It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should irresponsible people have to suffer?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
So yesterday on another site I visit, there were two kids. Late teens early 20s.
They were asking people to give them money for a plane ticket and their three dogs back home.

Here is the story. They came with their three dogs to live with some friends. After two months the friends bailed and they only have a couple of days to move out with their dogs. They have no money, no place to stay, and now found out they are pregnant.

They were asking for people to give them money through gofundme to fund their airfare/ trip back home with their three dogs
One of their moms has sent money but it isn't enough.

Stories like these really bother me. What are two young people without funds doing with three dogs. Totally irresponsible.
Why aren't they using birth control. If they can't take care of themselves or their dogs or basic housing, why are they reproducing?
I just hate that they are just running back home to Mom and dad. Where I live there are now hiring signs EVERYWHERE most places pay significantly more than minimum wage. Temporary housing is available. I think the airfare part bothers me too, the place they are trying to go to is only 4 hours from here. You would think two able bodied adults would be able to save enough for a rental car.

I 100% guarantee that you are I will be supporting their child in the very near future.

I'm just so sick of It's not my fault generation, and I want everyone else to fix it for me generation.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Being stupid should hurt.

Let them learn the hard way.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

While, I agree that people should try everything in their arsenal to pick themselves up, I don't think it is our job to judge if they deserve to suffer. We have no idea how they got in that position.

Maybe they had those three dogs before they ran into money problems? I would not agree to let those dogs loose or take them to a killer shelter.

Maybe they were using birth control. I had a friend get pregnant while on birth control and using a condemn.

Maybe Mom and Dad is their last steps before shelters and the streets. Maybe it is the step they need to get a warm meal and good night's rest before they can go apply for jobs.

I am not defending these people because I know nothing about them, but I am also not judging them because I know nothing about them.

All in all, the younger generation is too reliant on the older generation, but who made them this way?

ETA: I'm also not giving them my money

edit on 4-12-2018 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

link   
If people help them out of this situation they will learn nothing from their mistakes. People aren’t doing them any favors by helping them. Save your donation money to help people that really need it because of circumstances that are no fault of their own.
edit on 2018/12/4 by Metallicus because: Sp

link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
So yesterday on another site I visit, there were two kids. Late teens early 20s.
They were asking people to give them money for a plane ticket and their three dogs back home.

Here is the story. They came with their three dogs to live with some friends. After two months the friends bailed and they only have a couple of days to move out with their dogs. They have no money, no place to stay, and now found out they are pregnant.

They were asking for people to give them money through gofundme to fund their airfare/ trip back home with their three dogs

Stories like these really bother me. What are two young people without funds doing with three dogs. Totally irresponsible.
Why aren't they using birth control. If they can't take care of themselves or their dogs or basic housing, why are they reproducing?
I just hate that they are just running back home to Mom and dad. Where I live there are now hiring signs EVERYWHERE most places pay significantly more than minimum wage. Temporary housing is available. I think the airfare part bothers me too, the place they are trying to go to is only 4 hours from here. You would think two able bodied adults would be able to save enough for a rental car.

I 100% guarantee that you are I will be supporting their child in the very near future.

I'm just so sick of It's not my fault generation, and I want everyone else to fix it for me generation.

I am curious if anyone is dumb enough to fund them. I know I wouldn't. What is the gofundme link? I want to see it.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Probably low key heroin addicts scamming....

Like you said, two abled bodied people can easily find work even at minimum wage that would be more than enough to put a roof over their heads.

The world, ghettos in particular, are full of people who continually make bad decisions. They don't have the ability or patience to think beyond the moment and cannot plan for the long term.

I often struggle with this situation because on the one hand, I am compassionate. On the other hand, I recognize the problem for what it is... people making dumb decisions expecting others to constantly bail them out. At some point, you have to let people hit rock bottom and learn to stand on their own.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I agree with you that people need to think about their actions and plan accordingly. That's one of the important life lessons of becoming an adult.

