It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina House Race mired in voter fraud allegations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
As of today, the election board in North Carolina (4 Republicans, 4 Democrats, 1 independent) have voted 7-2 on two occasions to not recognize the results of the House District 9 race due to irregularities. When asked why the election board would not recognize the election results, this is what Joshua Malcom, the board's vice chair had to say:

claims of numerous irregularities and concerted fraudulent activities related to absentee mail ballots,

So what are those irregularities?

To begin with, it was just an anomaly. A low population rural county, Bladen County, sent in more 'mail-in' absentee ballots than it's more populous neighboring counties. Then, election officials noticed there was a major disparity between the number of absentee ballots requested and those received in both Bladen and Robeson County. Across the entire 9th district the percentage of un-returned absentee ballots sits at 24%. In Bladen County that number was 40% and in Robeson County that number was 64%.[1] Additionally, even though the overall win margin was just 905 votes Harris won Bladen County by 1557 votes well out of line for any other Republican in the county.[2]

Also of note, those missing absentee ballots dis-proportionally belong to minority voters.

So what happened to those absentee ballots which were requested but not turned in?

Now the story shifts to McCrae Dowless Jr. Dowless was contracted to work for one of the campaigns in the House District 9 race. But why focus on this guy? Well, in 2016 he testified before the state board of election during a disputed gubernatorial race. During that hearing he was asked if he had paid people to collect, fill out and turn absentee ballots in Bladen County. He pleaded the 5th.[4] Plus, he has been convicted of felony insurance fraud in the past.[5]

But what did he do during the election?

Well, as it turns out dozens of affidavits have been turned over to the election board implicating Dowless and his associates as perpetrators of voter fraud. Multiple individuals have claimed that individuals claiming to represent Dowless came to their homes and took their absentee ballots, telling them that they would send them in for them. Some of the ballots were not completely filled out. Additionally, at least one of those people representing Dowless has confessed to collecting these ballots and handing them over to Dowless.[6]

Bottom Line:

Allegedly Dowless collected absentee ballots from minority voters and if they were for the Democrat candidate he did not turn them in. Additionally, if the ballots he collected were not filled out completely, he allegedly filled them out for his candidate, Harris, and turned those in.

Nothing is proven yet, but with this many irregularities the election board may call for a new election.

Also, if the election board's investigation is able to prove Harris knew of or directed Dowless's actions then that's a whole different can of worms. Only time will tell for sure.

[1] Vote fraud allegations leave N.C. House race unresolved with no clear path forward
[2] North Carolina Vote Results
[3] At center of voter fraud scandal, a convicted felon and ‘grassroots’ campaigner
[4] This American Life - Transcript
[5] Insurance Fraud
[6] Woman says she was paid to collect absentee ballots in North Carolina House race

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Well, fraud is fraud and, it seems there were vigilant people on the ground...I think it should be right to hold another vote given the circumstance and the large absence in votes et al.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I guess that's what happens when you elect a county official who already had a prior felony conviction from 1992. Live and learn.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This sound much like an earlier discussion here except that one was about the Democrats in California.
If nothing else this North Carolina debacle goes to how unscrupulous actors operate on both sides of the political divide.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

If nothing else this North Carolina debacle goes to how unscrupulous actors operate on both sides of the political divide.

I think many of us have been screaming for election reform in multiple areas for God knows how long.

Any demographic/ideology will have bad actors, we as humans should recognize that. That doesn't absolve any of the organizations from defending their bad actors afterwards though. I'm just saying we should really try and figure out how to nip this in the bud for future elections.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I'm not a hypocrite so I say investigate.

This is why we need to have real voter reform and ensure the integrity of the election.
edit on 4-12-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
This sound much like an earlier discussion here except that one was about the Democrats in California.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Exactly the point!

Neither side is pure, and fraud should be called out no matter what side is doing it.

But we shouldnt pretend fraud doesnt exist, and we should take it seriously.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

California just legalized this exact practice, calling it "vote harvesting," and it resulted in multiple districts flipping from Republican to Democrat.

Are you just as concerned about the potential for fraud there? Or do you not care because the potential fraud benefitted Democrats?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There is no such thing as voter fraud, we been told this time and time again. So if this is true, it has to be the first time it ever happened.

