It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's not Alien

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Why is it that UFO's are always thought of as being from another planet ? Is it not possible that they are a superior species native to the earth . When you look at the stories about Atlantis and the superior race of people that lived there is it not possible that The Atlantians developed technology that alowed them to dissapear under the Ocean . And since then have developed technologies far ahead of ours?

[edit on 25-2-2005 by ve7lgt]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well on that note there are definately a lot of stories of USOs, and if one has the capacity to imagine an extraterrestrial source of the objects penetrating our skies, then you could definately fathom a race of beings with a foothold right here on terra firma, inhabiting and utilizing the best hiding space on the planet, the seas!

Its definately possible.

I think its a mixture of both, I'm just pissed the blind-ass public hasn't been properly informed about really anything supernatural/extraterrestrial etc. and most ideas or notions brought up in public are still met with suffocating skepticism. Even on this supposedly open minded site.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yes, they do live amongst us or you could say we live amongst them.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I've thought the same thing many times myself... humans like to believe we are the most superior race on the planet, thus the idea that there may be a race equally, if not more advanced than us is something many wont accept... If we say its from outer space though, we can still claim superiority on the intellect level...

But at some point we would discover this race as we are (slowly) exploring the ocean depths... if the UFO's came from space, which is infinate (in theory), there is no way of us knowing if there is or isnt anything out there... its kinda more romantic and tickles the imagination more... for all we know they could be land based but our senses merely cant percieve them, only their ships... they could be human test aircraft, they could be an infinate number of things... thats the greatest thing about having imaginative minds... anything is possible

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

When you look at the stories about Atlantis and the superior race of people that lived there is it not possible that The Atlantians developed technology that alowed them to dissapear under the Ocean . And since then have developed technologies far ahead of ours?

By all means I'd suggest reading the actual historic text of Plato, the Timeus and the Critias Dialogues.... You'll see NO mention of technology with Atlantis... The tech aspect is from Edgar Cayce and modern sci-fi writers, it has NO basis in the actual historical account of Atlantis....

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well if its most likely true IMO and many others opinions that the egyptians had advanced technology then I have no doubt in my mind that if Atlantis did exist, it also had very advanced technology.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I doubt it. Why do I doubt it? No fossil remains, no findings of ancient civilization with superior technology, no evolutionary clues, no findings of their bases, etc. It also doesnt make much sense that a sentient species similar to us evolving would want to hide themselves from us, not to mention it would be incredibly hard to do. You can throw what ifs at me forever, but the fact of the matter is there is little to no evidence of a species with advanced technology somehow hiding from us on our own planet.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If they're more advanced than you what makes you think they're going to leave anything for you too find. If they look similiar to us they could be living next door to you and you wouldn't know it. It could be your dentist or doctor & you wouldn't know it.

How difficult would it be for me to go to a poor (3rd world) country & blend in with the native species if I looked similiar enough to them & spoke the language? I could live there just fine & by having knowledge a step or two beyond theirs I could probably maintain a pretty good position in life there.

Now imagine if I went back to the earth just 200 years ago with the knowledge I have now? Just think of how much power I could have over others with that knowledge. My group & I could pretty much come up with countless ways to aquire wealth & power. There's really no way anyone would ever know unless I allowed them to.

Thus if and advanced species far in advance of us wanted to live amongst us & they looked similiar it would not be that difficult at all. If they appeared too much different all they would have to do is have stealth technology far enough ahead of ours to make them undetectable to us. Whether that means hiding in a deep cavern below a mountain range, a hidden hollow mountain at the bottom of the ocean or a gigantic cloaked spaceship on the otherside of the moon only they know & their not going to let you know if they don't want you to.

Or in another sense if we are like ants to them would us the ants be aware of them? When the water comes & floods our ant colony would we know that they are responsible for what we call the tsunami that killed half our colony? Of course being the ants that we are we have know way of knowing how to find the evidence of their existance because finding it is beyond our knowledge.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
yes not all ufos arent alein because we have some in area 51 theres 9 hangars builts into the cliff face where they come out of but most are

this is all I will say

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
You may be right. Certain species may just be native to Earth. Such as the reptilian models. Hell, are we so sure we originate from Earth.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ve7lgt
Why is it that UFO's are always thought of as being from another planet ? Is it not possible that they are a superior species native to the earth . When you look at the stories about Atlantis and the superior race of people that lived there is it not possible that The Atlantians developed technology that alowed them to dissapear under the Ocean . And since then have developed technologies far ahead of ours?

Because we have lots of reliable testimonies about where they originate (Zeta Reticuli is one example).
www.ufoarea.com...
www.ufoarea.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I suppose that it is possible. However, its not something that I personally believe. Like other members have mentioned, we would have found some kind of evidence of their civilization.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The stories about the advanced tech on atlantis was never referenced by the actual philosphers that talked about atlantis. It was all fictional writings later on. Atlantis is nothing more then a highly cultural society that was lost long ago that many philosphers were inspired by.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
When it comes to ancient Egypt We no that the pyramids and other structures where built . But how they where built and what tools where used still remain a mystery .

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

My group & I could pretty much come up with countless ways to aquire wealth & power. There's really no way anyone would ever know unless I allowed them to.

What sort of things could you do to atain wealth and power if you went back 200 years?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Its entirely possible that they are so advanced they left no traces of their existience here on earth at all because they knew we would one day be intellegent enoungh to look for them. It is also possible that your neighbor may be an E.T. or your neighborhood grocerystore is run by one. Its not a question if they exist its how and where they exist on earth is the riddle. Being advanced beyond our imanagnation, they may be able to concele their true looks by blending in with the natives. You, me and the man down the street. Or they can posses the ever famous "cloaking device" and be all around us in not so plain sight. I was thinking along the lines of if they are here why? I feel there is something on this planet they need. Maybe people for an improved gene pool. Could be that they need some kind of element that exisits here and is in short supply where they are from. Maybe it could be NAcl or iron who knows. But I ask myself another question of lets say that they are here..and we are just now getting around to seeing them either from flying through the skies or one walking in the woods looking for a spot to go. Maybe thay want to at this point in time, want to slowly expose us to them so as not to create mass hysteria or better known as panic. Could be the that the show about the UFO's the other night was ordered from way-up on high to desenstize us to the fact that they may be here and to slowly acclimate us to that fact. Either way, if I came across one or two, I'd invite 'em for a few beers if they would let take their craft around the cosmic block.

top topics

join