It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Party Of The Rich: Democrats Prepare To Push Tax Cuts For The Wealthy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

GOP #ed the tax code for a give away to the rich. This is one of the steps to fix it.

So the first step to fix the "give away to the rich," is to give away more to the rich?

LOL

I swear people dont think before the speak rhetorical questions anymore.

Indeud.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

GOP #ed the tax code for a give away to the rich. This is one of the steps to fix it.

So the first step to fix the "give away to the rich," is to give away more to the rich?

LOL

I swear people dont think before the speak rhetorical questions anymore.

Indeud.

You asked a dumb question about how this could be justified and I showed you how easy it could be that is all.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Oh I see now. Your answer is libtards are called libtards for a reason. I agree.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

And someone has to pay for that road patch....

Congress be patching up roads around town is it?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Amazing how they can find the time to draft bills for tax breaks for the rich and confiscate firearms while they're working every possible angle to impeach Trump. Busy little beavers! Free College and Healthcare for all! They even have a green revolution ready for us. How about some carbon taxes for social justice?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I want tax cuts that benefit me.

I'm not in the 1% and don't really care what happens to these #####s. They could eliminate income tax altogether and get all their money from tariffs and sales tax like they used to. All that tariffs are is a form of excise tax so it's really just another type of sales tax.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Well, you have to take care of your big donors.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Your taxes paid for my "front-hole" hat.

Thank you.

No worries, it looks good on us.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
YOU pay a fortune in taxes and frankly don't know what I will wind up paying in Florida.

Hopefully much less than what it is here. The only thing that would make me eave the area is the property taxes.

And shoveling my roof.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I haven't checked the numbers but off the top of my head I would bet that 95%+ of this tax cut would go to the top 10% of earners.

Who pays the bulk of the taxes?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'm amazed at how many people still think there's a difference between establishment Democrats and establishment Republicans. They say just enough that appeals to their base to stay in power while at the same time bending over backwards for major corporations and the people that run them so they can get their real payday.

These people don't care about you. All they care about is their bank account.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Lol, that’s all this piece or trash deserves. a reply to: Dfairlite

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

New Jersey, where I live, is a net contributor to the Treasury, which means we pay more into the Federal Government then we get back*. So if I can recoup some of my property taxes I'm totally cool with that.

*This also means other states are mooching off us.

Just imagine what New Jersey could do with the $4.5 BILLION that illegal immigrants are mooching off of you every year!

edit on 4-12-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

To be clear, I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea of SALT deductions, I just find it rich in irony that the party who accuses republicans of only passing tax cuts for the rich, is pushing a tax cut that will only affect people who pay over 10k in SALT (AKA the rich).

I don't care who cuts my taxes. 10K doesn't even cover half my property taxes.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
Just imagine what New Jersey could do with the $4.5 BILLION that illegal immigrants are mooching off of you every year!

Link?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

New Jersey, where I live, is a net contributor to the Treasury, which means we pay more into the Federal Government then we get back*. So if I can recoup some of my property taxes I'm totally cool with that.

*This also means other states are mooching off us

Considering you guys gave us Chris Christie, I'd say we're even.

Even though he didn't have an impact on the nation as a whole, we all had to see him.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The top 10% pays 69% of the taxes iirc.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Man, you are really stretching to make this point aren’t you?

Since the Democrats are wanting to increase that deduction you are arguing that they are giving tax cuts to the rich? Hahahahaha!!!! Yes, in your state state taxes may be low enough that you can get by with the 10k with room to spare. Hell, in your state Rich folks may be able to use the deduction as it is. However, state income taxes are not the same and some states pay much more in state and local taxes than others. So in some states the 10k deduction limit will impact the middle class.

Also, you realize that deduction is the combination of state income taxes + local taxes + state sales tax?

In all honesty, the best way to handle this would be to set a per state deduction limit. However, I don’t think they are able to do that.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Deetermined

Link?

New Jersey’s illegal immigrant-related tab is now America’s 5th highest

savejersey.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Even though he didn't have an impact on the nation as a whole, we all had to see him.

You want impact? We should have dropped him on you from orbit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join