It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now they are after our BACON. . . . . . OMG

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Dont know how I missed this thread for 2 days.

So reading the title I was like Allright thats is thats the last straw , you guys want war you got it.

Then i see it was just the idioms so not war worthy but still stupid.

If they ever really do come after our bacon they can pry if from my cold dead hands

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
As the father of an zealous vegan, I've concluded a few things:

1.) It's near impossible to decide where to eat at a restaurant. Best to announce the restaurant and ask, "want to go?" Vegans by nature of their selectivity usually prepare their own food. We give her her portion of the grocery money, she shops, she makes her own meals, we're all good with this.
2.) Don't push, don't allow to be pushed. For example, I hate walnuts and refuse anything containing them. Likewise I would not offer meat & dairy to someone if I know they don't want it (and simply means more for me). If I don't know their diet, I offer but never insist, they should kindly respect me in doing the same. If she says, "do you want some Vegan..." I say no, learned my lesson on trying the various vegan foods.
3.) There is something called "Certified Humane" for us omnivores who are willing to pay a little extra for better animal treatment. (certifiedhumane.org...)
4.) Organic is a scam. (thepeopleschemist.com...)
5.) Veganism seems to be more of a commentary on their viewpoint of humanity. Either all ranchers are evil or a few ranchers being evil makes all ranching unacceptable, for example. Unsubstantiated claims run rampant and microcosmic examples are supposed to apply to the whole for some reason. I don't have "faith in humanity" but have known enough humans to be able to confidently say that the great majority of people try to do the right thing on a daily basis.
6.) Vegan support groups exist on and offline and many participants feel a GREAT sense of pride belong to them.
7.) New vegans are generally cool, they don't yammer on about it 24/7 nor post passive-aggressive memes about the evils of animal product eating. This apparently can change though over time.
8.) Veganism messes up metabolism and needs re-balancing with vitamins and supplements (B12, Folate, etc.) It can also introduce intolerances to foods that did not exist before.
edit on 5-12-2018 by saint4God because: Punctuation, grammar

edit on 5-12-2018 by saint4God because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I've seen more anti-vegan bs this year than pro-vegan articles. Even infowars got in on it saying vegans were puushing agenda 21.

Most vegans I know aren't hardcore activists, and most dueshery is from meat eaters who go nuts at the sound of someone not eating meat.

Not me. I make poke fun a bit, but I'm much more of the letting folks live how they want kind of guy. On the few occasions where we've had vegans over for dinner (generally the flavor of the month one of our kids was dating), I've actually found some things we can prepare that are perfectly acceptable to all.

You don't see many pro-vegan articles though, because it's a minority, not a majority. Not to mention, even those of us who aren't, do understand the reasons folks chose it. (and we also realize most of you will not stick with it, so why tick you off?)
And if you do, more power to ya... As long as all accept the rights of others to eat as they wish, we are all good.

Though I'm still curious why vegans don't eat eggs. They aren't baby chickens. I have all hens. Chickens are going to lay eggs. That's just nature. I don't get folks wanting those eggs to just sit and rot. (well, some other animal will come along and eat them, I suppose).

Every living thing subsists off the dead, whether plant or animal, etc. That's just the way it is.
edit on 5-12-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Though I'm still curious why vegans don't eat eggs. They aren't baby chickens. I have all hens. Chickens are going to lay eggs. That's just nature. I don't get folks wanting those eggs to just sit and rot. (well, some other animal will come along and eat them, I suppose).

Every living thing subsists off the dead, whether plant or animal, etc. That's just the way it is.

Our resident vegan has a problem with corporate evil, so she's okay with people raising their own hens. She's also okay with hunters hunting and fishers fishing for themselves, it's more about not knowing how the animals are treated and mass suffering. Vegan is her assurance that there's no unseen terror occurring.
edit on 5-12-2018 by saint4God because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
My chickens are pretty spoiled. All of my animals are really. And we have a bunch. (small ranch, so we have the room).

We've got horses, bunnies, chickens, cats, dogs, even a snake (was my son's, but we kind of kept her after his passing). My wife still wants to get goats. I have to say though, all of the farming folks I know....you'll never find folks who treat their animals better. Simple as that.

The snake ("Nagini", she's a smaller boa), really needs a bigger environment though, so I'm working on a bigger one for her.

It's pretty big (the new tank). Eventually, it's going to be a Dagobah scene (from Empire Strikes Back), with a crashed X-Wing in the water, while Yoda's hut will serve as her hiding rock. I'll use her existing branches, etc. that she likes to climb now, in there as trees. I'll have to post when it's done.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: blueman12

All true.

I am a dick.

I'll check with you and PETA before I do another thread.

Here's PETA. . .

dat arse and legs in la femme nikita TV series though.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
My chickens are pretty spoiled. All of my animals are really. And we have a bunch. (small ranch, so we have the room).

I have no doubt, but if you make a Youtube video of "Normal Farm" it'll get 0 hits. Post a video of "Man beats cow", that means everyone everywhere is doing this. Consequently, you get a billion cries that all ranches and farms with animals should be burned to the ground.
edit on 6-12-2018 by saint4God because: Sentence structure

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: saint4God

Yep, a key problem with how much the current generations rely on social media for their opinions on issues.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The goal is to keep American males from consuming meat, the primary dietary source of testosterone precursors.