If voting is soooo important to you, you can get your butt to the voting both on one day, i hate early voting

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Maybe its just my imagination, but it seems to me we are seeing ever more and more of this. And then.....there's Orange County California.

www.thegatewaypundit.com... r-governor/

The Republican candidate won the governor’s race in Orange County but every single House seat picked up enough votes AFTER ELECTION DAY to sweep Orange County.

They just keep counting late ballots until they get the desired result!

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It is bipartisan skulduggery, yep. I can only add though that describing these practices as ''in the bud'' is wishful thinking.
Maybe if we the people could stop bickering over ''you did it, no YOU did it'' we might get somewhere as more and more people become aware of these problems in or voting system,

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

So you're saying they counted ALL the ballots? You have a problem with this why?

Or are you saying you have proof that they stopped counting ballots when their candidates won? That would be huge. Lets see the proof of your statement or you can admit you are just blowing smoke out of your ass
edit on 4-12-2018 by tinner07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: TonyS

So you're saying they counted ALL the ballots? You have a problem with this why?

Because there is no chain of custody, and thus no way to know that the people collecting the votes didn't throw out all the ones for the other candidate. Or that the people collecting the votes didn't fill out the ballots themselves at the campaign headquarters.

Also, there the little matter of one precinct in Orange County that had 120% voter turnout. Oops. Other precincts had only slightly less implausible turnouts, like 88%. On the surface, it sure look like California essentially legalized ballot box stuffing.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

California just legalized this exact practice, calling it "vote harvesting," and it resulted in multiple districts flipping from Republican to Democrat.

Are you just as concerned about the potential for fraud there? Or do you not care because the potential fraud benefitted Democrats?

While the two cases are similar I don't believe they are direct correlations. The law in California is to allow third parties to turn in the ballots of other voters. However, those ballots must be filled out and signed by the actual voter. Then the person that collected them must take them to the polling place and sign in as a 3rd party ballot deliver person. Plus, according to the law the ballot is to remain confidential in order to not allow the person delivering the ballots to know who they voted for.

In North Carolina, you have a guy travelling around lying to people saying he would turn in their ballots and actually collecting ballots that aren't filled out. He then proceeds to not turn in any ballots for the Democrat and fill out the ones he can for the Republican and then mail them in.

Is there a chance for voter fraud in California with this new law? Yes, but so far there have not been any evidence that any ballots were withheld or tampered with in California and the law seems to have done exactly what it was supposed to do, enfranchise more people. If there is any voter fraud documented by Democrats, you can mark my words I will call them out just as well.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Very good post.

Yes as you say the difference is that it is alleged in NC that this man basically didnt turn in democratic ballots that would otherwise have been handed in.

I have not seen that in California, though it conceivably could have happened.

The point is one fraud allegations shouldnt be overlooked or downplayed because the other side did it somewhere else.

I want all votes counted, non illegal votes to be counted, and if that means my "side" loses, so be it.

The process is far more inmportant than my side winning.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Very good post.

Yes as you say the difference is that it is alleged in NC that this man basically didnt turn in democratic ballots that would otherwise have been handed in.

I have not seen that in California, though it conceivably could have happened.

The point is one fraud allegations shouldnt be overlooked or downplayed because the other side did it somewhere else.

I want all votes counted, non illegal votes to be counted, and if that means my "side" loses, so be it.

The process is far more inmportant than my side winning.

I couldn't agree more.

Voting is in my opinion the single most important right we as citizens have in this country. If someone is eligible to vote, their vote should count even if that person is directly and vehemently opposed to my point of view.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Nowhere did the OP mention a political party (outside of the governing board) and here you go dragging it in.

Fraud is fraud no matter what gender/ethnic background/race/left or right handed does it and it should be investigated and persecuted to the full extent of the law.

As for North Carolina, this state gets shady sometimes, racist white folks have/will do anything and or everything to get/remain in power.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Given BlackJackal's track record, it's not hard to figure out where his interests lay here.

If this guy broke the law, he needs to be punished. But it frustrates me to no end when we see obvious malfeasance in places like Florida and California get overlooked by these exact same people who suddenly become interested when it's a Republican who did it.
edit on 4-12-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join