This sort of reckless behavior has been around for a lot longer than this generation. Teen pregnancy was almost an epidemic where I grew up. The media that young people watch does very little to educate kids about what it takes to start a family and shows like 16 and pregnant glorify (or glorified) early pregnancy.
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I thought I had it all figured out at 18 or 19. It took almost 20 years for me to realize I didn't know jack.
At 46 I now understand how important advice is from other people and the wisdom they've gained through hardship. People learning hard lessons DOES build character and maturity.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

While, I agree that people should try everything in their arsenal to pick themselves up, I don't think it is our job to judge if they deserve to suffer. We have no idea how they got in that position.

Maybe they had those three dogs before they ran into money problems? I would not agree to let those dogs loose or take them to a killer shelter.

Maybe they were using birth control. I had a friend get pregnant while on birth control and using a condemn.

Maybe Mom and Dad is their last steps before shelters and the streets. Maybe it is the step they need to get a warm meal and good night's rest before they can go apply for jobs.

I am not defending these people because I know nothing about them, but I am also not judging them because I know nothing about them.

All in all, the younger generation is too reliant on the older generation, but who made them this way?

"Who made them this way?"

That question burns my mind. It doesn't matter who made them anyway. No one is putting a gun to their head to make bad decisions. What in the hell is wrong with you? Why don't you understand that if you make dumb decisions, you get dumb prizes. I have a 24 year old son that is looking at maybe 6 years in state prison. All along for about 6 years straight, every time I talked to him I told him that he was making bad decisions and would end up going to prison. Even with that advice, from me and many others, he kept on with his keeping on.

So, in a nutshell these idiots made themselves. I am ok with making that judgement.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I am curious if anyone is dumb enough to fund them. I know I wouldn't. What is the gofundme link? I want to see it.

YES tons of people were funding them. I am looking for it but I wonder if fb marketplace took it down & apparently gofundme has thousands of people asking for money.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

My first knee jerk reaction was oh no poor kids, and then I had to stop myself.
I do feel bad for the unborn baby.

I find it most curious that neither had a job! I did a real quick job search within a 15 mile radius there are over 19 Thousand job openings !! Many are seasonal and would be able to get them back on their feet.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Eveyone suffers regardless of being responsible or not. Suffering is a normal aspect of life. if politicians can beg for money I see no problem with these people begging for money. I am against being forced to give people money, like we are forced to do under involuntary taxation.

Imo, since govemnemt will never stop collecting unconstitutional involuntary taxes & with the progression of automated jobs & large corporations, we should replace all federal social/welfare programs with a UBI. Evey U.S. citizen who is over 18 and who does not receive a government pension could receive a UBI of @ $20K per year, regardless if they have a job or not. That's how much money is currently being wasted through federal goverment social/welfare programs. This can be done under current tax brackets without raising taxes. People can use there UBI money in the free market on basic needs like housing, food, health insurance & higher education. The minimum wage could also be eliminated with a UBI which replaces all current social/welfare programs & 2 parent households will be promoted instead of single parent households.

I also believe we should offer people who turn 18 $10K if they volunteer to get their tubes tied. If they can afford to have children, they can afford to have the procedure reversed. This would save taxpayers tons of money in the long run.
edit on 4-12-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

When they are posting on a social site with all their problems and show ZERO evidence that they are trying to actually help themselves --- sorry i'm judging.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
Eveyone suffers regardless of being responsible or not. Suffering is a normal aspect of life. if politicians can beg for money I see no problem with these people begging for money. I am against being forced to give people money, like we are forced to do under involuntary taxation.

Imo, since govemnemt will never stop collecting unconstitutional involuntary taxes & with the progression of automated jobs & large corporations, we should replace all federal social/welfare programs with a UBI. Eveyone U.S. citizen who is over 18 and who does not receive a government pension could receive a UBI of @ $20K per year, regardless if they have a job or not. That's how much money is currently being wasted through federal goverment social/welfare programs. This can be done under current tax brackets without raising taxes. People can use there UBI money in the free market on basic needs like housing, food, health insurance & higher education. The minimum wage could also be eliminated with a UBI which replaces all current social/welfare programs & 2 parent households will be promoted instead of single parent households.

