing any good here? Naw, you could care less and it never mattered before until, ORANGE MAN BAD came along.

Lmfao, that's literally it. If anything, you're the hypocrite, ignoring the serious and bigger issues just cause you hate YOUR POTUS, I mean that's a personal problem you'll have to come to terms with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join