It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Right Wing Extremist" Fallacy, and Other Thoughts On Leftist Strategy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
"If two make peace with each other in a single house, they will say to the mountain, 'Move from here!' and it will move."

This applies to the public, and each individual. Try being extremely moderate?
edit on 5-12-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What someone with your history of supporting unsupportable people, whose aims are unethical and have no place in this modern era,

I can only presume you're referring to Trump. Please, go through my post history and find all the times I've supported Trump. I'll save you the trouble: at best you'll find that I supported the idea of giving him a fair chance to do something as a President before I hitched my wagon to the bash train. You'll find plenty of times that I questioned things he said and did, though, and got called a liberal, a leftist, and a snowflake for doing so. And a couple of times where people such as yourself indicated that because I wasn't shrilly screaming about Trump I must be a supporter. I didn't vote for Trump. I haven't gone back in time and changed that fact. No matter how often you or others scream about it, I'm still not a supporter.

thinks of my legal history means less than nothing to me, as does your opinion of me in general.

I'd believe that if it wasn't the opening salvo in a multi-paragraph diatribe. The phrase "acta non verba" comes to mind. Telling me you don't care then spending several paragraphs engaging with me is pretty disingenuous. For what it's worth, though, I really don't care much for you, or about you, I just found your hypocrisy to be noteworthy.

For the record, my legal history is that despite having been a victim of a fraud committed with the aid of her majesties government,

If that's what you want to call being a homophobe to a customer, sure.

The difference between those who advocate for the far right on this site, and myself, is that I have been accused without having actually ever having earned it by way of behaving in anything less than an EXEMPLARY fashion toward people of all origins, creeds and sexualities throughout the whole of my life.

Except the gays, evidently.

Regardless, the difference between us, is that those of you who find yourself disagreeing with my attitude on Nazis, ARE everything you get accused of being, and deserve to be ill treated and to have the respect you think you deserve, denied you, because your actions are what got you accused, where as I attracted an accusation having done literally nothing wrong.

I'd say the difference between "us" is that I don't espouse violence up to and including murder simply because I don't like what you have to say. That, and how I interact with gay people.

It does not matter how many times you try to deflect, bring up a past that never happened,

But it did happen.

your support for far right terrorists

Which would be "zero support." Point of fact, any thread that espouses the notion that there's nothing to fear from the far right terror groups compared to far left, I'm usually involved in it pointing out that there's plenty to be concerned with about both extremes.

your support for far right positions,

Being to the right of your extremist position doesn't make anybody "far right." It just makes them not as extreme left as you are.

and your ignorant piece of crap of a leader

See point #1.

factually, evidence, far more evidence than has ever been presented against me in a court of law, that you are everything I suggest you are and worse.

Except the claims against you were proven in a court of law, and I doubt very much you could prove me to be a Trump supporter.

If you do not like the constant, unrelenting pressure that puts you all under,

The only pressure there is for me is containing the laughter when extremists like you and other extremists, from either side, lose their marbles like this. It's not that difficult, though. Don't worry.

then I suggest you either change your beliefs, or piss off to storm front where your toxic, inhuman, phobia driven political beliefs will find comfort and mindless acceptance, of the sort that personifies your entire half of the political spectrum.

I guess you'd know where to go to spout phobic comments.

Bottom line, practically nothing you said applies to me. For somebody who gets so worked up over what he claims to have been false allegations (that were still somehow upheld in court), you sure do make a lot of demonstrably false allegations about my personal politics. My post history stands on it's own merit. I've been called a leftist by right-wing nutjobs, and called a right-wing nutjob by extremists on the left like yourself. I've also been called non-partisan, and equally willing to take either side to task, and that matters far more to me than your baseless accusations and partisan hack tactics that are entirely without merit. It was a slightly more focused and less shrill diatribe than the other ones though, at least.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Great post.

This is why I constantly call out violent rhetoric when I see it on all sides.

Once you jsutify in your head that violence is acceptable against people that are especially heinous, you begin to label more and more people in that catergory.

Until you end up saying all supporters of a political party or candidate deserve violence, and what more, even labeling people like yourself as a supporter of that candidate that also deserves violence.

In other words, the calls for violence are merely an excuse to attack anyone who he has any disgreement with.

All the while this abhorrent behavior is done with the upmost certainty that he is morally superioor to all of the people criticizing these calls for violence.

All I can do is condemn these calls, and not reciprocate, showing that even though I feel this ideology is dangerous and literally not sane, Ibwill still try to have constructive dialogue in hopes of any little light of reality poking in to maybe discourage these calls for violence.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

except, Capitalism does not equal "opportunity" it never has, and never will

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

No system ever developed in the history of the world has lifted more people out of poverty than capitalism.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

"Capitalism is the worst form of economics, except for all the others."
-A nod to Winston Churchill.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The "Right Wing Extremist" Fallacy,

Summed up in a nutshell

'Right wing extremist' is pc for bigotry.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join