I also believe we should offer people who turn 18 $10K if they volunteer to get their tubes ties. Ifbtheuvcan afford to have children, they can afford to have the procedure reversed. This would save taxpayers tons of money in the long run.

The problem is that even with UBI, there are still going to be a large number of people who smoke theirs up or make dumb decisions with the money. They will soon be begging for money again and some libtard politician will be trying to reinstitute welfare.

People make dumb decisions. This is why lotto winners (and athletes) go broke / bankrupt at such high rates.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Hmmm...funny there's a person with a dog near where I live that uses a similar story...they've been there for a couple years now with the same sign that says they're leaving in a month. My rule is, if someone is around my age and in apparently good physical health then they can get a job or hit up a day labour place or even go on #ing welfare for all I care. But i can't handle people that just sit there doing nothing and begging and i'm not giving them money I just spent time working for so they can sit on the road all day. I've been unemployed and I spent all my time either looking for a job or earning money however I could.
edit on 4/12/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

So, in a nutshell these idiots made themselves. I am ok with making that judgement.

Unfortunately, some people simply become a product of their environment.

Everyone has a story to tell, so I'll withhold my judgement until I know that story in full.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm sorry kids, all my funds for helping people, goes to bums on the street.

I can use all the "God bless you, Sir" I can get.

A couple of bucks for a "blessing" seems like a pretty good deal!!
edit on 4-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Hmmm...funny there's a person with a dog near where I live that uses a similar story...they've been there for a couple years now with the same sign that says they're leaving in a month. My rule is, if someone is around my age and in apparently good physical health then they can get a job or hit up a day labour place or even go on #ing welfare for all I care. But i can't handle people that just sit there doing nothing and begging and i'm not giving them money I just spent time working for so they can sit on the road all day.

People are too gullible and emotional.

The VAST majority of people who are homeless / begging are just straight up crack heads / drug addicts. No amount of money is going to get them off the streets.

I've heard every kind of scam / sob story from these losers. To be fair, I hate seeing these people "suffering" but unless we as society are going to forcibly remove them from the street (completely ignoring their rights), there will always be people begging on streets.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

originally posted by: Fools

Unfortunately, some people simply become a product of their environment.

Everyone has a story to tell, so I'll withhold my judgement until I know that story in full.

I am worried that too many people these days are afraid to judge the obvious. Regardless of these peoples situation, you do not go somewhere and not have the funds to get back unless you don't care if you come back. This is no ones fault except the people that are in the situation. It is a very easy scenario to judge. The only caveat would be if they were robbed of their funds or transportation to get back home. That would be ok. Any other scenario, is their fault.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Glad you started this thread as I was going to open this discussion at one point. Where do we draw the line? In all aspects of our life, people make decisions and often times have bad consequences....

For example, in our health care debate, how much sympathy do we have for people who didn't purchase insurance? I see a lot of people who don't buy insurance because it is a "too expensive" but yet they can afford $30,000 cars, etc. They get hurt and then want to set up a gofund me. WTF? Maybe you should have bought health insurance first and a cheaper car!

Or people who don't save for retirement or a rainy day?

The big issue I have is that I often see people making a series of bad decisions. I think most of us are willing to help someone out in a time of need, but some of these people cannot stop doing dumb sh*t.

It is like how I see some hoodrats have one kid out of wedlock. Ok, you messed around and go preggers. Stupid, but we all make mistakes. But then when you show up with a 2nd or 3rd baby daddy and you still can barely take care of yourself, I am like how friggin stupid are you?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Or people who don't save for retirement or a rainy day?

I have family that I have been telling this to for 20 years. It falls on deaf ears.

Our entire welfare system rewards people for bad decisions, I don't know if I can blame them for taking advantage of it.
Hmmm work 40 hours or pop out ten kids.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join