It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The afterlife, no idea where to post this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I was thinking about this. The veiw of the afterlife has been depicted differently through out history, by many different civillizations. The most popular belief being Heaven and hell.

So thinking about the after life i concluded, the after life is a 24/7 dream. The after life is how you depict it. What you believe it to be in life it will be in death. Wether it be good, or bad. Its all up to you, everything that you want to be, is, in your own little dream.

I just find it interesting to see how its heaven and hell in the after life, now. Throughout history, it hasnt always been heaven and hell, in some parts its not heaven and hell.

So what is the after life? Is there an after life? All these questions will be asked for millenia to come. The only way to truly know is to die. Then its either a big wake up, or bliss.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing than to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

Free will was not a gift to the mud and blood you call your body but a gift to YOU. You had it before you came here and you chose to come here. You have it now and you shall have it when you leave this world.

It's not a question of what will happen to you when you leave this world, the question is what are you going to do when you move on?

My personal suggestion is that you stop being a victim of all that the universe throws at you and start taking control of your own soul.

What the heck do you want to do when you die? It WILL be your choice. You just need to make up your mind.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Very well said, I'm very much in agreement but could not have said it better.

This is very inspiring for a research project, however I find it will be difficult to locate people who have died then came back to mention it. I've heard of a few cases, but it isn't common. Like people comeing to, on the morticians table.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
/there is no such thing as choice,every thing is written eg astrology and you go your next lif according to your karma and when you reach purity state you get moksha.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Dear Believe,
I hope yu don't mind me quoting you,

"The most popular belief being Heaven and hell."
Sublimital programing? Why did you capitalize Heaven and not hell? Maybe your answer is closer than you think. Or maybe I'm just completely spun off my frickin' rocker.

I'm gonna grab a beer and sing some Janis now:
Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz......

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I like Warthog911"s answer too,
It's KARMA, so basicly we're all screwed.
My motto in life is , "What Comes Around Goes Around."
It takes the fun out of everything

I gotta go find somebody to adopt me. BYE!!!
metalmom

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Just wanted to mention a movie that I think flows along with this thread.

What Dreams May Come
movies.yahoo.com...
www.amazon.com...

I'm unsure if the original poster has seen it, but I think that it has a fairly decent ideal for heaven and a strangely logical depiction of hell.

It follows the "Life of the soul" line of thought in many regards, and in that I too believe.

In my estimation, while we sit here, at a computer discussing these things. We are also, from a "spiritual" standpoint, existing in another, non-physical manifestation of reality. This non-physical manifestation could be considered to be the realm of "sub conscious", the "driver at the wheel" (with our body being the vehicle).

What's the point of it all though? Nobody here now truly knows for sure.

A school of sorts? You come and repeat until such time as you have faced the major trials of humanity and understand the nature of each?

That's what I'd like to believe, but that's just a belief, not fact so don't hold me to that

Maybe it's really some crazy "spiritual prison" ala Scientology. While I don't personally believe in anything scientology has to say, I did research it for a long time to find out its secrets. Ancient alien souls trapped on this planet by an evil emperor is a little wacky for me. But once again I don't know that it’s not true.

The things that I'm least convinced of are the concepts of Heaven and Hell. I think that both of those could easily be morality constructs by organized religions.

I do believe there is something "greater" than us all. A "God" or "Source" from which all this flows. But I don't try to assume I know what it is. For all I know "God" could be a giant gamma radiation "cloud" out in the center of the Universe, or it could be the total sum of all our consciousnesses combined on a plane of the multiverse. But I think whatever it is; it's out there.

Anyways, I'm rambling. I really just wanted to reference that movie, but wound up typing all this because it's the first time I've gotten to relax at the pc for at least a week, everything/everyone is always in such a rush, myself included.

Everyone holds a different view of things, but just because yours seems unique, doesn't make yours any less valid.

Good luck in your search.

X

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
"Dear Believe,
I hope yu don't mind me quoting you,

"The most popular belief being Heaven and hell."
Sublimital programing? Why did you capitalize Heaven and not hell? Maybe your answer is closer than you think. Or maybe I'm just completely spun off my frickin' rocker. "

hahaha, i did do that didnt i. No its not subliminal.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
believe,

not sure if this helps or not.

this came to me in my 30's , [ I've had an interest in spirituality , but religion was always a tough one for me.] anyways on to my experiences. kinda hard to describe and I can't remember what it was that triggered the memory. one more thing before I describe it , as a kid I HATED being pushed to do anything by anyone. ok, so here goes. before I was born I remember resisting coming here , and was simply told, "it was my time ". I can't describe a place or a person, or what I was doing prior to this event [ being sent here ] I hope that was clear...I never told anyone outside of family about this before , so typing it out is even harder than verbalizing it is.
2nd experience. as a kid...I flew in my sleep...not to be confused with dreams about flying. this wasn't a dream....my spirit was looking for an entrance to go back to where I came from [ kinda weird , eh ? ]...I stopped flying [ astral projection ? ] in my sleep somewhere about 8-10 yrs old. I had totally forgotten about it , til later in life.

so , for me I know I existed before birth and I expect I'll go to a similar place when my spirit leaves this body someday.

heaven and hell ? couldn't tell ya...

I've have one final experience...I'll save for later in this thread should it continue, or on another.

john lear had some interesting comments about us being referred to by the aliens, as containers. I suppose, in a crude , non-romanticized way, that seems to be true to me. my spirit is contained in this body.

top topics

join