They replace meat with soy, which contains testosterone antagonists.

Vegetarianism is chemical castration.

It's how they dilute the purity of your essence.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Shareena Hamzah of Swansea University says idioms involving animal products could be rendered obsolete because they are out of touch with the zeitgeist.

patriotretort.com...

You cite a Research Student at Swansea University who wrote a paper.

Your Headline for the thread states "Now they are after our BACON. . . . . . OMG"

Who is "They"? Honest question as it will help explain a headline that reads as paranoid?
edit on 6-12-2018 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

Who is "They"? Honest question as it will help explain a headline that reads as paranoid?

For real?

You sleep.
THEY LIVE

A paranoid headline on ATS... All is right with the world

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen

For real?

You sleep.
THEY LIVE

It was a simple question.
Your post suggests you are unable to answer it?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The original article from The Independent that discusses Ms. Hamzah's research (a link within the OP's link) also discusses comments by PETA about wanting society to gradually remove meat-based idioms from language through education by having educators not use, or teach, such idioms around students.

Animal rights organisation PETA has been campaigning for more vegan and vegetarian-friendly idioms for years, urging teachers not to use phrases that perpetuate violence towards animals.

“These old sayings are often passed down in classrooms during lessons on literary devices,” a blog post on its website reads.

While these phrases may seem harmless, they carry meaning and can send mixed signals to students about the relationship between humans and animals and can normalize abuse.

Teaching students to use animal-friendly language can cultivate positive relationships between all beings and help end the epidemic of youth violence toward animals.”

www.independent.co.uk...

So I suppose "they" could include PETA.

edit on 2018/12/6 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
that's right.

I can't say who "they" means.

ATS is a brilliant resource for paranoid rants; I'd think you'd be able to find your answer here.

Several posters on this thread have implied that one of the authorities quoted in the OP, having an Arabic surname, probably comes from a culture of bacon-deniers.

There seems to be an insenuendo that the vegetarian syndicate is doing whatever it can to reduce the consumption of meat.

Often, ATS mean either the deep state, the globalists, banksters, etc, by the term

you could do a keyword search in ATS archives of "they" and find out the particulars for yourself.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

The original article from The Independent that discusses Ms. Hamzah's research (a link within the OP's link) also discusses comments by PETA about wanting society to gradually remove meat-based idioms from language through education by having educators not use, or teach, such idioms around students.

Perfect.
Thank you.
I consider PETA both ineffective and extremist at times.
I love animals and I also eat some of them. Same with our omnivore ancestors. Circle of life and such.
If "They" was the US Government, for example, I could see the cause for concern.
PETA? Same as they ever were? More important things to discuss than PETA saying something.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

I dunno. I think activist groups such as PETA have the power to eventually effect bigger change.

It doesn't necessarily start with a government, but an activist organization, such as PETA, may cause enough of a grass-roots swell regarding a specific topic that it effects the way larger groups view that topic.

So if someone was against the idea that school administrators should give a directive to teachers to NOT teach these meat idioms -- which eventually may lead to teachers being punished for teaching them anyway (i.e., slippery slope of sorts) -- then perhaps nipping it in the bud before it gets that far would mean nipping PETA's position on this in the bud before it gets too far.

edit on 2018/12/6 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Maybe, but I am still very, very skeptical of the threat.
PETA has been around decades and at best they got some women in Hollywood to stop wearing fur coats.
I am not concerned about them coming for my Bacon.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Now they are after our BACON. . . . . . OMG

Does that mean Kevin is going to have to change his name?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
The goal is to keep American males from consuming meat, the primary dietary source of testosterone precursors.

They replace meat with soy, which contains testosterone antagonists.

Vegetarianism is chemical castration.

It's how they dilute the purity of your essence.

There is no evidence of that. Plenty of vegan foods that boost testosterone. There is no strong evidence linking tofu to testosterone destruction. A remember a study done by Mark Messina and another PHD concluded that soy , nor isoflavone alters bioavailability for testosterone in men.

I'll glaldy admit that im not well researched on the subject, but I'm sure you arent either
. Most vegans are damn health conscious and would admit if there was clear evidence that tofu destroys testosterone.

Especially because there are other choices than tofu for complete proteins. Rice and beans are one inexpensive example.

So please.. Stop pushing that propoganda.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: DBCowboy

Tired of seeing your dumb posts on top of ATS. But have fun bullying vegans. I'm sure that's what ATS is all about.

I may have let my emotions get the best of me on a bad day. However, i have seen a lot of anti-vegan stuff lately. I just dont understand it. Vegans are mostly realistic, a small population, and have no power or desire to take over the world.

If anything, they help spread awareness of bad meat industry practices. Which, in turn, help folks like you out in having better meat.

In today's internet, you can find any blogger or "jouranalist" and amplify their opinion x100 to make it seem like alot of people feel the same way. It's bad practice, and you just give it energy. Hardcore anti-pc is no differnt than hardcore pc. Two sides of the same coin.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join